...life can be translucent

Menu

interpretation hexagram 50

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
hi all

this seems like a fine place to ask for some assistance with interpreting hex 50 [the cauldron].
i asked the I Ching: do i have an innner, special connection with xxxxxx [a person], there were no moving lines. i like the hexagram and have read the interesting clarification on this site in a blog.
also, does the fact there are no moving lines mean that action is not recommended at this time?

thanks
mark

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
If you have to ask I Ching, I would suggest you re-think the meaning of 'special' and 'inner' ;)

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
perhaps u could expand on that advice as i am so far not able to apply it, bearing in mind that circumstances may be different to what you envisage. i dont mind giving some relavant background info, but i dont know if this is the place to do it

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Do I have an innner, special connection with xxxxxx?
50 unchanging

Yes, you do. Food implies sharing.

Does the fact there are no moving lines mean that action is not recommended at this time?

Not exactly. The Image says:

Fire over wood:
The image of the Caldron.
Thus the superior man consolidates his fate
By making his position correct.

This suggests there is something for you to do in preparation for an outward connection with xxxxxx.

notatirem

visitor
Reaction score
How do you make a tasty soup?
You add a little bit here, a little bit there, let it simmer.
It takes time for it to get good. But if you are patient it can get really good.

I think the no changing lines is part of your question... It's kind of like you just googled a recipe. It stands there alone telling you how to make the soup (connection) but there is no tangible result unless you decide to make it.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
You don't ask "have I got a special connection with X" because you already know if you do or don't. You ask a question that you really want to ask, whatever that is - something that you wish to do based on this connection you sense perhaps or whatever. You clearly wonder if you should take action so maybe that's the question to ask.

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
re: precision grace .who said: "You don't ask "have I got a special connection with X" because you already know if you do or don't. You ask a question that you really want to ask, whatever that is - something that you wish to do based on this connection you sense perhaps or whatever. You clearly wonder if you should take action so maybe that's the question to ask."

Grace
i am mildly offended that you should be telling me what i think without understading any of the situation, i most definatly do NOT already know, as you say.

i Further more i did not, as you say, clearly wonder if i should take action, when i formulated the question. it only became a question when i wondered if no moving lines meant no action should be taken

if you did know something about the situation i could consider an opinon from you [but only as an opinon]. in case you think i am a complete novice i started studying the I Ching 40 years ago although not for the last ten, hence some of my questions here

Am not sure how forums work when it comes to quoting people. but a big thanks to the two other people who have shared there views . , ive found your insites very helpful. i have always found my book [Wilhelm translation] a bit complicated although i still persist with it [lol]

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
aww shucks, don't be offended. Far be it from me to tell someone what they think, my comment wasn't about I Ching, it was about the nature of 'special inner connections'. Your latest comment makes me wonder what do you think that is (a person says 'chair' and one assumes they know what they meant but this is not always a case).

I am glad you got helpful advice from other (and way more experienced than myself) members.

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
to precision grace:

pls dont start lecturing me (or whatever you meant) on chairs, or trying to advise me again. i find your writing (use of English) almost impossible to fathom.

No hard feeling but it would save negativity if you did'nt respond to my posts in future, thanx

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Gaz,
Not to add fuel to the fire, but I do think Grace has a point..and it may be relevant to questions in general. The terms "special" and "inner" are, you must admit, rather vague...BUT I do respect your hesitancy to give more background on a public forum.

according to some 'spiritual' ways of thinking, every encounter we have with another is a "holy" one.. no accidents or coincidences in our crossing paths.

In one way, it could seem like the yi is stressing that, or being tongue-in-cheek by 50. no lines.......as Notatirem says, it could be like "yeah, there is something here to be cooked up here" but that could be true of every person who crosses our paths and touches our heart causing us to sense there may be a special connection here...

I guess the real question is , is this a special connection worth pursuing? some connections are fleeting and meant to be so. Others could be truly fated for some interesting and hopefully fulfilling exchanges, maybe even for long term . I would imagine 50 is an auspicious reply to asking if you have a special, inner connection worth pursuing with xxxxxx. I have sensed that 50 reflects alignment with the flow of things, a time when the flow/potential is in your favor.

As far as no moving lines meaning no action, I say no, it does not advise "no action"....but there is nothing moving right now in the situation. so if you want to pursue the connection, it is probably a good time . Hilary says " the vessel contains and transforms.......just as...raw ingredients become fragrant food, so the experiences of life can be blended into a meanngful whole.
Put on your chef's hat and stir the pot, expecting transformation.

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
to bamboo

hi
are you refering to grace saying: "I would suggest you re-think the meaning of 'special' and 'inner'" or to what she said later, which was what took offence at

qaz

bamboo

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
to bamboo

hi
are you refering to grace saying: "I would suggest you re-think the meaning of 'special' and 'inner'" or to what she said later, which was what took offence at

qaz

Hi,
I took it that she was elaborating on what she said originally...in other words, she seemed to be saying "you already feel it is a special connection, and the vague question did not really target what you truly wanted to know"

and what you seemed to want to know was whether it was worth pursuing. But I guess you might have been just asking if this was indeed the special connection it seemed to be:)

white owl

visitor
Reaction score
I am going to say yes, you do have an special/inner connection with xxxxxx. I think yi gave u a straight yes, no doubt about it. You both can cook up some nice dishes together..but u have to learn how to cook together. Just like making beautiful music together, right? You have the main basis of good solid compatibility. Thats how I would feel if I were to receive this hex straight up , especially If I were to ask an intimate question about inner connection with someone.. But the trick is I think is to maintain my hex 50 relationship much like hex 63, everything needs to be harmoniously balanced, right temp, just the right flavors, pitch etc. practice makes perfect .

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
to trojan:

yes i started at about 18 and have been poking about ever since and i'm 62 now

pic was taken 2 years back.

unfortunatly i dont know enough to offer much advice to others....but if i see anything i can help with, i will.

i really cant see those buttons at bottom of posts so i cant quote. can anyone point them out to me...thanx

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
i really cant see those buttons at bottom of posts so i cant quote. can anyone point them out to me...thanx

At the right bottom of each post I see the buttons [Edit]
[Multi-quote] [Quick Reply] [Thanks]. You will get a [Thanks] button once you have made enough posts. At the left bottom I see [Post Reply]. Don't you see any of these buttons?

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
to bamboo

thanx, much of what u say about hex 50 is very helpful as has been another members comments. it seems a bit of background about my situation may be in order: i only met xxxx a couple of times before she returned to her country, during our meetings parts of our conversations seemed unusually meaningful [lol], we generally had a perfect rapport, but i detected that she was also trying to "fit in", as a forigner in a strange enviroment might do. language was a not easy as she didnt speak great english however i sense quite a lot about people so i all worked.

at the time i definately did not want to know if i should "pursue a relationship or take action" so how the opposte became "clear" to grace is a mystery to me. i agree with you that this is a good question, but it was not what i needed at the beginning, at that time i wanted to know if there was an inner/special connection before i investigated the possibility of a relationship, in order avoid banging my head agaist a brick wall....ok, maybe that was cheating a bit....now i'm sure someone is going to suggest that i should have followed my heart...smile

I still object to being told by precicion grace :
"You don't ask "have I got a special connection with X" because you already know if you do or don't. You ask a question that you really want to ask, whatever that is - something that you wish to do based on this connection you sense perhaps or whatever. You clearly wonder if you should take action so maybe that's the question to ask."

You say: "according to some 'spiritual' ways of thinking, every encounter we have with another is a "holy" one.. no accidents or coincidences in our crossing paths. "
Although i take your point [and I will think more about that] I dont think this was that kind of encounter....

despite thinking about it i still dont undertstand why my qestion to the I Ching should need me to "rethink the meaning of "special and inner".

Seem to have found the quote buttons now

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
At the right bottom of each post I see the buttons [Edit]
[Multi-quote] [Quick Reply] [Thanks]. You will get a [Thanks] button once you have made enough posts. At the left bottom I see [Post Reply]. Don't you see any of these buttons?

found it thanks changing to the show full thread page

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
hi qaz

I wouldn't put so much thought to assumptions that don't fit your circumstances -it can be confusing and unproductive to us all, both those who ask and those who answer . . I do feel your reaction though as much as your need to 'go out of yourself', so to speak to check Yi's image of your connection

Here's another thought about your ding: since you asked about an inner special connection and the caldron is a vessel in service of what is brewed inside, it could be helpful if you also looked at the parts that make up the hexagram, such as the trigrams and inner hexagram (and its trigrams too). Not sure if you know the mechanics of it, but inner trigrams are the ones we find by leaving out the 1st and 6th lines .. In hx 50, these are heaven and lake and inner hx, hex. 43. So, 'resolution', 'breakthrough', 'emerging', 'decision', all these are found and created throughout the caldron . .

As if to say, aside from how special things appear (and cauldrons were made to be impressive since they were used mainly for ritualistic purposes), the inner quality of their servings is made by all the (small and big) decisions that both you and xxxx make and the reverberations these bring to every part of your lives .. when these work to your best interests then the rewards can be as great as heaven connecting with earth and as simple as enjoying a well home-cooked meal along its perfect fit of a wine :)

Last edited:

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
If you object that much read the forum rules and press the red report button because I object to you going on and on about how offended you are

:rolleyes: :mischief:

btw I hardly find anything that unusual in qaz's post, people here have been posting readings like his ALL the time, why this is picked upon to make all the fuss, I can't understand

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
hi qaz

I wouldn't put so much thought to assumptions that don't fit your circumstances -it can be confusing and unproductive to us all, both those who ask and those who answer . . I do feel your reaction though as much as your need to 'go out of yourself', so to speak to check Yi's image of your connection

i dont understand what you are trying to say above, could you re phrase it please, ta

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
:rolleyes: :mischief:

btw I hardly find anything that unusual in qaz's post, people here have been posting readings like his ALL the time, why this is picked upon to make all the fuss, I can't understand

ha-ha, probably because i prompted some lively discussion by complaining at the beginning, thanks for your comment. i just wish some people were easier to understand when they pick on me lol

qaz112

visitor
Reaction score
hi qaz

your view sounds as if it could be interesting but would you mind re-phrasing this as i dont fully understand it

Ci__Ci

visitor
Reaction score
Well, y'all forced me to log in to chime in (for discussions sake).

I, too, disagree that asking whether a connection is "special" or "inner" is incongruent. Today, I consulted the Yijing with a relationship question: "What is it?" Of my remote (distant) relationship, of 2-1/2 years, it has developed to seemingly reveal a strong psychic (inner) connection of an fascinating uniqueness of the Twin Flame variety (special) -- one of friendship & romance. The relationship defies logic in so many ways. Yet my intuition told me that it was true. Or, did it? Then, the relationship hit a bump, which left me with doubts.

As mere mortals, we can easily be blindsided by our own hopes, ambitions, or ego (all the things the "I Ching" counsels against) and not properly assess a given situation. Those things can also interfere with our natural intuition. Moreover, we sometimes convince ourselves of things so as to manage disappointment or hurt. I believe that this is where the "I Ching" is particularly useful. When you can quiet all those inferior qualities, your intuition tends to have resonance.

So, no, I am not sure if the relationship truly is divine, because I...human. I suspect that the original poster shared similar thoughts.

By the way, my (relationship) question resulted in hexagram 35 "Chin" (Progress). But, I received hexagram 50.6 --> 32 from a vague question "Financial and/or job outlook".

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
Hex 50 unchanging can also indicate inner turmoil or deep worrying. Maybe Yi was reflecting back to you your state of mind when you were asking your question. However, getting hex 50 unchanging is usually very auspicious, and so I would say it is true that you have a special inner relationship with this person.

littlebuddha

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
hi all

this seems like a fine place to ask for some assistance with interpreting hex 50 [the cauldron].
i asked the I Ching: do i have an innner, special connection with xxxxxx [a person], there were no moving lines. i like the hexagram and have read the interesting clarification on this site in a blog.
also, does the fact there are no moving lines mean that action is not recommended at this time?

thanks
mark

Mark, i mostly read I Ching for myself and i am not sure my reply will be of help, but here is what i think: Cauldron indeed was used to cook meals - and by sharing food (especially "ritual foods" - cooked for holidays, on special occasions etc.) people do develop special bonds. So, you have the "vessel" here, the dish, whether you will use it to develop a special bond with that person - i believe is up to two things:
1. your conscious choice to do so
2. the desire to pursue the relationship
While we can obviously have a say in our choices, it's all another question where from comes the desire - and except the will, you do need that in relationships (from both sides that is.)
I think that in a day or two you might ask a re-phrased question and Hilary gives great advice how to do so (it's in the sticky here http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/frie...42-Blog-post-Advice-for-relationship-readings )I think this would be the best way to go: ‘What kind of relationship could we create here? What’s the potential?‘

Best of luck!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).