...life can be translucent

Menu

38.5.6>58, 8.3.6>53, 47 unch (relationship pt2)

petitchou

visitor
Reaction score
I can resist anything but temptation. I wasn't successful at keeping my focus on what was right in front of me. (http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showthread.php?t=12893) I did email him the day after he said he didn't want to see me. He was still angry with me, but we've spoken a few times since and exchanged a few messages. This evening, he called and said he does want to be with me, but that I have to stop being such an emotional basket case so often (my words, not his).

So I asked the Yi what I need to do to become that more confident, dynamic, and energetic person I want to be: 38.5.6 > 58. This is something I want for myself, not just in the context of this relationship.
I'm assuming this is an opposition in myself, between what I want (to be comfortable within my own skin and to have healthy self-esteem) and my anxiety/insecurity. Could line 5 be referring again to myself, telling me I have to "unwrap" the anxiety/insecurity that's covering me, so the more confident me can show herself to the world? And line 6 is perhaps referring to unifying the two parts of myself (the part who wants to be a confident person together with the part that's insecure)? or is line 6 referring to someone else -- a therapist? my boyfriend? -- who wants to help and be with me? Not so sure about line 6. Then, assuming I do this, I shall experience H58, joy. Any thoughts?

I also asked what I can expect of him now and received 8.3.6 > 53
As much as I generally like these two hexagrams, I don't much like the sound of the changing lines. I'm thinking maybe 8.3 refers to my insecurities/anxieties and which makes me a "wrong person" (using Wilhelm/Baynes here), that 8.6 refers to our "mini-breakup" earlier this week, and that 53 means getting back on track, so to speak, will take a while. But I'm really not sure about this one at all. I mean, it could just as well be saying that this isn't the end of the end and that he'll have another re-think about us and we won't want to stay together.

Finally, I did ask what the course of our relationship would be from here and received 47 unchanging. Not encouraging! It's bleak! I'd like to think the exhaustion is referring to the "crisis" we've been through recently and that working through it will lead us to success.

Any feed back would be very much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
it is always easy to panic and cast too many hexagrams without absorbung them
52 clealry said be still
also the advice to have your own life and pamper with the girls is sound i think
that is 38>58 use this time of estrangement for fun!!!
8 showing the need to belong in a purposeful group spreads the energy and leads to lasting
i think 47 is a warning that if you dont follow the above advice you will exhaust yourself and
get down and low - make yourself laugh and let God do the rest I read once abt 47

petitchou

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks you for the response, hopex! It appreciate you understanding how easy it is to give way to feelings of panic in these situations, and also appreciate you taking the time to answer.
Wishing you all the best.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).