...life can be translucent

Menu

Conduct 10 .3 .5 .6 > 34

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Hey everyone, hope your all well :)

I asked 'what should I do about X?'

It's about a person and a strained relationship.

Six in the third place means:
A one-eyed man is able to see,
A lame man is able to tread.
He treads on the tail of the tiger.
The tiger bites the man.
Misfortune.
Thus does a warrior act on behalf of his great prince.

A one-eyed man can indeed see, but not enough for clear vision. A lame man can indeed tread, but not enough to make progress. If in spite of such defects a man considers himself strong and consequently exposes himself to danger, he is inviting disaster, for he is undertaking something beyond his strength. This reckless way of plunging ahead regardless of the adequacy of one’s powers, can be justified only in the case of a warrior battling for his prince.

I am not sure how to take this: to put myself in danger or to stay away from it? I get a feeling that this line is very much 'Know your place' ? Although Karcher's interpretation seems a lot more ominous Direction: ''You are confronting a powerful and dangerous force'

Nine in the fifth place means:
Resolute conduct.
Perseverance with awareness of danger.

This refers to the ruler of the hexagram as a whole. One sees that one has to be resolute in conduct. But at the same time one must remain conscious if it is to be persevered in. Only awareness of the danger makes success possible.

Maintaining good outer conduct while remaining aware of your ultimate goal?

Nine at the top means;
Look to your conduct and weigh the favorable signs.
When everything if fulfilled, supreme good fortune comes.

The work is ended. If we want to know whether good fortune will follow, we must look back upon our conduct and its consequences. If the effects are good, then good fortune is certain. No one knows himself. It is only by the consequences of his actions, by the fruit of his labors, that a man can judge what he is to expect.

I take this as taking responsibility for your behaviour and actions and looking at them from a critical point of view, then you'll know whether the outcome will be what you want?

Then 34

THE IMAGE

Thunder in heaven above:
The image of THE POWER OF THE GREAT.
Thus the superior man does not tread upon paths
That do not accord with established order.

This seems fairly straightforward and a very relative hexagram to 10.

Please let me know if you might have anything else to add about this combination.

Thank you as always,

Yx

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What should I do about X?
10.3 .5 .6 > 34

If you have obligations to X (10), you should struggle (34) to fulfil them. Reciprocity is the beginning of gentility. Otherwise, let the situation rest.

tigerintheboat

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Tiger Tiger Burning Bright, Can you See Me in the Night?

What should I do about X?
10.3 .5 .6 > 34

It's about a person and a strained relationship.
Treading the tail of a tiger is dangerous, particularly if you don't see the whole tiger/situation. The one eyed man in Line 3 is brave, but at a big disadvantage. This reading is probably about stages of the situation, and you are likely to be at that first stage, since this is the earliest line. Your internal reading of the situation is probably incorrect; you are not seeing everything you should.

Because you think you see, you are trying to approach the whole matter with Great Vigour, and that is probably the wrong approach for the one eyed man.

Line 5 is about remembering that you can't be constant around a tiger/dangerous situation, you have to constantly adapt. Being some consistent version of yourself may not work. Being persistent will probably lead to trouble.

You haven't come to Line 6 yet. It is about the post game wrap-up and commentary, studying tiger tracks in the past to be better blessed by the tigers of the future.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).