...life can be translucent

Menu

An old Friend 55.4 > 36

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
A few years ago i met a girl and we became fairly close but she kinda latched on because of my position musically in our group of friends, she would sing my lyrics back to me and at the time i was quite lonely and so we became friends. She introduced me to a bunch of nice people but I always had in the back of my mind that she was slightly envious of me. We didnt really bond on anything but music and little arguments would crop up, very childish arguments, and if i made a point she couldnt come back on she would mooch off and play her piano in some kinda strut.

She took it upon herself that she knew better then me, and alot of her attitude was generated from my input into the relationship too- at the time i had very low self esteem and anyone elses opinion was usually the right one to me. As a result this stange power struggle developed where she would give me advice, and tbh i think i liked that she thought she knew better then me, i let her think it, i didnt stand up for myself. She started to involve herself in my love life saying things like 'you cant do this and you cant do that' when my ex would tell her things that i was doing (none of them concerning her, and none of them very bad)

she became close with another girl and i became peripheral to her, which i didnt mind too much because it was all getting a little dogmatic.

the turning point was when she gave out to me like i was a little child in front of our larger group of friends and i walked off. when i texted her saying that that was inappropriate, she turned it on me saying 'you put me in that position'. this is a line i got from her alot and underneath it all, i knew i was in the right so i didnt bother trying to change her mind.

I didnt see her or speak to her for a very long time.

recently she has been turning up at gigs and i have not ignored her, ive been polite and walked away. thats the way i want to keep it, im not trying to perpetuate an ancient argument and im much more centered in myself to not really care.

Shes very much about status, for the last few years she has been seeing the son of a VERY famous irish musician...( i wont name drop,) and when i heard this i felt justified. she is a social climber and i dont want to have anything to do with that crap.

An hour ago i noticed that she had 'liked' one of my pieces on the internet. So I asked the Yi 'Whats the story with x?'

I received Hex 21 unchanging.

I then asked 'what does she want from me?'

55.4>36

Any thoughts would be very much appreciated

Yx

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
21 is legal - is your stuff prtotected? You soo need an agent if
your music on public domain???

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
i dont think its got anything to do with my music, i think hex 21 is about her wanting to clear the air maybe? But Im kinda dubious as to her motives to want to do that...

Oh! and not to worry, I have copyright on all of my tracks that are in the public domain...Thanks Hopex :)

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
55 is abundance but line 4 says we are in a frustrating time
and must wait for an equal to help us push through to the
light.

36 advises keeping a low profile to avoid injury - does this
mean subtly pulling away from this girl at this time and
keeping your light under a bushel til more propitious time?

Maybe Trojan can step in here as re your job hunt post there's
a way to proceed vocationally emerging here

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
36 advises keeping a low profile to avoid injury - does this
mean subtly pulling away from this girl at this time and
keeping your light under a bushel til more propitious time?

yes i think so...i have a feeling its not really me she wants to make up with...more to be seen in the larger group as not holding grudges...

In any case i'm not missing her company, and i sincerely doubt she is genuinely missing mine...she has a tonne of friends so its not that she's lonely or anyhting..

I plan to be completely civilised in her company, small talk and the like- but thats as far as its going to go in my book..

Yx

white owl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Yxeli,

I think she is afraid that you might gossip stuff about her, about somethings only you know or a small portion of people know..very much so, cause she worries alot about herself & her social status. This is what I am picking up from your reading. I think she wants to be your friend again for that sake, so u wont leak info. I am sure thats fine on a tolerable level (just to keep the peace.) I wouldnt let her try to dominate you again tho, she does it for show & popularity. I feel that she is self-centered & only cares about her image. I am sorry to be so blunt, people like that really piss me off. I have had a few female friends in my twenties like that & if I saw them now I would....(your thread brought back some memories) chill time now. I always love the proverb "better to eat a plate of vegetables where there is love, than a fattened calf where there is hatred" also another good one is, "You are lucky if you can count your friends on one hand"..because sincere friendship is hard to find in a world of masks.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).