...life can be translucent

Menu

The Bach Flower Remedies: Vervain

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I got 42.1 > 20.

It helps to remove us from "pouring more in" and "making great movements." It helps us to take the stance of an observer, thus tempering a state of over-enthusiasm.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
thanks Ginnie :)

I 'd be curious to read Rosada's comments on this cause she often mentions Bach remedies, but as far as I know she's away these days . .

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for thinking of me!
I'm in Pasadena now keeping an eye on my 96 year old mom while my sister takes a break to visit her kids back east.
I've found it very helpful to consult the I Ching about what the effects are of the different Bach Flowers. It would be interesting to do a study of the flowers and see if one could match the different essences to the hexagrams. Might result in an effective directory so that one might consult the I Ching and ask which essences would be helpful. I suspect it would be highly personal but that doesn't make it less meaningful.
Rosada

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
you're welcomed Rosada, I first heard of Bach remedies from you and although I haven't run into them anywhere here I was always curious as to their effects . .

rosada

visitor
Reaction score
You can find them at health food stores, any store that carries homeopathic remedies would carry them. You can also google them on line. Just type in Bachflower essences or Rescue remedy.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
ugh, that's what I thought too Rosada but apparently they're not accessible around here . . anyway, at this point I've come down with something and am a little feverish so just for now I'll have to make do with my mother's rustic recipes . .

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
http://www.bachcentre.com/centre/remedies.htm

this page has modern descriptions and Bach's original description as well. Here we have australian bush flower remedies, using native flora.

Rescue remedy is good but its a modern practice to mix more than one remedy together (3 optimum, 4 stretching, 5 absolute max). Its traditional to just take one remedy at a time and in small quantities as possible. If you are sensitive they can have a strong effect to the point of drowsiness. (When I first took I actually felt like I got high, but maybe that was due to my active imagination, dunno, but it felt good.) I really like bach flowers.

It would be interesting to do a study of the flowers and see if one could match the different essences to the hexagrams.

also interesting because by doing this you would be looking at hexagrams as describing personality...has that been done before?

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I'm in Pasadena now keeping an eye on my 96 year old mom

Ouch, your mom is old!

It would be interesting to do a study of the flowers and see if one could match the different essences to the hexagrams.

Some time ago Hilary posted on one of these threads that she was interested in this, too.

neegula

visitor
Reaction score
..but...but this is great!
sorry i was missing from here such a long time, i just saw this thread now.

ok, i'm going to study carefully from this first example ginnie gave with 42>20, thank you. :)
well, it will take me probably some months to have clear and "sure" infos; ok, i'll ask to Yi which flower to get or give to someone when necessary; for now, thanks so much for the imput!

normally i study in Doc. Dethlefsen and Dahlke' litterature which is the "mental invitation" (well, i'm translating literary from italian) for a desease or accident to "arrive" and than i get Flowers or omeopathic remedy (and/or mantra) for healing or changement.
i also got last week very good infos about the relation between specifical fingers injuries and ones' Shadow pushing out physical troubles same; in those days one finger of mine was swollen, so i looked for the emotional definition and then i saw i had to get again (!) Five Corners -for 3 days: on the 4th, done!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).