...life can be translucent

Menu

How will I know when it is time to quit my job? > 59

firerabbit

visitor
Reaction score
Last night I posed the question "When will I know it is time to quit my job" and received Hexagram 59 unchanging.

How would you interpret that?

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Hello :)

Hexagram 59 is about feeling very contained, like you can't really get out of something. But this feeling of being contained isn't something that is being forced from the outside world onto you, it might actually be your own way of looking at the situation. You might not have the right perspective.

Don't hope for a distant future where all roads will come together. It is the illusion of perspective: when you walk towards it, the point recedes. Make your place here, where you are, and be aware of all these different roads, all opening possibilities. At least if you allow them to be open. That is why in your life right here you should create temples, where rational and restricted thoughts do not exist.

-Yijing

and from EIC

In hexagram 59 a gentle change can be used to soften any defense mechanism. Once a crack appears the influence strengthens by slipping through the crack and working from within. This form of release is far more subtle and long term than 37/40 and is associated with the obscuration of 55 where the abundance of the harvest can obscure things. It involves the concept of trust and penetrating defenses leading to the ability to clear things away - to dispel illusions. Contextually we combine articulation/standards (60) with establishing uniformity (07) to dispel illusions.

I think this might be saying that before you can move away from where you are, you must look at all the ways that are on offer to you.

It might also be indicating that your focus is too narrow- ie; that you are only looking at one direction ( the idea of containment)

The IC is very much about nowness, so when you ask 'when will it be time to...' it has a tendency to bring you back to the present situation. alot of the teachings of the IC is based around being here, now, and not planning the future.

We as humans have a belief that if we get to this point (for instance; a new job) this will lead us to the next point ( ie; happiness, wealth etc.)

The Yi is very much against these thought patterns, its about dealing with what actually exists around you at the present and not looking too far ahead.

I hope your not too dissapointed with my interpretation, i'm sure there are others with a different view of 59.

Good Luck !

Yx

Last edited:

firerabbit

visitor
Reaction score
Hmmm.

Thank you for your reply. I had to read it twice to fully digest it. It is odd how this reading totally went over my head at first. Live in the present; it seems too simple, but it makes much sense right now in my life.. or really, at any point in life :).

Yes, this has helped a lot. Thank you, Yx!

fr

patro

visitor
Reaction score
59 means that you are considering the situation with the wrong assumptions.
this is way you can't get or understand correctly the problem and situations.
you need to fix this kind of mystery at first.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).