...life can be translucent

Menu

Hexagram 63 in response to career question

brassfeather

visitor
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

I'll start by saying that, as a senior in college, I'm looking ahead to a busy school year. I wasn't planning on working, except possibly on freelance work (as an artist), but yesterday a psychic told me that she saw me assisting a teacher. At the end of the reading, she suddenly mentioned a man's name.

Well, I ended up getting an email earlier today from a teacher by the name she had told me, looking for an assistant.

I asked I Ching whether I should pursue this opportunity, because on the one hand, it seems to be fated...but on the other hand, I know it will be a lot of work and I've never been that interested in this kind of work before.

I ended up with an unchanging hexagram 63, but I'm having a hard time understanding what it's telling me. Can anyone help?

(One last thought...the freelance work I mentioned before is already a big step for me career-wise and I wonder if that's relevant to my reading).

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
It is an opportunity. But it does not seem like a golden opportunity to me. With hex 63 unchanging, there is no doubt that there will be alot of hard work and getting things completed.

The warning here is, things will go very well in the beginning and may turn into a disaster if you relax and let things go.

Perhaps, you should ask Yi, What is the consequence/s if you do not pursue this opportunity?

T

brassfeather

visitor
Reaction score
Well, I had pretty much come to the conclusion that I wouldn't pursue it. Then I read your reply and took your advice in asking about the consequences of passing it up. I got 29 unchanging...I think that means I should take the opportunity. I shouldn't let fear of the unknown stop me.

The warning in hex 63 was probably referring to what may happen at finals time when I have to juggle this commitment with my all my other work.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Had hex 63 been my casting, I would have interpreted it as: what was predicted (the unexpected offer) has happened already, the opportunity is in front of you, what else is there to know?

By the way, the image of hex 29 says

Thus the superior man walks in lasting virtue
And carries on the business of teaching

which to me, regardless of the fact that you were asking about not pursuing this opportunity, is another clear indication that you should accept.

Just my two cents...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).