...life can be translucent

Menu

Will I find another job soon? Hex 8 unchanging

myladythunder

visitor
Reaction score
In my last thread I asked what would happen if I quit my job. I got Hex 1 unchanging.
Don't leap before you have a place to land. Got it. I have an idea and I have started applying for jobs that would suit me better, making contacts through my own network.

Now I asked if I would find another job soon? I got Hex 8 unchanging.

Sounds reassuring, but I'm sure there's more to it then that!
Another thought; What's up with the unchanging hexagrams?

As always, all your insights are very much appreciated.

gnar

visitor
Reaction score
If it's unchanging, I see it as a broad thought. A picture that is core to the subject. Sometimes it is enough to get an answer, sometimes I need to ask again regarding the details related to the unchanging hexagram.

If I did ask, the unchanging hexagram becomes like the "main theme" or "environment", and the succeeding readings will be "issues", "problem-solutions", or more ideas about the main theme.

With regards to your question, if I were the one to ask it, I'd take the answer as "career networking" or finding Allies or groups. I could take it as gathering all offers of aid, and not even consider those who are, "we'll call you back" ones. I would also choose the best thing available, than risk it on something uncertain.

myladythunder

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Gnar

To follow up your answer

I did find another job through career networking, at company X.
Three years ago I declined a joboffer from company Y because I found my current job at company Z. The woman who wanted to hire me back then called me a year ago again with another joboffer, she left company X to become hr manager in company Y. I didn't get the job at company Y back then because we both agreed I wasn't yet qualified for the job. Last week she called me again because there was a new job opening at company Y, very fitting to my current capacities. She never forgot about me and I got the job, starting next week :)

Last edited:

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
myladythinder

i know you have your job now and congrats but some
observations on hexagram 8
I learned somewhere that if I got 8 I should cast again
to get more information.

8 puts you in a key position in a group and the second
casting is asking whether you have what it takes to lead
that new venture etc

if you had not got the job offer I would have thought it
was an invitation to look at self employment. Good luck
with the way it has panned out

myladythunder

visitor
Reaction score
Hopex' advice in regard to hex 8 is that I should cast again to get more info.
8 puts you in a key position in a group and the second casting is asking whether you have what it takes to lead that new venture etc

So I ask
'Do I have what it takes to be a in a key position is this new venture?'
Hex 55 unchanging

Perhaps this hex is telling me that this is 'a moment in time' of abundance for me. With this comes the need to manage this wealth of opportunities, so focus is needed to manage this abundance?

'Be not sad, be like the sun at midday'; I get a feeling that 55 is very much about seizing the day, seize the opportunities, because everything is a cycle and after its peak the sun will wain. So maybe there's also a warning in there to prepare for times when abundance will inevitably wain, or to go for it now because midday want last forever :)

I hope I am not thinking whishful here, so if there are folks out there who can give me some grounding advice :D go ahead!

Last edited:
Reaction score
Hello MyLadyThunder,
I am also hoping to land a better job, and curiously, I also got 1 unchanging when I asked what if I just left... Tempting, but I guess not a good idea. So, with 55 I would take that as a yes, you have what it takes. I think the IC is giving you a picture of what it will be like for you to take this on. A lot. You will have a full plate, and there will be a lot of decisions about what to focus on. I think one of the dangers of 55 is spreading yourself too thin. At least, that has been my experience with 55. Have also had the experience with 55 of having a lot of good coming my way... "Be not sad, be like the sun at mid day, as the IC says (and Gato:p) Congratulations! You can do it! I say go for it. :):):)

DWF

R

riurik

I learned somewhere that if I got 8 I should cast again
to get more information

This is a common misunderstanding due to a wrongful translation of the text (Wilhelm, Blofeld, Legge).

myladythunder

visitor
Reaction score
Hello MyLadyThunder,
I am also hoping to land a better job, and curiously, I also got 1 unchanging when I asked what if I just left... Tempting, but I guess not a good idea.

Yeah, hex 1 meant basicly this to me;
'Don't take flight before you have a place to land' . So make sure you have an alternative before deciding to quit ;)

In the end, I just made it clear to my current employer that I was no longer motivated for the job. I was honest about my intention to look for another job and in the end they accepted my sincerity and allowed me to stick around until I found 'my place to land'.
I was really stressed out because of negative experiences in my professional past, so coming out of the closet with my frustation about my current job really took alot out of me.. but it was definitly the right decision!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).