...life can be translucent

Menu

20.1>42 young lad, great things??

stark tree

visitor
Reaction score
I am puzzled but the 1st line in hex 20.

I find it a fairly straightforward line in terms of its self explanatory tone and position, but what about the relating hex?

If the view we have in line one is the restricted point of view of a 'young lad' and the way of inferior people', how do we also 'accomplish great things', as with line 1 hex42?

I'm wondering if it means there's hidden potential in the situation, if we recognise that where we are is just the beginning, the surface, and if we put in the necessary work and be less superficial, we may attain a nobler view.

Or am i getting it completely wrong??

S

sooo

Hi Stark Tree,

I don't think you're getting it necessarily wrong, but it may help to connect the conditions for increase with level of contemplation. What would be increased through childlike contemplation? A childlike view? That doesn't sound so bad, in fact it's great, as far as it goes. If you want more than that, then you apply those principles which bring about increase.

Just before coming here, I threw 20.1,4-25. This thread made me chuckle because I was JUST thinking about the fan yao of lines 1 in 20 and 25, and 25 has quite a lot in common with 42, in that they're both conditional. But in a line 1 position, they are limited to their inexperience. It helps (increases one), to pop the bubble of self-absorbed thought.

stark tree

visitor
Reaction score
thank you sooo, very insightful. i guess i have to reflect more on how to increase my view, without losing the 'childlike' element, that would apply very neatly to a situation i'm going through at present.

thanks again!
s.t.

S

sooo

Thanks for your feedback, Stark Tree. I'm glad you could relate.

I just realized that what I referred to as a Fan Yao, wasn't. But those were the two lines I was comparing, nonetheless.

A similar situation is in 17, lines 2 and 3. I know at least some see line 2 as saying to lose the young one. I don't see it that way. Especially not when line 3 says that through following, one finds what they seek. Who follows and seeks? Is it the mature one of line 3, or the young one of line 2? It is the young who seeks and follows into maturity. One seems only a half without the other.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).