...life can be translucent

Menu

Pigs Covered in Muck -- sounds right to me!

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
This has been a week of awful revelations and disappointments coming home to roost in many ways. Every time I thought it couldn't be more upsetting or even embarrassing -- it got just that much worse. I feel like I've had my nose rubbed in every stupid thing I ever did and like the weakness and vulnerability of my position in life has been brought home and shoved down my throat at every turn. I'm about to find a permanent foetal position and just stay there.

Last gasp I asked the Yi [knowing for fact that I do have a guardian angel -- I never saw him but my Dad met him believe it or not] "What would my guardian angel say about all of this?"

The casting: Hexagram 38.1.2.4.6 becomiing Hexagram 2. Quite loosely I take this to mean I shouldn't overreact, that maybe it's not so bad as I think and to stay receptive rather than closing off possibility I don't yet see.

Any thoughts out there? Could this be a more crap year? It never seems to end.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hey there,

so sad to read about that -but what an answer to get . . In my eyes 38 carries really a calming message, starting from line 1. You might feel like mud is being thrown at you or you're being treated in a crappy way or that the world can really be a hostile place if you don't abide to some of its polarized views but none of this has truly anything on you . .
you know, I think the mud is always the thing that wants to make us feel bad about not conforming, or about refusing to throw it back, it's sticky and wants to make us look like a black sheep but we don't have to take it in . . just let your tap open to running water and let it wash all of it out . .

such things are never about us anyway, they are more about those voices that always need to find fault or blame . . no need to hold on to those, the more they are heard and dispelled, the more a way opens. Opposition likes to breed its own kind, but where no resistance arises opposition just finds nothing to hold on to . .

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This has been a week of awful revelations and disappointments coming home to roost in many ways. Every time I thought it couldn't be more upsetting or even embarrassing -- it got just that much worse. I feel like I've had my nose rubbed in every stupid thing I ever did and like the weakness and vulnerability of my position in life has been brought home and shoved down my throat at every turn. I'm about to find a permanent foetal position and just stay there.

Last gasp I asked the Yi [knowing for fact that I do have a guardian angel -- I never saw him but my Dad met him believe it or not] "What would my guardian angel say about all of this?"

The casting: Hexagram 38.1.2.4.6 becomiing Hexagram 2. Quite loosely I take this to mean I shouldn't overreact, that maybe it's not so bad as I think and to stay receptive rather than closing off possibility I don't yet see.
Any thoughts out there? Could this be a more crap year? It never seems to end.

Yes I'd kind of go with that...its strange how often 38.1 comes up around strong feelings of "i really had enough if this and i can't take anymore...foetal position here I come"

Plus with all those lines inc 1 and 6 i think this is something you are going to process and assimilate pretty quickly as compost or fertilizer for your soil (hex 2 )

Probably if feelings are intense I would allow them to be here, I don't think they'll do real harm, they are all going to be ploughed back in to 2's field to make some rich fertile soil indeed.

Plus seems to me its at precisely at such times, or rather just after such times some kind of turnabout comes

I also see hex 2 as the release of a kind, an acceptance. The earth accepts all the tears and angers and fury and alienation. It can be very calming just to lie down on the earth and feel that...if it was warmer in Scotland you could. I guess I'd also think of hex 2 as mother and what does a mother do with a conflicted, furious, disapointed child whos breaking their heart.....perhaps she just carries them till it all subsides and they go to sleep and when they wake up its better...er not that I am comparing you to a child,,,but to the guardian angel you may be. Maybe a mothering earth energy is where that 38 stuff needs to rest for a while

I'm feeling right now you could do with that mothering energy of hex 2 which just accepts all that 38...which having just seen Doras answer is kind of what she was saying

Is there a way you could connect with what is mothering for you to help yourself in this time. I know you are a mother yourself but maybe you also need a sense of being mothered in hex 2 kind of a way....not smothered mothered ;)

I recall Water on Earth saying you were being challenged by earth ? or something like that ? Maybe part of that challenge is a surrender to being cared for too, letting the earth take your weight and everything you think you have to hold yourself including all the 'bad' bits ?

Or maybe I am just rambling on here in a sentimental kind of a way...must be a full moon....look out for crabs we get soppy every now and then

but yes i feel this to be a soothing answer....a child carrying all their 38 confusions and stresses to mother which may seem to fit just what a guardian angel might do for you right now ?

Last edited:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
It's weird -- and perhaps foolish -- that I keep having the feeling this is going to turn to something far better. All evidence so far is that things just go further down the drain, or are entirely washed away and time to start over again. I keep counting my blessing and trying to hold a grateful frame of mind and at the same moment feeling rather defeated. Schizophrenia anyone?

Then getting the Hexagram 38 reading and all of the subtle implications within that all is not lost by a far chalk -- even if it is lost and starting over is the way -- has reinforced my sense of hope that there is a purpose, or a turn in the tide, that will be a point of relief. Or is that not necessarily indicated by Hexagram 38; that the future may hold an answer and that something turns around? I have that inner feeling, but would rather not "rise" to the occasion only to fall off the next cliff as well.

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hmm, I don't think that you need to 'rise' to ay occasion with 38 -which can be a relief at times - . . at least I've never seen it suggesting anything like that . .
I really like what trojan said here:

Is there a way you could connect with what is mothering for you to help yourself in this time. I know you are a mother yourself but maybe you also need a sense of being mothered in hex 2 kind of a way

the feeling I get more with 38 also has to do with being comfortable in who you are, being at peace with that even if it means you don't get everyone's approval . .
There is a word I like for 38, and that's 'idiorhythme' . . In Greek it means 'peculiar' or 'unusual' but its more literal meaning signifies someone who is characterized by a rhythm or style all their own -I find it sits great with the hexagram's image . .
oh, I also remember reading here a story related to 38.1 by Bradford . . I also came across it here

be well!!

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
Oh thanks rodaki -- also really helpful. I need to do more caring about myself and not sign on for so many projects -- that I know. The other thing is that in the past while I've been "responsible" for some things over which I have no ultimate control. For instance in doing radio -- which I love in general. But I've found that the station manager is extremely unreliable and although I spend days scripting a great programme, assembling interviews and music, at the last moment the editing is rubbish and the whole thing falls apart. I need to get myself out of the position of relying upon unreliable people, which makes me very nervous.

I wonder particularly about the idea of seeing a cart with devils and finding out these are really friendly souls. In a few instances where things went pear-shaped lately I have a feeling that others are at the mercy of the situation and can't control what's happening to them and this is just flowing downhill onto me. I don't know if Hex 38 holds any elements of that situation. But the "devils" who become friendly beings are very interesting to me.
Anyone with an idea of that phenomenon?

Also, this very strong feeling that the situation will turn around soon is just pervasive. So much so that I enquired of the Yi, "Can I expect this situation to improve for me soon?" The Yi replied with Hex 51 unchanging. I'm taking this to mean the improvement is a big surprise? Whatever is coming next is apparently shocking. Just hoping it's not a continuation of the surprises I'd rather not have.

Thanks Rodaki and T for all of your encouraging ideas. :hug:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
hmm, I don't think that you need to 'rise' to ay occasion with 38 -which can be a relief at times - . . at least I've never seen it suggesting anything like that . .
I really like what trojan said here:

the feeling I get more with 38 also has to do with being comfortable in who you are, being at peace with that even if it means you don't get everyone's approval . .
There is a word I like for 38, and that's 'idiorhythme' . . In Greek it means 'peculiar' or 'unusual' but its more literal meaning signifies someone who is characterized by a rhythm or style all their own -I find it sits great with the hexagram's image . .
oh, I also remember reading here a story related to 38.1 by Bradford . . I also came across it herebe well!!

Have just read this story and it fits amazingly well i think -- losses that could definitely have another side I simply haven't seen yet. The feeling that the whole story isn't yet clear and I'm waiting to hear the rest. That was brilliant Rodaki -- perfect fit for what i'm sensing.:bows:

arabella

visitor
Reaction score
....................Trojan quotation:

"Or maybe I am just rambling on here in a sentimental kind of a way...must be a full moon....look out for crabs we get soppy every now and then

but yes i feel this to be a soothing answer....a child carrying all their 38 confusions and stresses to mother which may seem to fit just what a guardian angel might do for you right now ?"

A remarkable image to give, very clear, and I wanted to highlight it because it's one of those metaphors that just sinks immediately into the bones and you feel what is being said. :bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).