...life can be translucent

Menu

How to justify a shortcoming

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Hello dear fellow seekers! :)

I have a couple of business projects which have dragged for long and I have not been able to finalize as yet. As I was expecting, the day of reckoning has come... and I have been asked to provide an explanation. So I have asked:
Dear Yi, please enlighten me on how to best handle this situation (i.e. how to justify the delay).
38.2,4 > 27

So, Opposition... I guess it describes well the situation. My superiors expect sound justifications (which I do not have - the delay has merely been due to the overlapping of many other tasks). Our points of view may "diverge widely" as Wilhelm says.

The two lines are not ominous though:

Nine in the second place means:
One meets his lord in a narrow street.
No blame.

Well, metaphorically the street I am in is very narrow, and I cannot avoid meeting the lord... WIlhelm talks about an informal meeting: maybe providing the update in a casual chat? Not sure I would have the opportunity, or feel comfortable... Perhaps provide a general explanation, without going too much into detail?

Nine in the fourth place means:
Isolated through opposition,
One meets a like-minded man
With whom one can associate in good faith.
Despite the danger, no blame.

So I may find an ally? Some translations refer to sincerity and truthfulness. An advice to be very honest in my justifications? This approach - which would reflect my natural inclination - may help maintain / reinstate trust despite the shortcomings. The consequences could anyway be dangerous...

Hex 27 is one I'm not very familiar with, but its judgment is striking:
Pay heed to the providing of nourishment
And to what a man seeks
To fill his own mouth with.

We fill our mouths with words... so I should watch what I say. Nourishment could also be interpreted as growth, prosperity: in this case it would sound like a warning for me to align my priorities to the ones my bosses care about - and these projects would be among them. Maybe it's an indication I should indeed finalize them...

After all this, I'm left wondering: what is the Yi trying to tell me (which I fail to understand :D)? Any insight will be greatly appreciated :bows:

S

sooo

It's kind of funny, but the Yi seems to favor meeting ones lord in narrow and/or dark places.

I would first surmise (if I got it and were in your shoes), that of those I present to, one will like me and the presentation. I might anticipate a brief 'arm around the shoulder' confidential discussion or words of advice. Making an ally of one could be enough to sponsor your future work.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks for your help Bruce.

See, I've been asked by one person only ("the lord" :rofl:) in writing, and now I'm expected to reply in writing as well - which I tend to prefer in uncomfortable situations like this one. Can the lord be the ally? There are co-workers who know about these projects, but I doubt they could support under the current circumstances.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Yi, please enlighten me on how to best handle this situation (i.e. how to justify the delay).
38.2.4 > 27

Aren't you being asked for a progress report? Opposition is the inversion of The Family. I understand it as a youth seeking friends outside the family, Through expansion of the family, the family's interests are advanced. And 27 as the obligation to nourish the elders in the family. So, what to feed the boss? Your activities have been in the best interests of your organization, as you say, "the delay has merely been due to the overlapping of many other tasks." List those tasks -- your boss may be unaware of the many things you do -- and report on progress made. And if you are going to need additional resources, now while you have the boss's attention would be the time to ask for them.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for your response Tom. You hit the nail on the head.

patro

visitor
Reaction score
How to justify a shortcoming 38.2.4>27
simply... you need to be sincere in reporting that there was an obstruction that now through the
bite that breaks... it can be removed. it was not wise to proceed in the past cause unexpected contrariety.

the project was also to ambitious for the time in which it was started.... but now it can be restart again and need resources. resources that now are not a waste.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Enlightening Patro. I had simply thought of the obstruction as related to the request for an explanation... whereas it fits perfectly as the explanation itself.

The sincerity part is done - though I'm sure there's more discussion to come on the subject. It will be the opportunity to talk resources, too.

I can never repeat enough how great the Yi is in igniting awareness and intuition... and how useful this forum is in increasing this power :hug:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).