...life can be translucent

Menu

Dream

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Cripes what a uhm dream! My friends, a couple, they were invited to this wedding but then the guy did something 'funny' and basically smeared blood soaked hand over the bride's chest and dress. So they were thrown out of this wedding. I don't know the bride or anyone else in the dream apart from these two, who then somehow keep trying to get me to the 19th floor, there is some sort of scheme, lift gets stuck and unstuck, and it all ends with my boss barging in and demanding that I take care of some paperwork for her. lol

Anyhow, I asked Yi what is the significance of this dream and got 52.3 > 23 Is this dream telling me that my friends are splitting apart? That there is another woman involved?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
what is the significance of this dream?
52.3 > 23

Is this dream telling me that my friends are splitting apart? That there is another woman involved?

No. That is a rational evasion. The dream is a projection of some aspect of your inner life that you need to become aware of. It is full of ideas of oppression, perhaps evoked by the weight of your blankets -- the weight of mountains. Double Mountain is an enduring pairing, yet you have the line of difficulty (blood). Marriage is a concern of yours, but progress toward that end has not been successful. The situation is serious and not to be brushed off with humor as you typically do (but then the guy did something 'funny' and basically smeared blood soaked hand over the bride's chest and dress).You feel hindered by the interference of others. Hexagram 23, among other things, is the marriage bed. 19 is often the age of marriage but is hindered by the socially imposed need to ascend to a higher level of education (these two, who then somehow keep trying to get me to the 19th floor). Work, you feel, hinders the progress of your love life, but inwardly you know that the oppressions arise from within yourself.

I hope the guy with the bloody hands isn't me :)

S

sooo

PG, if you haven't yet read Bradford's commentary on 52.3, you really should. My version doesn't allow for copy/pasting, but it's an easy download and well worth it.

It also confirms what I felt intuitively from your dream images, which has to do with self-sabotage, setting too tight restrictions, having contention toward convention, such as a traditional wedding/union, rising above it all, only to find that you are serving a demanding (bitch) boss.

I see 23 as stripping the images to get to the meaning. Your friends represent your own duality, your boss represents the one who is currently in control, pulling your strings (as with an elevator pulley). The bride and groom to-be represent natural union. The blood from your "friend's" hand is desecration of purity (white gown) and humiliation of the natural woman. This last image may deserve some real introspection.

A question that might be worth asking yourself: which woman would you rather be, the one getting married (symbolically or literally) or the demanding, overseeing boss on the h19th floor?

Last edited:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
I did not expect this. A bit of a mind bender..not sure what to make of it, so will digest it for a while. Thank you both for your interpretations (and I've looked at Bradford as well..crikey!)

Did I mention I wasn't a part of this wedding? I wasn't invited and only saw it as a re-play after I'd met my friends and they were telling/showing me what happened. The guy who smeared the blood on the bride thought it would be funny but she (obviously!) felt her wedding was ruined. She was blonde and had big boobs. This is somehow important but I don't know why. But then I kept wondering in the dream why she didn't clean up because she stayed throughout the wedding with that blood on her chest/dress. The 19 floor thing was definitely the two of my friends trying to sneakily get me into the wedding and close to this one guy but the weird thing was, I had already found him without those two realising. So what does that mean?

Last edited:
S

sooo

It's my experience that when we don't know the players in our dreams, and sometimes even when we do, they most often represent elements of our own subconscious, particularly when we, the dreamer, are in the position of being the observer or the one being lead or are being shown. This appears to be the case in your dream.

The blond with big boobs all the more appears to represent a stereotypical image of the 'perfect' young woman. Everything seemed picture perfect, except for the blood smeared over her white wedding gown, which made her imperfect. This can seen as sort of "funny", in a satirical sense, as though she was aware of her imperfection, but played it out as though nothing was wrong or out of the ordinary. That is reality, even for the most beautiful young woman - dealing with mother nature's gift, as it were. But in this case it was your 'male friend' who pointed this out, your yang. Placing this within the context of 52.3, including the less graphically illustrated commentaries, points to the flaw of trying too hard to be perfect (like the blond with big boobs and perfect wedding dress?), and the unhealthy results.

The trip up to the 19th floor seems to connect with the overseeing boss of hex 19. The trigram on top is Kun, a mother figure, who had paper work for you to do. Perhaps that work pointed to researching the meaning of the dream and going to work on it.

I agree, it's a dynamic (crikey!) kind of dream. :stir:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
crapsicles. I always hated Wizard of Oz, you know.:rolleyes:

OK, you guys are too kind and helpful to the degree I am not sure I have earned! (thank you again :bows:)

I will admit that the way you both have portrayed things does somewhat fit some inner struggles I've been having. So fair enough. Although my subconscious is not normally this subtle. Neither is the rest of me, come to think of it :eek:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
The trip up to the 19th floor seems to connect with the overseeing boss of hex 19. The trigram on top is Kun, a mother figure, who had paper work for you to do. Perhaps that work pointed to researching the meaning of the dream and going to work on it.

I agree, it's a dynamic (crikey!) kind of dream. :stir:

In the dream, when the boss appeared - she had cut in, and I was annoyed but took it as signal that dream had to end. It translates into my waking life where I've been successfully avoiding dealing with my boss for days now, having buried myself literally and metaphorically into a massive data entry project. However, today, towards the end of the day, the boss caught me and asked me to deal with some paperwork for her!

So although I can see how all those archetypes could be seen to apply, I have found my dreams in general to be way more straight forward and literal (like me).

I have also tonight remembered that the friend from the dream had some days ago made a bit of an embarrassing comment on a photo of me (a photo in which I had blond hair and although you couldn't see it in the photo, relatively largish boobs).

etc etc.

S

sooo

In the dream, when the boss appeared - she had cut in, and I was annoyed but took it as signal that dream had to end. It translates into my waking life where I've been successfully avoiding dealing with my boss for days now, having buried myself literally and metaphorically into a massive data entry project. However, today, towards the end of the day, the boss caught me and asked me to deal with some paperwork for her!

So although I can see how all those archetypes could be seen to apply, I have found my dreams in general to be way more straight forward and literal (like me).

I have also tonight remembered that the friend from the dream had some days ago made a bit of an embarrassing comment on a photo of me (a photo in which I had blond hair and although you couldn't see it in the photo, relatively largish boobs).

etc etc.

There is not much separation between our literal life and the works of our subconscious. The bride was you, for example, in some form or other, and the meaning of 52.3 remains the same. Often the mind "grabs" something from our waking life, even from a TV program, and uses that image to 'talk to us' through dreams, and vice verse. Which comes first isn't even relevant, the synchronicity is still present. That's the beauty and mystery, which puts it all together.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Well the number 19 revealed itself as well. I am so relieved that my mind is as literal as it has always been and hasn't been trying to talk to me via some deep religious symbols all of the sudden.

S

sooo

I've not come across any religious symbols in this thread, only the possible presence of certain psychologically synchronized connections, which obviously don't connect with you. That's cool, whatever works for you.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
a little progress report.. my friends from the dream got engaged recently. I will be going to the wedding next summer. No idea who the blonde is, yet.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
Further progress report. Two weeks before the wedding is due we are told it has been cancelled. Haven't found out yet what went wrong but just wanted to say NYAh NYAh the dream WAS about them splitting up and this was long before they even got engaged. I know when I have prophetic dreams and this is one of them. According to my dream we will yet get into the wedding so I am really hoping they patch things up not least because I was looking forward to wearing this Very expensive outfit I had bought for the occasion. (selfless to the bone, me)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).