...life can be translucent

Menu

23 unchanging

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all!

I bought myself a new bed. I'm very happy with it. But now I"m stuck with my old bed.
I placed some free ads and I received an offer on it, far below the price I had in my head for it.

I now have three options.
1: I accept the offer and get the space back the bed is taking now.
2: I wait for a better offer.
3: I give it away for charity.

I asked the IC: "What should I do with the bed?"

It answered 23 unchanging.
Splitting apart.
Now I'm still unsure what to do.
Does that mean I should split apart from the bed and accept the offer?

Or does that mean I should not do anything and wait and see what happens?
But when I read Lise page, it says: The great image says:
The mountain is attached to the earth, Stripping. The high ones make their house peaceful by generosity to the low ones.

Should I give it to charity?
Ahhhh now I still don't know what to do :duh:

cris

visitor
Reaction score
I think the Yi has given you a very clear message!

Thus those above can ensure their position
Only by giving generously to those below.

Give it away for free. Won't be a big loss anyway since the offer you received is limited. You will get rid of it (23) and make someone happy.

S

sooo

I like Cris' interpretation. But I also ask whether Mazaru can't be considered as one who is below too, possibly in his bank account after buying the new bed.

I'd go the route which would give the most rest to you, whichever transaction would be simplest and require the least effort, such as someone picking it up with a truck and a friend to help load it, who gets it for free, might be worth more to you than someone who gives you $20, but comes alone in a car, and you have to help them carry it out, tie it safely to their car roof, etc.

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
I love that the naswer was 23 with so many lines talking about stripping the bed, there is no harvest in going anywhere.

I'd just get rid of it.

I once put a queen size bed frame out on the curb, pine, almost new, and I stood in my window and watch a man come by a pick it up, he packed the whole thing into the boot of a datsun tied down with rope and he had the biggest smile on his face the whole time!

it seems like
1: I accept the offer and get the space back the bed is taking now.
is what you have thought about doing the most, just thinking that because its the only reason you qualified with a benefit.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
If you already had an offer on it why would you give it to charity :confused: unless you don't need the money ?

In my street everyone puts out on the street what they don't want and its taken. I've got quite alot of furniture that way.

I always find if you give away what you don't need you easily get given what you do need..so yes i'd give it away...but if you already had the offer of some money why not take it ?

theres synchronicity here since whilst i was reading your post i was on the phone trying to buy a therapy bed/couch from someone

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I'd just get rid of it.

I once put a queen size bed frame out on the curb, pine, almost new, and I stood in my window and watch a man come by a pick it up, he packed the whole thing into the boot of a datsun tied down with rope and he had the biggest smile on his face the whole time!

yes its quite a joyful experience to find on the street what you really need...seems like a gift. One time a relative really wanted a cd and tape player and i couldn't afford to get her one....then I found a perfectly good one on the street that someone had put out to be taken..she was delighted with it. Its a great system and its fun too to walk down the street as you never know what you might find :D

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I guess one person 23 is another persons 16 ? :D

when giving generously to those below its good to see how you have delighted those below lol

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you all very much for your insight. I'm leaning to giving it to charity at the moment.

I could buy the new bed because of some bad luck cq good luck ;)
I had a terrible leakage in my bedroom because of a leaking pipeline. After somebody fixed the leakage, I fixed the room myself. I gave it new wallpaper, new paint, made the cealing white again and put in new carpet myself.
The ensurance payed me for that work and the materials I used, that's why I could buy myself a new bed.

So, even though I could use the money, I don't need it to get round. I can still buy my food and pay for the rent without it.

And I like the feeling I get when I make somebody happy. If I give it to the salvation army, they will come and pick it up and give it to somebody that has no bed.

I also know of some Polish people that live in a small appartment close by. They live with 6 people in a three bedroom appartment. And they all sleep with matrasses on the floor.
I would love to give it to them, but I don't know these people and I don't even know if they speak Dutch.
Wouldn't it be weird to just ring the doorbell and ask them if they want a bed?

cris

visitor
Reaction score
I also know of some Polish people that live in a small appartment close by. They live with 6 people in a three bedroom appartment. And they all sleep with matrasses on the floor.
I would love to give it to them, but I don't know these people and I don't even know if they speak Dutch.
Wouldn't it be weird to just ring the doorbell and ask them if they want a bed?

Maybe it would, however it sounds like a lovely thought. Why don't you give it a try?

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
Maybe it would, however it sounds like a lovely thought. Why don't you give it a try?

If I can find the courage, I will do that.
But I'm scared to offend them.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
You can always say you are offering it to all neighbours... in fact, if showing up at their door makes you feel awkward, how about sticking a written offer (in English too :)) on the street round the apartment's area, or on the condo's entrance, with your mobile phone as a contact? Just a random suggestion.

mazaru

visitor
Reaction score
You can always say you are offering it to all neighbours... in fact, if showing up at their door makes you feel awkward, how about sticking a written offer (in English too :)) on the street round the apartment's area, or on the condo's entrance, with your mobile phone as a contact? Just a random suggestion.

That's a good idea!
Thank you :)

tifa

visitor
Reaction score
If this is not too late,

Hex 23 unchanging- your intention is to get rid of it. So, just go ahead and do as you please. Charity or neighbours... or streets, someone will be thankful for it.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).