...life can be translucent

Menu

Career dilemma/deadlock - 35.1.2 > 38

kathryncake

visitor
Reaction score
I got some great advice last time I asked, so I thought I'd humbly ask for some more... :)

I am in the midst of a career dilemma. Unexpectedly an opportunity has come up to do something more creative - to work with an interior designer part-time.

I feel like I should jump on this opportunity but am such a terrible ditherer - I don't know whether it's the best thing to do, whether I'd enjoy it, whether I'd be any good.

The other main issue is that I would need to start straight-away, and I'm currently in a full-time job, so I would have to approach my boss to go part-time and I don't think she'd agree. Other alternatives would be giving in my notice here and working evenings and weekends at the other job until I've finished here, or waiting until October when my contract ends and seeing if ther opportunity is still there. I need to get back to the designer today to say whether I'm interested or not.

I have probably been asking the I-Ching about this way too much and not being able to interpret the answers well.

I asked just now 'What do I need to be most aware of at the moment' and got 35.1.2 to 38. This seems to be mirroring my state of mind quite well, but I am already aware of that... :) What insight am I missing?

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
Just in my humble observation >

35 is an aspiring and improving hexagram but line one advises to not
burn any bridges. Line 2 reminds me of a dear friend who always says
'more information - more information' in order to make a decision one
can live with. Line 2 refers to the advice of an older woman.

I liked the idea of working weekends while working out a notice.
38 implies ending in a strange environment

How about asking the best way to bridge or ride the 2 opportunities.
:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).