...life can be translucent

Menu

What does Hex52 mean? Line 3?

free

visitor
Reaction score
I just asked a relationship question:duh: whether what I must do to make my husband be faithful to me? I got Hex 52 and changing line 3. What does it actually mean?
:duh:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I just asked a relationship question:duh: whether what I must do to make my husband be faithful to me? I got Hex 52 and changing line 3. What does it actually mean?
:duh:

LOL there isn't anything one can do to make a person be faithful....:D

Do you know theres a hexgram index here with all previous readings your cast on it. Look top right of screen where it says 'search' then click under 'hexagram index' and look for 52.3 and you'll see many previous threads about it. I think i started one once

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Free.

This line indicates that there is severe mental anguish regarding your relationship. Your in a very hard place right now, jumping between moving forward and stopping. Its causing you a real emotional crisis.

52.3, 9 3rd, Zhi Gua 23: Bo, Decomposing (Fan Yao 23.3: curtailing itself is not a mistake)
Setting those restrictions Divided at one’s waist Rigors choke the heart
52.3x Setting those restrictions:
Crises choke the heart He divides his being between high and low and will not touch the inferior parts. As a matter of having a course to our lives, we need to find and set limits, curtail and train our natures to keep ourselves out of trouble. But to violate these natures, to be stiff and rigid instead of just still, to pile on foreign and alien virtues and deny ourselves a more natural course is merely another form of perversion. We have turned against ourselves. This is as unwholesome as sin. A celibate gets himself bent out of shape in the loins, pinches a nerve, cavorts with the succubus in the early hours of dawn, and awakens to find his own clawmarks and blood on his breast. His own hands try to set his heart free. Denial of life is bad management, deeply unkind to oneself, not a path to wisdom. Resistance generates heat, resentment smolders in thwarted desire.

It suggests that you might be approaching this situation the wrong way. Are you being overly chastising? This line suggest that you maybe surpressing a more lurid part of your nature in this instance, but this part of your nature is not to be ashamed of. One should not blindly follow what society deems right or appropriate, one must learn how one actually feels about something and then decide if You personally think its in concordance with your Dao.

In some translations this line means to stop. To take no action at all.

The Fan Yao also suggests a restriction, a limit. a kind of stop.

Another translation of this in your instance could also suggest that you stop having sex with this man entirely. To approach this situation in a higher state (above the waist) ie: to confront this situation by employing your mind and speech.

I hope this helps

Yx

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
this line usually shows someone trying to stifle something they shouldn't . . have you discussed about this in the past?

it could mean don't look for ways to 'make him' do anything, keep things straight

couple of thoughts . .

free

visitor
Reaction score
PLease correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm thinking it means I should not create inner storm inside me, thinking he will be unfaithful, then I’ll live in turmoil.

And I should not let my past and old thoughts(after my first husband left me for another woman) to hinder my new relationship with my current husband. Otherwise I’ll be making the same mistakes.

So I should still my thoughts, perhaps start meditating to achieve inner peace in myself. Do not let these negative thoughts trap me.

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
ah ! :)

So you have no proof that he is cheating on you?

Be careful how you word your questions Free. That question implies that you knew he was cheating on you.

It does seem like the yi is telling you to repair this split in your natural personality as a result of previous maleficent actions done onto you. Your most certainly have to learn to trust again.

Possibly the Yi is telling you to stop disabling your natural flow. ( to openly love and trust)

Maybe you should continue your conversation with the Yi in this way: 'How can i learn to trust my partner?'

I hope this helps

Yx

free

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Yx

Oops.. Does my question imply that?
Yes, I'll ask the question "How I can learn to trust him?" and I'll post the Yi reply here. And thanks..

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
what I must do to make my husband be faithful to me?

The question and how accurate and based in reality it is, in my opinion, will result in an answer that is accurate and based in reality. On first reading, this question suggested to me that you already knew that your husband was being unfaithful, and you were asking how to remedy that.

Your second post then showed that actually, this is just your mind being scared of what might happen.

Your question holds in it your fear of your husband cheating. It is a badly formed question IMO as you are taking on your past experiences in relationships and almost expecting the past to re-emerge. This is not based in reality, but based on your own fears of what might come. And so the Yi answered by stating that you have to remedy this split in your personality with its roots in trust based on past relationships. You are taking on the faults of others that are not part of your way.

to pile on foreign and alien virtues and deny ourselves a more natural course is merely another form of perversion. We have turned against ourselves.

You presume that your husband will cheat on you. That is not accurate and not based in reality. But that is no fault of your own.Its rote learning based on previous experiences. You must not project the past onto now. You must learn from it and grow/change into what is now.

Yx

rodaki

visitor
Reaction score
'thinking'/'feeling' don't seem to be in balance in what goes on beneath the surface, either in one direction or the other, with the risk of something breaking if a balance is not sought out . . just imho, this

good luck with it!

gnar

visitor
Reaction score
52.3 This is about too much restriction that leads to suffocation. This is about forcing calmness by means of control rather than genuine inner stability. A man, if you force them to be faithful when they can't will just kill them. :)

It's only him who can say, "Ah, what do I need all these other women for, when I have my darling always here for me?"

So, yeah, forcing stillness of the heart will only destroy it. So, give him a lot of estrogen. :D

One serious note though I think you should know, he married you for a reason. Find out what it is. ;)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).