...life can be translucent

Menu

Business Partner 55<63 and 48<18

literunner

visitor
Reaction score
Hi folks,

A business partner on a long term project has been, in the last few weeks, pulling back and lessening her commitment due to other projects she's taken on and I'm left doing most of the work myself, which is tough. When we talk, she confirms her commitment and wants to stay joined to getting this done and believes in the worthiness of it. But a few days later she will say things like she is very, very busy now and I will have to work without her to get things done.

I know on one level that she is busy and not available, but it's confusing the mixed messages, so I asked the Yi -
Why does D keep pulling back from the project?
48.5.6<18

I read some other posts and I wonder if this is addressing D or me - but if D, then maybe D is needing to offer things to others and is clearing up decay this way so D has to work on other projects now? It seems positive, so I'm a conflicted - because I like D's efforts to our project and feel the project is better with her contributions.

I then asked, What should I do about D continuing to pull back from the project?
55.4.5<63
I read on another thread that I should not be sad about this (hx 55) and that in general the lines are favorable so things are working out well (?) even though I'm not happy with the situation.
I need help figuring out how to apply this reading and the one above.
Thoughts/ideas welcome!
Thank you :bows:
LR

nicky_p

visitor
Reaction score
I see 48 as yi saying "it is what it is". The lines could either relate to how she sees the project in that it's ongoing, it's not going to end anytime soon, she enjoys it and it's easy to dip in and out of. Or they could relate to her contribution itself in that it's valuable and reliable. 18 could mean that she feels she has a lot of burdens like you think but that this project is not 1 (because of the positive lines of 48) or the yi could be throwing the question back at you asking what your problem is as it were. Council of 18 is to think on that a while before acting ;)

I agree with your general essence of 55. You say yourself that you would rather have what little she gives as opposed to nothing and that your happy with the quality of contribution if not the quantity. I think 63 is about coming to terms with that. Part of the interpretations of 63 warns against sitting on your laurels and pigeonholing everyone in the same box. Upsetting though it is there are some sickening people who come in and can achieve the same results in 5 mins what might take you half an hour ;) It's about quality not quantity at the end of the day, no? Frustrating though it is. :)

literunner

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Nicky -
Thank you for chiming in, I get a lot from your take on readings.:bows:

There is no getting around the fact that my partner's contributions make up half the value of this project - and yes she is able to, within 5 mins, make a contribution that would take others 5 days.

I've been dragging through the bulk of the work right now, it is a bit overwhelming, due to the long hours needed for the next few weeks to make a deadline. I asked the Yi - How can I do this project with D when she can't commit fully? (I want a great project overall, as does she):
14.2.5 <13
Which could be that we have a great deal of good in our investment, our wagon, and that acknowledging that in actions and words is wise; and letting her know how valued she is, is wise and to make the project about fellowship, agreement, harmony - an all for one, one for all endeavour.

What do you think? The lines are nice and the overall is nice.
Thank you for the help!
:bows:

nicky_p

visitor
Reaction score
:) yeah it's a nice reading.
14 suggests you each work to your strengths to be most efficient and line 5 suggests that some of your strength may lie in your leadership qualities. I think your idea of letting her know how valued her contribution is fits well with this line and with the relating hex 13. And carrying on the project in fellowship and harmony sounds good as well :)
Good luck with the deadline. I'm sure you'll do great
Nicky

literunner

visitor
Reaction score
14.2.5<13 reading

Hi- an update-
I spoke with the person to find out more about what's going on and wanted to update for future readers of the thread:

my business partner wants to engage in certain ways, which for her, is by giving specific strengths she brings; and as long as I'm amicable about that and let her know I value that fashion, she will engage with the project when it's more complete and more finalized -as her involvement will be coming at the end stages of it (instead of the middle, as it was in prior months). She took on other projects knowing she was going to only be on this one at the end.
I think the hx 13 in this reading could be about us both being in harmony about these sets of parameters and making the whole endeavor 'all for one and one for all' - no selfish interests.

Last edited:

nicky_p

visitor
Reaction score
Hi literunner,

Thanks for the update. It's helpful to see how things pan out with the readings.

Hope everything goes well with the rest of the project.

Nicky

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).