...life can be translucent

Menu

Is Yi fear-mongering? Or what?

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked Yi the question,"What say you about me feeding the white-bibbed cat like I did tonight?" The response was 21.1.4.6 changing to 2.

‘Shoes locked in the stocks, feet disappear.
Not a mistake.’

‘Biting into dried, bony meat,
Gains a metal arrow.
Constancy in hardship bears fruit.
Good fortune.’

‘Why wear a cangue so your ears disappear?
Pitfall.’

I really don't understand that reading at all, except I guess it could have something to do with feeding or eating - but I really don't get 21.6. I don't know what it's saying. I don't know why it's there. All I know is that it's alarming.

I asked a follow-up question, the gist of which was (in more impolite language), What is wrong? Why did you give me 21.6?

The response was 6.5 changing to 64. I don't see how that addresses the question at all.

I'm tempted to see this as Yi fear-mongering - tossing out alarming readings and then refusing to identify the problem.

This is not the first time I've thought this has happened, and I'm getting tired of it, which is why I'm posting this, to see if anyone has any other ideas as to what is going on. Maybe I'm just missing something.

(Some background: My neighbor and I take care of some outside cats - food and water, boxes with straw, spaying, neutering, flea medicine, etc. for the ones who'll allow themselves to be caught. A couple nights ago this new cat appeared at the edge of the trees. I put a little pile of food over there, and after I left he came and ate it. I did the same thing tonight. Then I did the reading. It was just a general inquiry, to see if there's any reason I shouldn't put the food there for the cat.)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Um...well, that took me by surprise. A compulsion? One thing I'm wondering is how you got that out of 21.1.4.6 > 2 (it's not hex 44) - ?

I guess I really can't say for sure that it's not a compulsion, although I don't think of it that way (I guess that's not surprising, right? Of course I think I'm doing it because they need things, because I don't want them to starve/freeze/be hurt, because I enjoy the company of the ones who eventually come running to have their tummies petted :), etc...)

elias

visitor
Reaction score
Why are you asking about such trivial things? If you feel gratified by feeding stray cats, by all means do so. (Five of my six were strays; three of these were from a family of strays we fed for several generations. I am quite familiar with the issue.)

The Yi does not suffer fools gladly. If Pocossin's replies have not touched on the issue, perhaps you are getting nonsensical answers in response to nonsensical questions.

S

sooo

Lisa,

29 is a habitual compulsion, but I can see where Tom's coming from with feeling trapped or obligated to care for creatures who appear to need your help. Actually, feral cats fare for themselves very well without human handouts, if they have the ability to hunt, to bite through obstructions, but they are not above receiving your free handouts. They are more than receptive to receive them (2).

I see 21 in this case as biting through the obstacle to the idea that because you feed stray cats, the Yi or Universe has a karmic duty to feed you (entitlement) in the same way, and I think the Yi is saying it doesn't work exactly that way. First, if you wish to to be fed, you too must be as open to chew through to the intended meaning, as the cats are willing to open up to the food you offer to them. Yi did offer food to you, you just have to bite and chew your way through to the meaning and past your mental obstruction.

At first (line 1), Yi offers an answer, to which you think and/or feel is binding you though fear mongering. That should be only a minor obstruction.

Line 4, you find that's it's not so easy to understand, that it requires some thought and understanding. The answer (metal arrow or arrowhead) isn't as easy as you think it should be to reach, but the reward is there and worth it if you can bite through the grizzle, the tougher stuff.

Line 6, illustrates a refusal to accept Yi's answer, as though your ears are closed off to it. If you can't or won't hear Yi's answer, there's no satisfaction of being fed, only resentment and suspicion. What would you do if the cats refused your attention and attempt to feed them? Close your door to them, probably.

However, there is hope that your conflict over this matter may yet be resolved through understanding (6.5). The door is still open (64), and though there may be no milk in the bowl, nor an affectionate, feel good scratching behind your ears, you have been given food to chew on and through to get to your answer. You just have to open up to receive it (2).

Bon appetite, or not. Up to you.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Could this be a case of skipping ahead and implying something?

Sooo,

That might all make sense if it hadn't been the first reading on the subject. In other words, I ask a question, Yi gives a substantive answer, I don't accept it, and then it gives me 21.6. That's not what happened here.

[Edited to add] Or - this just occurred to me - could Yi maybe be implying the first part by skipping right to the second part? Or something like that?

I remember wondering about that once before, whether Yi skips ahead, sort of, and the skipped part is then implied. Although then how do you pick that out, and distinguish it from cases where that's not what's happening?

Last edited:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I asked Yi the question,"What say you about me feeding the white-bibbed cat like I did tonight?" The response was 21.1.4.6 changing to 2.

‘Shoes locked in the stocks, feet disappear.
Not a mistake.’

‘Biting into dried, bony meat,
Gains a metal arrow.
Constancy in hardship bears fruit.
Good fortune.’

‘Why wear a cangue so your ears disappear?
Pitfall.’

I really don't understand that reading at all, except I guess it could have something to do with feeding or eating - but I really don't get 21.6. I don't know what it's saying. I don't know why it's there. All I know is that it's alarming.

I asked a follow-up question, the gist of which was (in more impolite language), What is wrong? Why did you give me 21.6?

The response was 6.5 changing to 64. I don't see how that addresses the question at all.

I'm tempted to see this as Yi fear-mongering - tossing out alarming readings and then refusing to identify the problem.

This is not the first time I've thought this has happened, and I'm getting tired of it, which is why I'm posting this, to see if anyone has any other ideas as to what is going on. Maybe I'm just missing something.

(Some background: My neighbor and I take care of some outside cats - food and water, boxes with straw, spaying, neutering, flea medicine, etc. for the ones who'll allow themselves to be caught. A couple nights ago this new cat appeared at the edge of the trees. I put a little pile of food over there, and after I left he came and ate it. I did the same thing tonight. Then I did the reading. It was just a general inquiry, to see if there's any reason I shouldn't put the food there for the cat.)

21 is about using processes of law, judgement, discrimination about whats fair and whats not fair. 21 insists on getting to the truth. 21 is not lets all pretend everything is okay and fine just as it is...its 'hey theres a problem here, maybe injustice...we have to face it, uncover it, deal with it like teeth biting through meat.

So you asked Yi what it thought about you feeding the cat ......May I ask why you asked that...is there some problem or reason you shouldn't feed the cat ? or did you want Yi to give approval ? Ooops okay I just read your last paragraph and this is the case you are asking if you shouldn't have for any reason.

Lines 1 and 6 move here so looks like a problem dealt with in one go. The whole of 21 is contained here. In 2 it is how it is

Clearly there is nothing intrinsically alarming about feeding a cat....and Yis answer is not alarming you are just failing to scale your answer to your problem. Yis answers are full of dramatic imagery....which can apply to the most trivial situation to the most grave.

If it is a trivial matter we ask about, say a haircut we don't like for example, and we ask should we go back to the salon and demand recompense or a new cut and we get 38.3 we know whatever happens dire consequences cannot happen...becasue it isn't a dire situation :D it can never be a dire situation even if we received 29.6 about it it cannot be a dire situation.

So in haircut terms 29.6 I'd read as "hey you have to live with this haircut and maybe take care to think more about which salon you use in future"....or 38.3 " yes it was a crap cut but you may get to like it after you washed it and styled it a few times" If someone got alarmed about 29.6 after their haircut question it would be foolish to blame Yi for being alarmist since they forgot to scale the answer to the size and gravity of the question. I mean noone get thrown into a pit of thorns because of a bad haircut. And noone goes to prison or wears a cangue for being kind to cats !! :D

Now your question isn't that trivial...cats are sentient beings afterall. All 21.6 shows is that theres something you won't hear about the situation...but personally I wouldn't put too much weight on 21.6 here becasue you have both lines 1 and 6 moving I think its a self contained situation. Could be the cat doesn't come back so its not an issue. Could be it has an owner who would prefer you didn't feed it ? I don't know to be honest, all I'm addressing here is your idea that Yi is alarmist when its your own scale of perspective you need to adjust. The I Ching lines are already there written as they are in symbols its up to us to use our intelligence to apply those symbols realistically to our question. Your answer could be merely reflecting the thought processes you are going through here...as in 'am i doing the right thing'

I'd never recommend asking yi why it gave you an answer...so you got 6.5 IMO becasue you were contending with Yi itself. You whole post is a contention with Yi...but Yi says "good fortune in contention" so your process of contention with Yi is obviously a good thing here.

re feeding the cat I think with this answer I'd hang back a bit or make a few enquiries about the cat to make sure its okay for you to feed it...but I wouldn't be alarmed !!!

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
And Elias, I don't know you, and I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt to a good cat person as you apparently are, but you don't know anything about me and my life. If I ask what seem to be silly questions out of anxiety or paranoia or something that makes no sense to you, telling me it's silly doesn't help anything. We're all "foolish" in our own ways, right?

And it's not like Yi has limited time or something. If it really is telling me I'm trapped in a cat-feeding compulsion, then fine. Then my next steps should be to ask how to extricate myself from the compulsion - which obviously can't be to just stop feeding cats we've fed for a year and remove their boxes, poof.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Why are you asking about such trivial things? If you feel gratified by feeding stray cats, by all means do so. (Five of my six were strays; three of these were from a family of strays we fed for several generations. I am quite familiar with the issue.)

The Yi does not suffer fools gladly. If Pocossin's replies have not touched on the issue, perhaps you are getting nonsensical answers in response to nonsensical questions.

:confused: thats a bit OTT isn't it. I mean you can't say this person is a fool for asking if theres any reason not to feed a cat. I don't think so anyway.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score

hex 2 might be the situation. 2 as mother and your habit to "mothering" cats. Maybe something inside you wonders why you do that but there are obstructions that prevent you from hearing it.

"why you ask ?" is what I read between the lines of Yi answers

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi lisa!

I agree with Trojan on most parts
Sometimes questions are asked just to have something to bite thru or solve cause that gives a sense of purpose and an outlet about other anxieties (when I went thru a stressful time I would wake up and realize I was clutching my teeth in my sleep :eek:)

I think Yi was telling you to lighten up and don't go too purposefully trying to bite through something non-existent ;)

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Trojan,

Thank you. I forgot all about the scale aspect - and even if I had remembered it, I wouldn't have known how to apply it here. What you're saying makes a lot of sense, and thank you for the examples.

See, it's very easy for me to imagine catastrophes if there could even possibly be one. So in this case, when Yi answered an "any problem here?" question by saying that I wasn't hearing something (21.6), I envisioned the following: Since the pile of food was near parked cars and a line of trees, would the cat get run over or attacked by raccoons drawn by uneaten food? Etc.

[The fact that I was putting food in a weird spot (because the cat wouldn't come any closer to a sensible spot) is kind of why I was asking the question in the first place.]

If there really is nothing wrong, though, I wish Yi would just say there's nothing wrong! Yi should know I'm easily alarmed, and therefore shouldn't bait me, darn it!

"you have both lines 1 and 6 moving I think its a self contained situation."

That reminded me of something I think I read somewhere here, that when lines 1 and 6 are moving it's often something that will be resolved quickly - self-contained, as you said. Maybe in this case it meant that I put the food out, the cat will eat the food, end of story, nothing more to it. Right?

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Anemos:
I didn't think of the "mothering" aspect of hex 2. I just thought of "receptivity," and thought Yi was telling me to be "receptive" to an answer I didn't think I'd gotten (akin to 21.6's "you're not listening.") Thanks.

(Edited to add: You're right, I do have to admit there are times when I wonder why I'm doing this, and what will happen long-term. But that's another subject! One day at a time! :) )

Rodaki:
"I think Yi was telling you to lighten up and don't go too purposefully trying to bite through something non-existent "

Good points, and thank you. Yes I do ask questions for reassurance!! Maybe I should have paid more attention to the "not a mistake" and "good fortune" conclusions to lines 1 and 4, instead of getting so fixated on the eek-inducing 21.6. And I hope you don't have to clench your teeth anymore!

Thanks everybody!

Last edited:

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Lisa, how would you interpreted your 21>2 reading now that became clear to you ?

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Trojan,

Thank you. I forgot all about the scale aspect - and even if I had remembered it, I wouldn't have known how to apply it here. What you're saying makes a lot of sense, and thank you for the examples.

See, it's very easy for me to imagine catastrophes if there could even possibly be one. So in this case, when Yi answered an "any problem here?" question by saying that I wasn't hearing something (21.6), I envisioned the following: Since the pile of food was near parked cars and a line of trees, would the cat get run over or attacked by raccoons drawn by uneaten food? Etc.

[The fact that I was putting food in a weird spot (because the cat wouldn't come any closer to a sensible spot) is kind of why I was asking the question in the first place.]

If there really is nothing wrong, though, I wish Yi would just say there's nothing wrong! Yi should know I'm easily alarmed, and therefore shouldn't bait me, darn it!

"you have both lines 1 and 6 moving I think its a self contained situation."

That reminded me of something I think I read somewhere here, that when lines 1 and 6 are moving it's often something that will be resolved quickly - self-contained, as you said. Maybe in this case it meant that I put the food out, the cat will eat the food, end of story, nothing more to it. Right?

I didn't say there was nothing wrong in the situation...because the reading isn't saying that...but the scale of whats wrong may be nothing to get unduly alarmed about.

Now you reveal you put the food in a dangerous spot perhaps that is something to consider rectifying or changing or just stopping.....but that doesn't mean you have to get alarmed does it ? I can't say what the reading means here, I don't know. It seems to be one where you'd have to be in the situation to see it from the inside.

It looks like there something to be dealt with...or it could be a mere reflection of the question but in your shoes as I said I'd give it some more thought.

Perhaps you need not go so far out of your way to feed the cat if you have to put the food some way away by parked cars ? Perhaps you could just stick to feeding those cats nearby ?

You could ask about options such as continuing what you are doing....stopping it etc

I think I would be concerned to put it near parked cars but then cats always seem to be skulking around, under and behind parked cars...if not on them

You have to consider where your responsibilty ends. Thats not from the reading just my thoughts but it may link in with Toms idea of compulsion which I didn't really get before

gato

visitor
Reaction score
:confused: thats a bit OTT isn't it. I mean you can't say this person is a fool for asking if theres any reason not to feed a cat. I don't think so anyway.

on the other hand it is foolish to ask a knife (e.g.) why didn't it cut the bread straight

@lisa: you have to remember that Yi is just a tool ( far from perfect but the best one i've encountered )

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Trojan,

I should have included those details in the first place. That's frustrating - I apologize.

It's hard to tell if there's extra danger in putting the food there. That spot is actually quite nearby in distance, and you're correct, all the outside cats (there's 3 or 4 of them) are half the time under the cars or sitting in the road anyway. (Oy.)

Do you think this reading is really describing that kind of danger? As you said, it's not saying there's nothing wrong, but is this what Yi would use to indicate "that cat will be in mortal danger if you feed it there"?

It just occurred to me that maybe 21.6 means I'm not "listening to" my own intuition or common sense. I don't want to twist the line out of all recognition, though, and it still could go either way: (1) it's a dangerous spot to be putting food, or (2) for heaven's sake stop catastrophizing.

The first two lines are not about danger (are they?) Does that make it less likely for 21.6 to be?

On the other hand, if the reading is really about compulsion - and I do see that point (Tom's with 21.1, and then Anemos touched on it in a different way, and you're concurring too, Trojan) - then how does line 4 fit, which seems to say that it's all worth it and should be done? What interpretation accommodates all the lines?

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Anemos,

As you can see, I'm still not clear! I see people's points (yours and others), but I don't know what the reading is actually saying. (And maybe we won't know, even with all of your help. I don't want to drag this on in circles!)

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Trojan,

I should have included those details in the first place. That's frustrating - I apologize.

It's hard to tell if there's extra danger in putting the food there. That spot is actually quite nearby in distance, and you're correct, all the outside cats (there's 3 or 4 of them) are half the time under the cars or sitting in the road anyway. (Oy.)

I notice people using the word 'oy' here lately. What does it mean ? Here 'oy' is just a way of drawing attention to something sharply.. Does it mean something else becasue I can't make sense of how people use it.

Do you think this reading is really describing that kind of danger? As you said, it's not saying there's nothing wrong, but is this what Yi would use to indicate "that cat will be in mortal danger if you feed it there"?

I can't answer that. Its actually between you and your understanding of Yi. You have to bring your everyday sense into play and maybe ask a question about the danger.

It just occurred to me that maybe 21.6 means I'm not "listening to" my own intuition or common sense. I don't want to twist the line out of all recognition, though, and it still could go either way: (1) it's a dangerous spot to be putting food, or (2) for heaven's sake stop catastrophizing.

yes it could well be that because this is a common sense matter

The first two lines are not about danger (are they?) Does that make it less likely for 21.6 to be?

On the other hand, if the reading is really about compulsion - and I do see that point (Tom's with 21.1, and then Anemos touched on it in a different way, and you're concurring too, Trojan) - then how does line 4 fit, which seems to say that it's all worth it and should be done? What interpretation accommodates all the lines?

I'm lost...i have to go for a walk now. See noone can tell you what this reading is about in the end.
How would they know. Its you who is engaged with the situation. In this reading it isn't clear as to what the 21 refers. People can make suggestions but can't say for sure so its you who has to work it out....

Now....easing up on Elias a little. ;)..this is only about feeding a cat. A cat is a cat and needs food (hex 2 ?) you are making a legal issue out of it (21) for your own reasons....

I think you should just go with common sense now. If you feel its bad for cat then move food...being aware we can't control accidents nor do we have any idea if Yi is referring to anything like this.

The more we talk the more I see 21 manifesting in our conversation....its like you are over chewing this

Last edited:

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
"No idea what you're talking about since you've mentioned "no first reading on the subject." Or did I miss that?"

I've sort of changed my mind about this, for this reading. I don't think that's what this is doing.

In general, though, there have been times when I've wondered if Yi "skips steps" sometimes, for efficiency maybe, to say two things at once.

I can't find the example that I thought I had marked, but here's a really bad, made-up one: Suppose I can't find a bill I have to mail away. There's a possibility I already put it in the outgoing mailbox, but I don't remember doing so (yes, that could happen :rolleyes:.)

So I ask "How likely I've already mailed it?" and Yi replies with something that couldn't possibly have anything to do with it. I've wondered if Yi might be telling me something else that's important for me to know, while it has my attention, and by implication it's confirming I did mail the envelope. The fact that it skipped the step is the answer.

Or not! That may make no sense at all! What do you think?

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Anemos,

As you can see, I'm still not clear! I see people's points (yours and others), but I don't know what the reading is actually saying. (And maybe we won't know, even with all of your help. I don't want to drag this on in circles!)

What i shared here is just the impression I got from your posts. I could be right but i could be wrong. I can't understand when or why you got upset from Yi's initial answer.

Looking at 21's commentaries maybe Yi indicates that there is a matter needs to be solved. How trivial or how important it is I can't tell.

This hexagram represents an open mouth (cf. hexagram 27) with an
obstruction (in the fourth place) between the teeth. As a result the lips cannot
meet.
To bring them together one must bite energetically through the
obstacle.

edit : there is something funny in that. try to talk without bringing together your lips. :) its not clear what you would say.

When an obstacle to union arises, energetic biting through brings success.
This is true in all situations. Whenever unity cannot be established, the
obstruction is due to a talebearer and traitor who is interfering and blocking
the way. To prevent permanent injury, vigorous measures must be taken at
once. Deliberate obstruction of this sort does not vanish of its own accord.
Judgment and punishment are required to deter or obviate it.
However, it is important to proceed in the right way. The hexagram
combines Li, clarity, and Chên, excitement. Li is yielding, Chên is hard.
Unqualified hardness and excitement would be too violent in meting out
punishment; unqualified clarity and gentleness would be too weak. The two
together create the just measure.
It is of moment that the man who makes
the decisions (represented by the fifth line) is gentle by nature, while he
commands respect by his conduct in his position.

I think 21.4 combines in a way what i quoted . The goal or what Yi suggests is to reach the arrow . The meat is hard and one might need to be hard and gentle at the same time. Forcing things too much you may ruin your teeth being too gentle maybe you won't reach the arrow. A good proportion is important here.

21.6 its just a warning. that something that you miss to hear /see its important. i can't tell either what is that. You know .

My impression is with 6.5 Yi tried to tell you that it answered to your question. It didn't ignore you, just tried to help you and retreats by saying you "you are the Gong"

overall its a nice reading, the way i see it.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
The more we talk the more I see 21 manifesting in our conversation....its like you are over chewing this

You're right. I should have cut this off a few posts ago, or never started it in the first place. Frustration is never a good basis for a discussion.

My apologies to all of you, but at the same time this actually has helped, so thank you.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You're right. I should have cut this off a few posts ago, or never started it in the first place. Frustration is never a good basis for a discussion.

My apologies to all of you, but at the same time this actually has helped, so thank you.

No need to apologise...I'm sorry I think my post sounded a bit dismissive....I just needed a walk

I think this is quite an interesting thread because its actually a very hard one to interpret given the situation...and it feels very 21ish to me engaging in the thread.

Don't feel you have to cut it off :) the feelings you express about Yi I'm sure everyone has encountered and whats more I'm sure I have had 6.5 when questioning Yi about what the heck its doing so perhaps such questioning is a progressive step in understanding and knowing how your relationship with Yi works

elias

visitor
Reaction score
I'll try to be more polite this time...

In general, though, there have been times when I've wondered if Yi "skips steps" sometimes, for efficiency maybe, to say two things at once.

I don't know about "skipping steps" but the Yi often addresses the question you have not yet asked, and perhaps not yet formulated and/or brought to consciousness. Reading through the conversation so far, it seems that many of the responses come around to the idea that there is some deeper issue(s) that are manifested in these cats and the query. You might look consider past readings to see if these combinations or related hexes have repeatedly appeared, which is often an indication of areas that need some work.

By some interpretive strategies it's not important that all changing lines "make sense." I'm of the school that would concentrate on the middle changing line (which is not to say you should ignore the others.) 21.4 is about biting to he bone and encountering/uncovering old wounds (the old arrowhead). Hilary gives this line a positive spin-- with this "arrowhead" you are able to acquire more nourishment on your own.

And sometimes, readings don't make sense until you're ready for them to make sense.

bristolbuda

visitor
Reaction score
Perhaps 21 moving line 6 is refering to some event connected far in the future where you are wheeling home a shopping trolly full of cat food followed by loads of hungry cats.The neighbours are refering you as the cat lady.some are verbally remonstrating about all these cats,but alas you have a responcibility to feed all these felines and chose not to hear.!
You know the yi tells it as it is.

Liselle

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
bristolbuda: :rofl: Fortunately there are only 2 or 3 cats, 4 at most, depending on the day.

elias:
By some interpretive strategies it's not important that all changing lines "make sense."
I've read about things like that, but I've never tried them. I have used a program that generates only one moving line for each reading, to see if such readings would be clearer. They weren't.

As far as deeper issues - yes. I didn't post this to the forum because of the cats, per se. I posted it out of chronic frustration with readings, which came to a boil with this one. But as I said earlier, that was a bad way to start a discussion.

I think for now I'll just let this reading and all the comments percolate for a while, and maybe as you're saying it'll make sense later. Thanks!

trojan:
I notice people using the word 'oy' here lately. What does it mean ?
I forgot to answer this earlier. I intended it to express good-natured exasperation, sort of like saying "Good grief!" or "Ai yi yi!" Wikipedia says it can mean exasperation, chagrin, dismay, things like that, and that the full form, "Oy vey," means "Oh woe" in Yiddish. (I didn't even know it was Yiddish. I thought it was a nonsense word. :blush:)

Sunfit

visitor
Reaction score
And Elias, I don't know you, and I'm trying to give the benefit of the doubt to a good cat person as you apparently are, but you don't know anything about me and my life. If I ask what seem to be silly questions out of anxiety or paranoia or something that makes no sense to you, telling me it's silly doesn't help anything. We're all "foolish" in our own ways, right?

And it's not like Yi has limited time or something. If it really is telling me I'm trapped in a cat-feeding compulsion, then fine. Then my next steps should be to ask how to extricate myself from the compulsion - which obviously can't be to just stop feeding cats we've fed for a year and remove their boxes, poof.

Lisa ask the IChing anything you want and don't worry about what other people think. It matters not what someone else thinks or their judgments. :)
I don't think you were being trivial at all! I too love cats!

As you said we ALL get foolish sometimes right? :D

Heck some days I ask the IChing what kind of day I am going to have!

I have never been told off by the IChing yet for asking supposed trivial questions. :rofl:

I ask what I ask when the need hits me.

From another CAT LOVER... :)

Sunfit

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).