...life can be translucent

Menu

Thought I'd share this one! 42:5

shelbymustang

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone hope this finds you in good spirits.

To briefly put you in the picture: being treated for PTSD by a fantastic consultant. Part of the issues surrounding PTSD is unhealthy attachment issues, not able to sustain or indeed attain good healthy romantic relationships etc - very painful process :weep:

So I have been doing a lot of work with him reprocessing some very deep stuff and working on uncovering and discovering patterns of behaviour etc.

I asked "How can I create secure attachment behaviour?" and received 42:5 ->27

I was so moved by this response that I had to share it...to know that I'm on track and to be reminded that deep down I'm actually a decent person and to keep reminding myself of this and working on discernment and stay close to my core values life will reflect this back to me. I also see this about balancing female/male aspects of my character (working a lot on inner emotional balance and harmony within various polarised aspects of my personality)

I feel this response could be summarised as: KEEP DOING WHAT YOU'RE DOING!

Isn't it great when you get a response which is clear and addresses your current situation and gives you great hope for the future that you feel secure enough to keep going?! :)

If anyone has anything to add which I may have missed then by all means chip in!
Shelbs x

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I hear it saying be kind to yourself, and don't be afraid to be generous with yourself and with others, could be time, money, any of your other assets. Don't hold back. Perhaps the balance you are seeking an be found by increasing the way you nurture yourself and others. What you give is what you get back. Sounds like this is already where you are heading....

shelbymustang

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Rinda,
Just got an email notification about your reply! :) how lovely of you to respond.

Yeah, I was so happy to receive this response because I know I'm really working
well on this very deep issue with a highly skilled Dr...it's funny...I always knew
deep down I wasn't doing anything wrong in the realms of relationships...just being myself
and that really IS me: I'm a genuinely kind loving + honest person. But it is reminding me
that in order to nourish others I must maintain self-nourishment and most importantly *Discernment* <-- that's the aspect I must work hard with to balance things out as, due to
my history with PTSD unhealthy attachments can form and leave me drained and very low
and out of balance.

I feel this is like a massive billboard on my own personal road saying "You're on the right road keep
a steady course, use your map, your co-driver, pack some sandwiches and make sure you've got enough petrol and you'll get to your destination"

It's a rather verbose billboard but you get my drift! :rofl:

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, working toward being whole and healthy - able to nourish yourself - will go a long way toward being able to maintain interdependence and a sense of equality in a relationship, rather than becoming either dependent or aggressive (or each in turn)...

Keep up the good work!

shelbymustang

visitor
Reaction score
You have hit the nail on the head Rinda, it's SO good to receive feedback on this matter.
The issue of HEALTHY relationships and attachments is important not just for me but everyone...
I see many relationships which are unbalanced and deep down I've always known/felt this wasn't based on true love which starts with healthy relationship to ones-self.

Thank you xx

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).