...life can be translucent

Menu

A weird choice... 17.6 > 25

aasca

visitor
Reaction score
I am an architect who wants to pursue career as a video game designer.

Lately, however, I have some trouble being creative,
I'm under too much stress thinking about what's practical and what's not
(in my country, video game industry almost doesn't exist, so I couldn't make a living from it)..
..so, I don't have much motivation to pursue my dream,
and feel bad either way- if I give up, OR not :(

Yesterday I saw this new competition for concept artists -
a design for the main villain for a game.
And the best design gets a nice money prize.
So I thought, maybe that could motivate me
(but, not so much the money itself, it's the competition -
I know there will be many participants, and I've always liked to compete :)

This is the assignment:
''You're traveling through Telara as a bright light appears.
A massive rift opens up and monsters start invading.
Your team fights to protect their land.
As they continuously battle the invading monsters,
a massive, 10-story colossus appears.''

..and that colossus should be from one of the six worlds
(it's a free choice for every participant) :

Fire, Air, Earth, Water, Life, Death.

So I asked I Ching:
Which world should I chose (for my design)?
...and got 17.6 > 25.

If anyone has any idea.. I'd be very grateful. :)

Last edited:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
..and that colossus should be from one of the six worlds
(it's a free choice for every participant) :

So I asked I Ching:
...and got 17.6 > 25.

If anyone has any idea.. I'd be very grateful. :)

trigrams of both hex don't help a lot ( thunder, lake, heaven )
like 6 has a mountain... doesn't help either but maybe the place to make a sacrifice helps. I faintly recall that there was a discussion here whether 17.6 is about a human sacrifice ( ritually killing- death ????, just a wild guess)

What i noticed also , is you have 6 words that is a list with 6 lines so maybe the word is the one has the place #6 in a hex ( the top line)

wild guessing here but as a visual-answer I'll choose the first word of that list.

nebu

visitor
Reaction score
Hello aasca

It sounds like you have an interesting 'skill set' (what a dry, horrible phrase that is.... sorry for using it!). I can certainly relate to the drying up of creativity and the falling away of motivation.

I can offer a suggestion, though not an interpretation, because first and foremost the Yi is speaking to your creative self (not my creative self...otherwise I would be doing the video and stealing your thunder, oh competitive one!)

So here is one suggestion.

Perhaps you could put the Yi's line text of your answer up on your wall, or write it on your fridge in fridge magnet poetry, or whatever, and alongside it put the computer game scenario's text, and then just let them catch your eye over a period of a few days and see what comes in your life and inside you.

Regards

Nebu

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score

So I asked I Ching:
...and got 17.6 > 25.

If anyone has any idea.. I'd be very grateful.

Hexagram 17 represents Yang Water.

aasca

visitor
Reaction score
Guys, you're great, thank you so much for the insights! :bows:

@anemos
Your idea really makes sense to me.:) On the list, Earth is first and Death is last, so I thought maybe I should go for one of those two.. Then, there is a picture of the Mountain in 17.6, so maybe that's Earth, while the sacrifice is indeed Death..
But, in the past, I've always liked to draw water creatures (my astro natal chart is full of water, so it does makes sense), and deep inside I did have a feeling that, maybe, I should do one for this occasion too. But then I thought, why should I draw water creatures all the time, maybe I should start with something else for a change.

@nebu
I'm glad you can relate to my creative blockage, it's really an awful, awful feeling and it's more complex than it appears (since I don't live alone and my family must see me being miserable every day..).. It's true that, in the end, everything comes down to my own intuition, yet, I've created this thread here to hear some other opinions, cause I've been reading this forum for a while now and know that there are people who can really help to see your own intuitive feeling more clearly.:)

@pocossin
I think this is it, I'll be doing a water monster after all:)
Hex 17 is Water, it goes to 25 - innocence, the unexpected... which probably means that, even though the line itself, rationally, suggests Earth or Death, I should stay true to myself, and, maybe unexpectedly, ignore the whole 6th line thing and choose the element that's most familiar to me - Water.

Thank you all again for your time, you've helped a lot. :bows:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Hex 17 is Water, it goes to 25 - innocence, the unexpected... which probably means that, even though the line itself, rationally, suggests Earth or Death, I should stay true to myself, and, maybe unexpectedly, ignore the whole 6th line thing and choose the element that's most familiar to me - Water.

I like that ! Following(17) your true Nature (25). I have a similar "relationship" with water so I understand your decision. 25 advice to be as we are and I think you follow the 17.6 advice. ;)

Good luck !!!

nebu

visitor
Reaction score
@nebu
I'm glad you can relate to my creative blockage, it's really an awful, awful feeling and it's more complex than it appears (since I don't live alone and my family must see me being miserable every day..).. It's true that, in the end, everything comes down to my own intuition, yet, I've created this thread here to hear some other opinions, cause I've been reading this forum for a while now and know that there are people who can really help to see your own intuitive feeling more clearly.:)

Yes, indeed, from my own experience in being assisted by the people here I know that what you're saying is right.

The awkward feeling I had when I read your post was about you not saying your own intuitive feeling at the outset, not because of the forum etiquette or anything like that, but because of your being a creative person, a designer, and an architect.

I saw you saying you want to be creative again, but I also saw something missing, and I found it saddening. I wanted to know where you were. I wanted your presence to be felt in the picture, shaping and influencing it and being part of it and most of all playing with it. I felt like a cheerleader wondering why the champ is out of sorts, not himself, not quite present in his own skin.

A creative person plays and is the author. She or he can play with others, but the others can't do the playing for him/her. To strike a match people need a suitable surface to strike it against. A collaboration can be very creatively powerful.

The Yi Jing's answer spoke to you about something the King (an authority, an author, a decision-maker) does. Hexagram 17 is speaking to you, it seems to me, about the broader issue of your creativity and authorship, not just about the competition choice, but about the processes of both. The one is reflected in the other, and the way I see it you have, as you wanted, a chance to re-light your creative fires, and IMO the Yi is probably trying to do that with you when it says 'hexagram 17, line 6'.

This is not criticism or chastisement, it's encouragement and cheering you on. Clearly you are creative, it's just the motivation pilot light is having trouble staying lit at the moment for some reason/s. But there is a King, and he can go to the Mountain....

I wish you luck but most of all I wish you happy playing and oodles of creative thoughts.

Regards

Nebu

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
There's a hint of the Nuremburg trials in 17.6. The leaders of the trouble were beheaded.
There are consequences (pun intended) to following (17) - it doesn't release us from accountability, at least for those who had a fair chance to choose. The relatively more innocent (Gua 25) were given a chance to learn the lesson.
So I'd suggest the Yi was suggesting "death", where that is justice.

ace

visitor
Reaction score
When you have innocently followed your path to the end ... death waits.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).