...life can be translucent

Menu

33 to 43 - Moving Kittens

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
I moved my 2 kittens to the kennel on the terrace because it's becoming difficult to clean up after them inside the house. I'm a bit worried about birds attacking them so I asked the Yi what it thinks about the idea of moving them and got 33 lines 1,2 and 6 moving to 43. I believe that if 3 lines are moving (according to Fu Hsi) one should check the statements for both hexagrams and the changed hex is the outcome. Any suggestions? The kittens are about 1 and half months old.

Thank you!

icastes

visitor
Reaction score
It is a sorry situation overall, including the fact that you find it difficult to care for the kittens indoors. To me, both hexagrams seem to indicate that you are not adequate to the task of caring for these animals, and perhaps you ought to consider finding them a more advantageous home.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I moved my 2 kittens to the kennel on the terrace because it's becoming difficult to clean up after them inside the house. I'm a bit worried about birds attacking them so I asked the Yi what it thinks about the idea of moving them and got 33 lines 1,2 and 6 moving to 43. I believe that if 3 lines are moving (according to Fu Hsi) one should check the statements for both hexagrams and the changed hex is the outcome. Any suggestions? The kittens are about 1 and half months old.

Thank you!

Its rare for me to agree with Icastes but i do here. This isn't a good idea IMO, it shows kittens needing protection. They must be tiny at 6 weeks old so they can't be too hard to clear up after can they ? If you keep them enclosed within an area of the home at least they won't poop everywhere plus i think they tend to get house trained pretty early don't they..instinctively looking for gravel etc to use. If you can't cope with tiny kittens inside your house are you ready to have them at all ? maybe you need to make a decision about that (43)

No point in applying someone elses rules about what to do with lines... unless you have used them, explored them and found they work for you. Theres no especial reason to think that 3 moving lines means the relating hexagram is the outcome.

43 shows a need to make a decision, it represents the question here and as 33 is about alittle pig retreating to safety that can easily be translated to little kitten. All I know is this answer doesn't say to me 'yes put the kittens outside in a vulnerable position' Does it say that to you ? How do you see the 33

Last edited:

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you both!

Well these are kittens I rescued about a month ago - someone had abandoned them in the rain. Two died because they were already weak and ill, but I'm glad they died cared for and two have survived and are fine. I do take good care of them. Good food and all the required meds and they were in this guestroom until now. But they not only poop in the litter box I provided, but also in difficult to reach spaces which makes cleaning the poop pretty difficult. Plus I have 3 dogs. Anyway, they've got used to them. I intend to find the kittens homes, not send them off to a shelter where they'll probably kill them as I'm told unless someone picks them up.

They're inside and outside the house - whatever they like until evening when I close the terrace door to keep mosquitoes out. They have a nice kennel with soft new rug etc. Their "retreat" maybe? They certainly like the place. If you read the most important middle line (according to this which forum), the Yi suggests making a firm but friendly decision - perhaps to keep them outside? I'm not sure, which is why I asked. I'll try and find them a home once they're a little bigger as a vet suggested. The important question: does the Yi point to any sort of danger for them? And by the way, I work from home so I'm mostly at home with them.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you both!

Well these are kittens I rescued about a month ago - someone had abandoned them in the rain. Two died because they were already weak and ill, but I'm glad they died cared for and two have survived and are fine. I do take good care of them. Good food and all the required meds and they were in this guestroom until now. But they not only poop in the litter box I provided, but also in difficult to reach spaces which makes cleaning the poop pretty difficult. Plus I have 3 dogs. Anyway, they've got used to them. I intend to find the kittens homes, not send them off to a shelter where they'll probably kill them as I'm told unless someone picks them up.

They're inside and outside the house - whatever they like until evening when I close the terrace door to keep mosquitoes out. They have a nice kennel with soft new rug etc. Their "retreat" maybe? They certainly like the place. If you read the most important middle line (according to this which forum), the Yi suggests making a firm but friendly decision - perhaps to keep them outside? I'm not sure, which is why I asked. I'll try and find them a home once they're a little bigger as a vet suggested. The important question: does the Yi point to any sort of danger for them? And by the way, I work from home so I'm mostly at home with them.

I think this is a question you need to get more from yourself than Yi. Does there appear to be danger ? You are asking as if its mysteriously pre ordained whether there will be danger or not whereas I think this is more a matter of judgment and common sense....I mean I think you have to rely on your own resources here

The fact that you ask at all, then take the trouble to post it here, suggests to me you do not have a great deal of confidence in them being okay outside ?

If the retreat were them going outside, their retreat as you suggest, then what danger would they be escaping from inside ? Theres always something to get away from in 33 which suggests some kind of threat.

However we don't know your living arrangements, you do...its your decision, not one probably to settle through others. if you are this unsure over pretty much a survival issue then don't you need to think through in a practical way what dangers they might face if they go outside. Surely its predictable what kind of danger they may face outside...you know the area, the possibilties.

I can't see 33 >43 as 'yes expose the kittens to some danger', but you are the only one who can figure what the dangers even are and if you want to risk it

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I asked the Yi what it thinks about the idea of moving them.
33 lines 1,2 and 6 moving to 43

Bradford translates hexagram 33 as 'Distancing'. You are beginning the process of distancing yourself from the kittens with the intention of giving them up.

Six at the beginning means:
At the tail in retreat. This is dangerous.
One must not wish to undertake anything.

The kittens are vulnerable because of youth.

Six in the second place means:
He holds him fast with yellow oxhide.
No one can tear him loose.

You migh run yellow cords above the terrace to discourage attacks by birds of prey.

Nine at the top means:
Cheerful retreat. Everything serves to further.

This is auspicious that movement to the terrace turns out well. As for hexagram 43, will the kittens on the terrace be on display for adoption? Maybe a sign.

AnitaS

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks a ton Pocossin! Amazing about the yellow cords - I had no idea and the Yi refers to this. Wow! I've provided my kitties with a clean pile of sand on the terrace and during the day even with access to the indoors, they prefer to bask on the terrace. No birds of prey about anyway. I may even keep them. They're so terribly endearing. Thank you too Trojan. No danger here.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).