...life can be translucent

Menu

The various translations

A

ann

As a Yi novice, I find the imagery of the 'straight' translations quite hard to interpret, so I often use a companion to help me. (And I've had a Hilary reading too, which is best of all!)

I use the Brian Browne Walker most, but often find it very negative - it always seems to be pointing to faults, but not a lot of help in how to deal with them .

An example is this morning. A friend of mine has been behaving progressively very strangely over the last year, to the extent that I feel apprehensive even to talk to this person, because even the most innocuous statement is rebuffed. I've noticed that they are doing the same to others, so it isn't just me. I don't know what's going on, and certainly with the way that they are behaving I can't ask. However I think that they may be very unhappy even though they seem to have everything that anyone could want. So I asked the I Ching "(Person's name) - what's going on here?'

I got 34.1 > 32

I think this is saying 'don't judge, just proceed very gently and with caution or you'll come a cropper'. Can anyone else throw a little light please - Browne Walker says my power is being directed by my ego, but actually all I feel is that I'm walking on eggshells whenever I'm near this person, with whom I am in almost daily contact.

Thank you

Ann

C

cheiron

This is an exploration of the time represented by the hexagram and some of its associated clusters ? not a ?reading?. Hopefully you will find something of use in it.

34 is paired with 33
The ?moment of 33' leads to the use of 34.

So Retreat opens the way for the time of ?Great Doing? or Vigorous Action.

So much so that solving problems by waging war successfully can be found in here!
But perhaps that was a better application in 1000 BC + rather than today ;)

The point is that this time does carry enormous strength and energy which can overwhelm the problem.

The Image (suggesting the wisest way of acting in this time) suggests putting strict boundaries down ? lay out the rules of what is OK and what is not OK. ? Then stick within them rigidly. This will necessitate you disentangling yourself from ?the past? from things that cloud your clarity.

Now the inner hexagram shows inner and outer world potentials. Here it is Chi?en the creative / action. This means that you have the inner potential for great creative / transformative action as well as the outer world being receptive of this. This underpins the idea of just how powerful this time is. A very strong connection to creative action energy here.

(Change operators are based on the first line transforming here):
The Change operators (not everyone hold with this idea) show where change can fruitfully take place in you and in the outer world to move through this time.

Inner world change operator here is our dear lady ?The Great Transforming Woman? of Hx. 44 ? She is also the small dark one who undermines the status quo - nagging doubts here? Address these uncertainties in you and let this woman into your inner world ? There is a transformation going on inside you ? let this new energy mingle with your old inner world energy ? the result will be something new and wonderful ? a changed and enhanced you!!!

Outer world ? The place where change can take place: Hx.43 Break up the obstacle! Decide and Split things. (Parting?) Decide on what is to be done and do it ? it will happen.

Using the idea of Mirror World (another less than common method)
There is a suggestion that a previous ?conjoining? or attraction is locking one in here, entangling one into this time. Also that what is antagonising things here is your commitment to making things
endure.

There is so much energy here ? it needs focusing or managing with care ? that is found in line 1:
Don?t do anything! ? Action now will split you off from this time ? It will put you into a situation where all you will be able to do is withdraw (33.6) ? Sit tight. Let things develop.

This hot spot of time/energy is seated in a greater matrix of time/energy/being: Hx.32
Something which will endure, will be constant and self renewing.

There is a seeming contradiction in all this action energy and the need to 'not act'. Could it be that that the obvious potential to act (holding this great enrgy) is in itself an action on the other or situation?

Could the key to this hexagram cluster be the inner transformation of 44?

Hope there is something which resonates in here.

--Kevin

A

ann

Kevin

Thank you very much for bothering to write so much. I do feel that the 'time for change' part is absolutely right as this person is driving me nuts, and has done so already again today. I simply don't feel inclined to put up with it anymore, so will probably disentangle by quietly doing things differently - a confrontation would not be right I feel.

Again, thank you for your interpretation, which I have printed and will return to and ponder.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).