...life can be translucent

Menu

35>38 Winning the day and its consequences 12>33

synthesis

visitor
Reaction score
Hello all and thanks in advance for any insight that you can provide to the following situation, cast, and interpretation.

I have been working for several years in an office where I do not always see eye to eye with management. Despite this, I have worked hard to maintain professional and cordial relations, generally speaking, and believe that I contribute to creating a productive team environment. I take my work very seriously, and have tried to put the mission of what I serve higher than personal considerations.

About two and a half years ago, I filed a grievance against my manager based on the premise that my work responsibilities exceed the level of compensation. Given that I work in the government, this sort of things is much more regulated than it might be in the private sector.

This month, my director initiated a desk audit that entails bringing in an outside auditor to objectively assess the level of my work tasks, which should result very quickly in a thumbs up or thumbs down as soon as this week. This step on the part of my management is not necessarily a capitulation, and I have been warned to be especially circumspect, including not trusting at least one individual who appears to be well disposed toward me, and to be careful with details.

I asked "What are my chances of winning the day?" and received 35.1.2>38.

Using http://www.yijing.nl/i_ching/index.html , this is my interpretation:

I will have to work carefully and deliberately to win in this situation, be conscious of my circumstances as they evolve, and leave nothing to chance. If I do so, I may prevail, but it will not result in a "coming together"...Instead, there will continue to be a sense of "otherness" in my dealings with my superiors within the office.

I am really looking forward to letting this go as an issue in my life, as I've got more important things family issues to focus on. In fact, I sometimes worry that I obsess with my work because, as difficult as it can be, it is easier than dealing with personal relationship issues that I find even more difficult. So I asked a second question, which was "what is right focus in regard to this grievance in the larger context of my life?"

The result was 12.3>33. Taking on shame...As I genuinely feel that I have been scrupulous in assessing the the merits of my work contributions, could I take that to mean that 12.3 signifies that management may in fact see the "shame" of their previous position? And then perhaps to retreat from this position by seeking work elsewhere...Am I being told it is time to look elsewhere for my own growth? Or is it simply that, okay, it's done now let it go and move on to more important things?

Thanks to all who read this long post and any feedback that you think would be useful. :bows:

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Re the 35.1.2>38 I'd say tentatively it doesn't look great for 'winning the day'.

I think the advice here is almost a consolation to you. For me 35.1 is a line of coming forward with best offerings...and being turned down. And yet the line still says its okay.

35.2 also has a strong sense of consolation and I think of it as a line of compensation of the spirit.

I think the 38, the place you are standing on in is is one of very different viewpoints and priorities. If they turn down your request to me it seems the advice here is really not to take it to heart or internalise it in anyway (35.1) and to have faith that the situation can resolve successfully, perhaps more indirectly from a more feminine energy sphere ( LOL that sounds like hippy talk :rofl:)

I find the 12.3 very interesting as I had that in a very similar scenario. I have the sense that their motives or rather not their personal motives but their base for action is shameful. This may not be down to an individual but 'policy'. When people have to stick to policy they surely often have to bear shame in treating the best most loyal workers like they are of no value whilst they pour money into things that make them look good etc etc (thats just an example). So in terms of your question yes I see it as its their 'bad' so to speak so maybe its good just to recognise that and decide what you want to do about it which could be moving on. I feel the 35.2 is a helpful omen for moving on to more feminine treasures (?) geez...what do I mean by that....erm developing through less goal orientated,more soul orientated work ?

So in short i don't see it that you will win the day...or why would Yi be offering consolation. I do think you are being counselled not to mind, not to take it personally and a signal that in your life as a whole, not just your job you are doing well ie you have integrity. The policies they must adhere to don't (12.3)

I notice BTW whenever job or business questions are asked Yi tends to address ones whole life. Perhaps the reality is our entire life, every moment, is our real job. I think this is what Yi is addressing here

All this is happening in a general contextof 35 so you are progressing in life itself....you just may get knocked back on this request (35.1)

Now if you do win the day I shall be interested to hear and will try not feel embarrassed LOL

Last edited:

synthesis

visitor
Reaction score
Trojan, you made several references that are noteworthy with regard to my professional situation and what is going on with me personally.

In fact this resolution (or non resolution) is taking place during a major life overhaul (metaphorical equivalent of having flesh shed and regrown...hopefully ;) ). So even though I was obsessing over this 24 hours ago, your doubtful response is something I can receive with some composure.

Learning to separate my own good opinion from the need to get validation from others has been a major lesson for me. Ironically, so has learning to put the right face on with regard to social and professional roles so that others can be assured of my good will

The policy stuff resonates as I think there is an institutional resistance here that is not personal. I also think that this may take some time to resolve, despite assurances to the contrary from my representative. I don't really understand :brickwall: it but I suppose the whole differing view points explains it.

I was especially interested in your inference of a "feminine" approach being successful. I have multiple indications that it will be beneficial to me to approach people and situations more gently, as well as being less agenda focused, in order to be successful. Being tentative is not my strong suit, nor is seeking other people's opinions before asserting my own.

So as you can see, you hit a number of juicy spots for me....well done, and thank you! I am really at a point where I am more "open" than I have been in years, so know that I will make good use of your reflections.

Of course, I still hope your conclusion is dead wrong.... hahahaha! I have been told that there will be a solid decision at the end of the week so I will let you know. No need to feel embarrassed, as I think you have already nailed my situation in many ways regardless of the technical outcome.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
I will be embarrassed but happily embarrassed (because I hope you do win the day)

it will be good for my education :D

synthesis

visitor
Reaction score
Q Cuick update.....the auditor had both a death in the family and came down with pneumonia in the last week, so the audit has been rescheduled....may be next week.

I continue to be intrigued (okay let's be honest, I mean tortured) by hex 38 which comes up frequently. Again usung Lise's translation, as well as Trojan's reflection, I am reminded of those who think differently.

I am beginning to appreciate how my value for individuality and authenticity can wreak havoc in both my personal and public life. For example, it was recently suggested to me by my therapist that the reason I haven't been promoted has do with how I interact....that I don't wear the right social masks for getting my agenda served. For example, I don't defer to authority when i should and i do not dress well for bureaucracy. I am clearly not one of "them", and my lack of conformity may be more important than i have previously understood.

Coincidentally (or not!), I have a son who is severely limited in his ability to do anything that is socially cooperative, and is extremely disruptive both at home and at school. So our therapy with him focuses on getting him to conform....ha ha, the mere word still makes me gag a bit.

So perhaps the progress you referred to, Trojan concerns my mastering the spiritual concept of humility through adapting myself to the demands of the different roles I play....a lesson that is so often referenced in this oracle!

Hope it is not too base to admit that I still want the promotion though! I will follow up.

Trojina

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
This helps to sustain me throughout all the times I am wrong

:rofl:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom