...life can be translucent

Menu

Need advice about time period of asking questions

free

visitor
Reaction score
Dear all

I would like to know that if I ask questions like "how is my marriage with my husband?" etc, is the I Ching answer apply for the rest of my life with him? Or its just for the next few months? What if I ask similar questions later on and get different answers, does it mean the first answer I got is no longer true?

Please help!

Thanks.

Free

nicky_p

visitor
Reaction score
How long is a piece of string? ;)

Unless of course you specifically ask. Like, what's the outlook on our marriage for this month? etc

Time is a man-made construct to make our lives easier. :)

free

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Nicky for your reply.
You see, I got Hex 31>4,6 to Hex 53 for my question "How is my marriage now?" which I interpreted as good if both of us continues to influence/stimulate each other positively and there will be good gradual progress. But is this for long?

So I asked another question this time,"How is my marriage in 2012?" and I got a devastating 23 and changing line 4. I'm confused and scared now. As this hex talked about splitting.

What should I do?:(

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks Nicky for your reply.
You see, I got Hex 31>4,6 to Hex 53 for my question "How is my marriage now?" which I interpreted as good if both of us continues to influence/stimulate each other positively and there will be good gradual progress. But is this for long?

So I asked another question this time,"How is my marriage in 2012?" and I got a devastating 23 and changing line 4. I'm confused and scared now. As this hex talked about splitting.

What should I do?:(

theres never any point in consulting the I Ching if it results in you feeling disempowered or scared. But if you ask you get an answer. You wouldn't be asking about the marriage as if it were all in the hands of fate if you weren't very unsure about it already... So perhaps the best thing is to take a more pro active view of this. I mean rather than sit tight with eyes shut feeling scared open eyes look at it, look at whats wrong and try to face it and perhaps think about how you can make your position more secure especially materially.

I really wouldn't get too uptight over it....but I would try to think it through. 23 is about your position being undermined, losing the things you rest on. Now even if you aren't tangibly under such threat right now it might be a good idea to think about what you might do if the your position as wife was undermined or lost. Maybe consider money and where to live etc etc.

I could be way off here because I don't know your situation..but anyway I don't think you should let I Ching casts frighten you....they are meant to help you so try to see 23.4 as an advice perhaps to look to your own security a bit more now...and afterall the cast could just point to a bit of a rocky time in the marriage not seperation.

Don't be too fatalistic. I mean in 23 one has to be fatalistic to a degree... when things deteriorate we can't always remedy them and must accept a breaking down of things. But things have to break down in order for better things to come in and if things are breaking down you can help yourself more by at least looking at the other supports you have in place. 23 counsels I think to 'care for those below', ie it could mean here other supports, family, friends and so on.

But overall ...don't worry because it clouds the mind. ..and anyway we can't take this as a certain prediction of seperation....just an awareness perhaps of support you might need at some point, if your marriage is being eroded for some reason.

I think if you are lucky enough to have found the I Ching as a resource in your life you perhaps need to hold in mind its not there to announce a condemning fate but hopefully to give you a little foresight to empower you to make the best decisions even in very hard times.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Dear all

I would like to know that if I ask questions like "how is my marriage with my husband?" etc, is the I Ching answer apply for the rest of my life with him? Or its just for the next few months? What if I ask similar questions later on and get different answers, does it mean the first answer I got is no longer true?

Please help!

Thanks.

Free

oh missed this question about time. Some answers seem long term , others very short tem. It will depend on the question but personally I would avoid really long term questions because I just need to know about the next bit. I'm not too interested in my far distant future

relationship casting can fluctuate about as much as the relationship does. I think one develops an intuitive sense about when a previous casting no longer applies and so on as you go on consulting

gnar

visitor
Reaction score
I think the core principle of the i-ching is change. It is the book of changes right? So, like everything else, like what the basic foundation of the tao, is that things change. There's no constant. Even the well, can take many forms though it remains the same well.

So yeah, imo, the iching/yijing has taught me that change is constant. Even our thoughts/perception changes.

But yeah, some realities can go worse, some can go better. At least this is what I've learned so far.

Good question though, I like it.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
You really need to stipulate the time frame within the question itself.

elias

visitor
Reaction score
yeah-- what those other guys said....

The Tao is not much concerned with human concepts of time. The moment that matters is now. What has passed is past; what is to come will unfold in its time. You might get a glimpse of it through questioning, but then the issue becomes one of creating self-fulfilling prophecies.

free

visitor
Reaction score
Hi.. I'm grateful for all your replies..I like this community where everyone tries to help one another..

Thanks..thanks...

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).