...life can be translucent

Menu

Business Desision

leader

visitor
Reaction score
Hello All,

I have been going through a tough time with my business. My 50% partner has had it and is willing to sell his shares to get out. I am not in any position to buy him out. I am an optimist and always feel like things are going to turn around. I have one of my big customers that might be a good fit to buy my partner out. My question to the IChing

Should I stick with the dream I have with my company on my own or approach ______ to be my partner.

23 Changing lines 1 and 2
to

Next question was

What kind of response should I expect if I ask ______ to be my partner.

27 Changing lines 3
to

Anyone willing to help interpret . Thanks

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
23 will be a loss. Even with the two moving lines making 41, it is still decrease. 41 is not a bad decrease. It simply means that later things will be get better. 27 is not good for what you want to do. It tells you to be cautious in your speech and what you eat and drink. You have to cultivate the man, and treat him correctly. But now is the not the time this man will act in the way you want. 22 is good for a new business, especially if it connected with the arts. So basically I would say that you are going to have to take more time to make this work, if it works at all. You might consider having your old partner help you finance his share to you, giving him more money for an extended pay out.

leader

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for the insight

Thank you for responding. It really helps hearing another opinion.

The lost part is a little scary. I guess the whole idea of having my largest customer becoming a partner is not a good one at this time. I should really be cautious and nurture the relationship with my big customer. My business is very much connected to the artist community which I guess will help in the future.

I ask what advice can you give me right now to make my company grow and be profitable

31. 6 changing

Help?

modestlearner

visitor
Reaction score
Leader,

Question: is this is a private holding company or public? And, is there talk among others about the changes?

Also, clarifying question: Your dream is to own the company on your own?

When I was looking at your cast 23.1.2>41, I felt that despite your optimism, this cast may be more a snapshot about your own fears.

Modest Learner

modestlearner

visitor
Reaction score
Leader,

It looks like we were posting at the same time. Great minds and all that....

Would still be interested in your reply to the clarifying questions.

Modest Learner

leader

visitor
Reaction score
Wow. That was cool

We were posting at the same time. It does not surprise me. I have really opened up the last few months and have experienced similar situations.

To answer your questions.

Privately owned small company. 8 million in sales. My upper management knows about the changes. And yes I would very much like to own my company 100% that I founded and started in my basement 20 years ago. My dream is to have a highly creative, hardworking, smart, innovative staff that is deeply committed to growing the company with shared purpose.

I am fearful of my current situation but there is a part of me that tells me I have something very special here that will lead us all to some big things.

Thanks for responding.

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
31.6 is a warning to watch your words and what you say and watch your conduct very carefully. It is a very good hexagram if you conduct your affairs scrupulously. 33 also is a warning not to advance right now, that you need to wait for the right time.

modestlearner

visitor
Reaction score
Should I stick with the dream I have with my company on my own or approach ______ to be my partner.

23 Changing lines 1 and 2
to

The reply from the Yi speaks more to the current snapshot of the break up with your partner and its immediate effects on the company. Based on your replies to my clarifying questions and a gut feeling:

"[There is a] SPLITTING APART. It does not further one to go anywhere." (23) There is something brewing in the ranks of the company that led to the current situation. (line 1) "Thus those above can ensure their position only by giving generously to those below." (23 image) To avoid misfortune, soldier on alone for the time being as help is not going to come from "above or below." (line 2). This will DECREASE the effects of the split in the immediate future. (41)

Right now, more than the dream of holding your company or approaching someone else to be the new partner, Yi seems to be shouting another priority--that is, Yi seems to say that there are some key issues related to the split you need to address first. Yi seems to indicate that there has been some side-taking related to the split among employees or key decision makers and/or that there is a need to gain support of your employees or other key players before determining whether to go it alone or to find a new partner.

There is an element here of things spinning out of control if one does not grab hold of the reigns and stay the course. This is why I was wondering whether this cast was more a snapshot of your fear; is this a reply that reflects an anxiety that you need to make a quick decision before things leave your hands?

The question of it being a privately held company related to understanding the hierarchy and how side-taking at the "lower ranks" may affect your position.

I am looking forward to looking at your other casts later.

Modest Learner.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).