...life can be translucent

Menu

24: 2,3,6 taking a job

H

hebe

Hello,

I am a bit confused about taking a job which in theory ticks some of the boxes but when I asked about it it gave me 24:2,3 and the scary 6. Its a contract for a given period with a view to permanent - not what I would like to do long-term (back to live-in house-keeping) but it is only mon-fri and would give me weekends to do a 9 month one weekend a month course in London. It is probably quite a lonely job as its only a couple in a huge house and possibly quite formal, but when I am trying to get my life back on track it could be a part of the solution, a step. BUT the line 6 seems as if this would be a serious backward step - although the first line could be quite encouraging.

I do feel as if I am gripping hard here to find work and income and a path forward and so when something comes in like this I definitely feel that nervous energy of is this right? (certainly tie in with lines 2 and 3). Yesterday having read all the threads I felt to let it go, but then when I woke up this morning my logical side kicked in and I thought, am I just letting something go like the last job I inquired about? If i keep letting jobs go when i am so urgently needing them, how on earth am I going to survive?

Perhaps I am grasping at straws and still not allowing the process to unfold. Maybe I am continuing to bark up the wrong tree. It relates to 26 Major Restraint. Karcher describes it as focusing on a single idea and use that to impose a direction on your life, concentrate everything on this goal... well, the goal was to find a training that would allow me to get my foot in the door within the therapeutic world and this monthly course in London of reflexology which I have amazingly been given the funds for, was my goal.

(When I asked about the course I got 8 unchanging and the starting time in august 2011 was 23:5 which to me at last suggested some kind of turn-around as I had done a reading with Hilary a while ago and we saw that I was working through a period of 23 with most lines moving culminating in line 5 where she saw the beginning of a turn-around).

Any thoughts on this? there will be a path in the end that works, I know it - and maybe the journey is just a matter of letting go of the fear of getting it wrong and following what I feel in my heart is right - but I've lost my inner trusting and so keep returning to the I Ching to check it out and then become a bit dismayed when the answer is contrary to what i thought (actually that's not true Hebe, you were wary of it being too lonely, but thought that you could still build a life outside of the job and would have the training to focus on..) any thoughts?

Hilary advises strongly against line 6 (forest of mead example) but that is not in conjunction with the other moving lines which is what I would really like to clarify with your experience.

I would hate to think that after all this upheaval I could potentially put myself backwards with the wrong choice of action. Wing is pretty clear on this in his interpretation of line 6 and it would suggest that if I took this job all the work that I've been doing in these last few months on myself would be wasted
' You've missed the time to make a change for the better at the beginning of the recent cycle. This is unfortunate because you were quite capable of recognising the need for reform. Instead you have stubbornly locked yourself into a non constructive attitude. You must now wait out the entire cycle before you have another chance to change.' Pretty grim I'd say.

Love Hebe

thanks for any help with this, Hebe

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).