...life can be translucent

Menu

Continuity

S

sooo

Just last night, while up for the usual two hour wake break, I was thinking, I have only two payments (1 1/2 actually) left for my prepaid cremation and ashes scattered at sea arrangements, and that led to wondering if there will be any kind of consciousness remaining from me in those ashes, as they become one with the sea: perhaps in the Yin sense.

About what is left of my life on earth, I yesterday asked, and received 42.2-61. I asked, what is there left to physically do? (which is what I really wanted to know!) and received 2.2,3-32.

If seen as one reading, it makes a good story: the two prior readings, leading up to the extended thought process which followed. The integration of thoughts and readings as one continuous mental thread.

I offer this to anyone interested: If you ask repeated questions about the same thing, continuity can avoid the kind of confusion that easily occurs when there is lack of it in your questioning. If questions hop around independently, there won't be an understandable order to your answers, hence no story. A cone or funnel shaped line of questioning creates that continuity, from general to specific, leading to a narrowed down answer. For me, that answer is to keep on keepin' on. So simple.

Last edited:

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
yeah, like taking off layers on an onion, you get to the core... but all the layers are still onion, just as oniony as the core layers, and can be caramelised with balsamic vinegar, accompanied by creamy mash potatoe.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I have CHF too and have also prepaid cremation, but we are likely to outlive many who are younger and seemingly in better health. If the first question is about quantity, 42 suggests you will have more than you expect, and 2 for the second question, that there is opportunity for service for which you will be remembered. Maybe you have yet to make your big splash.

S

sooo

I have CHF too and have also prepaid cremation, but we are likely to outlive many who are younger and seemingly in better health. If the first question is about quantity, 42 suggests you will have more than you expect, and 2 for the second question, that there is opportunity for service for which you will be remembered. Maybe you have yet to make your big splash.

Thanks for your thoughtful response, Tom. I was asking about quality more than quantity, and about the inner life, to which the answer of 42,which I view as being highly conditional: "If he sees good, he imitates it; If he has faults, he rids himself of them," is an option and an action, not a given nor a prediction. This puts responsibility for increase squarely on my shoulders, though a little unexpected good fortune is always welcomed! But what I really wanted to get at (the core of the onion ;)) was how to physically spend what time is left on this planet, be it however long or short. I thought the answer to this question was well reflected in the physical nature of earth, and that there's no need or use in trying too hard to do anything, it happens on its own by its own nature, and the main (relating/changing) answer is to simply hang in there and endure, and remain firm in my direction. chuckles, I am highly doubtful of any big splash forthcoming. My big splash days are past. Now its more like a meandering brook, carving its narrow niche to the ocean or lake.

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know about the availability of these prepaid arrangements. I too would love to spare anyone the unpleasant task of taking care of the disposal of my body. At whatever age, pre-planning is always good. In my country cremation is getting more and more common but still, as far as I know, there's an incredible amount of red tape associated to it and a number of constraints (including legislative gaps) around ashes scattering. I will look into this more closely.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
My big splash days are past. Now its more like a meandering brook, carving its narrow niche to the ocean or lake.

In a dry land a meandering brook is a great treasure.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you for letting me know about the availability of these prepaid arrangements. I too would love to spare anyone the unpleasant task of taking care of the disposal of my body. At whatever age, pre-planning is always good.

In addition to prepaid arrangements, you should also have a living will, a will, and designate power of attorney. Living wills are free from hospitals (just fill in the form), but you may need two witnesses with you when you go to file the form. I added in handwriting to my living will that I did not want to be resuscitated if I would be unable to read or write. For the will and power of attorney, before seeing a lawyer sort out who gets what: personal property (household goods, car, clothes, jewelry) , money (bank accounts, funds, stocks), and real estate. A simple will is inexpensive and can save your survivors much grief.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I too would love to spare anyone the unpleasant task of taking care of the disposal of my body. .

I feel the same, yet it makes me sad that such rituals have lost their initial meaning.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).