...life can be translucent

Menu

Meeting one's lord in a narrow street...

cris

visitor
Reaction score
A week ago, I felt like asking the Yi a general question about what there was for me to know. The answer was 38.2 > 21.

One meets his lord in a narrow street.
No blame.

I recently got the same line, together with another one, in response to a specific question. In this case I honestly fail to grasp the Yi's message. Anyone care to help me understand?

:bows:

S

sooo

It's my impression that meeting ones lord or ruler (in the Yi) always seems to occur in a secret, dark and/or secluded area, such as 38.2 and 55.1. If you want to speak in confidentiality to a master, it's unlikely to find him and listen to his or her council at a crowded disco. More than likely, you won't wish to shout your opposing ideas or private conundrums out loud for just anyone to hear and judge you by. You're going to want a quiet place where you can confide with confidence. Christian speak refers to "a closet of prayer", as it's a private matter between the believer and their Lord. Buddhist meditation generally seeks a quiet place 'sit', in a sense being alone with their inner master. Also, during a time of opposition or overload, you're generally going to seek a quiet place to work out your thoughts clearly, without interference, interruptions, prying ears and spying eyes.

Tohpol

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I've also got this line as a confirmation of an insight or "Eureka" moment. Sometimes, the Yi says: Riiight. now you've got it. It's like in amongst all the trials, tribulations and confusions of the monkey mind you can sometimes hit on an insight (The Master) which will propell you to greater understanding, often in tricky situations.

So, the Master can even appear as inspired thoughts that emerge from the shadows...

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Make friends outside your usual group. Meet new people.

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I have had the line in reationship at the time i took it in a literal sense that i was going to actaully run ito this person but it was in fact when I realised who this person really was and that they were not coming back and nor was it a good idea
I think its like a line of soul searching and yes the answer will come, when i recieved the line I hadnt actually reached the moment i was still in the process

Steve

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks all for your insights.

Very interesting clue, Tom. I received 17.1 a couple of months ago:
To go out of the door in company
Produces deeds.

And yes, Steve, I certainly am still in the process. Have metaphorically been on a narrow lane for years now, and the master is in no sight as yet... Let's hope this is one of those "a-ha" answers which comes clear in retrospect...

steve

visitor
Reaction score
I think what sooo and topal were saying also makes alot of sense as its pretty much what happened to me buts its possible i think could be literal as well like for example if wou were away from your partner or something and recieved it.

Its an interesting line

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
In an alley? And the line doesn't speak of meeting friends, but meeting a leader, master or lord.

"Make friends." Hexagram 38 as I understand it refers to expanding one's circle of friends. In hexagram 37 the subject in within the family, in 38 beyond it. Cris is a woman. At considerable sacrifice she has improved her appearance. She wishes to meet Mr. Right face-to-face, yes? I think her casting is auspicious for that outcome. I apologize to Cris if I have been too explicit.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
No apologies needed, Tom. I do appreciate you making the effort to read between the lines. And to answer in between them, too!

Honestly, I did not have my love life on my mind when asking this question. It was really intended as an open door to the Yi to tell me anything I may need to know. I really hope the line is auspicious for me to meet my lord as in receive enlightenment. I could really use some.

However, if Mr Right winds up in the narrow alley, I'll try not to turn him down :)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).