...life can be translucent

Menu

yes/no

cirka09

visitor
Reaction score
I can't remember the nam, but I've read a few posts in the past where yes/no questioons are answered using a method that relies on the time the question was asked and the hex received. I decided to test this so if I asked at approximately 415pm central standard US time (give or take a minute) if I would receive something today and got hex 55 unchanging as my answer, would that be interpreted as a yes or no?

Thanks

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
The "yes" or "no" method works in the following way.

The hexagram is divided into three two line sections.

A strong yes is

two yang lines.

A strong no answer is

____ _____
____ _____

two yin lines.

A weak yes is

a yang line over a yin.

A weak no is

______ ______

a yin over a yang line.

In this system, you do not use any moving lines and no subsequent hexagram.

So, for example, if you get

__ __
__ __
_____
_____
__ __
_____

Working from the bottom, the first two lines are a weak no. The second two lines are a strong yes. The top two lines are a strong no, two yin lines. Hence, two noes overcome the one yes, and the answer is no.

This system is problematical, although I have had some success with it at certain times. It takes a lot of the subtle nuances out of the Yijing, but if it works it works. Don't rely on it too much.

elias

visitor
Reaction score
At the risk of being rude...

If you want a yes/no answer, flip a coin. If you want to sort through a situation with the assistance of a wise and patient mentor, consult the I Ching.

cirka09

visitor
Reaction score
Well it seems to be accurate thus far. We'll see how it plays out.

white owl

visitor
Reaction score
Was your question? "Will I get a response to my question?" or along those lines? I remember getting 55 unchanging asking this one time..just curious.

cirka09

visitor
Reaction score
No, the question was whether or not I would receive a message I've been waiting for. Turns out I didn't. So I guess theoretically the system worked. But, then again, it was a 50/50 shot.

white owl

visitor
Reaction score
Okay I see, actually I felt that my Hex unchanging 55 was a yes. I hope you do get a response or receive what u need. :)

cirka09

visitor
Reaction score
I was thinking it would be a yes too, but according to to the method icastes posted... nope!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).