...life can be translucent

Menu

study buddies 5.4.5 > 34

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
hi all

I'ld appreciate your insight.

my formal study group so far is idle ( its a online one) and for a course like the one i have take its not the best thing I wished for and my tutor runs thing very-very slow.The material and the assignments are too much for the duration of the course so losing time is critical. So, I found from the module's FB group two people to work together.

I asked "what I need to know about that group ?" and got 5.4.5 > 34

To my understanding line 4 is about the reason I look for study buddies and line 5 the group . Hex 34 though is not very clear to me. ( here and in general) I see it as laying between h28 and hex 26 yet I'm not sure if I grasp its certain meaning .

How you see 34 in general or in this particular reading ?

Thanks in advance

chingching

visitor
Reaction score
I think you are 34, you have vigour and energy to get going on this, but you have to wait, may as well relax and eat food. I have found hex 5 to also come up for me when I'm not using time efficiently that is to say if something is taking a long time, in between when you are waiting for the next post or something do something fuitful with that waiting time. While the dishwasher is on make lunch, then empty the dishwasher afterwards and you've been feed and all the dishes are done and put away...that's a clumsy example but hopefully you know what I mean.

Obviously you see the why's of your situation in lines but the advice is there too. line 4, dont sit at your screen refreshing the page waiting for new posts, wait in a more productive way, get out of the cave... and the way to do this best line 5. (go to a pub with wifi and order some tasty pub grub and a pint to enjoy whilst you wait for your forum, and when drunk enough you'll start talking to other people at the pub and you will no longer be in the isolation cave)... ;)

S

sooo

antsPants_large.jpg

home.jpg

:)

lucia

visitor
Reaction score
I asked "what I need to know about that group ?" and got 5.4.5 > 34

To my understanding line 4 is about the reason I look for study buddies and line 5 the group . Hex 34 though is not very clear to me. ( here and in general) I see it as laying between h28 and hex 26 yet I'm not sure if I grasp its certain meaning .

How you see 34 in general or in this particular reading ?

How about you take some leadership of your study group instead of just waiting passively. Hex 5 is about waiting with a sense of making your self available for what ever it is you are waiting for and 34 is very active energy. I think that is your 5.4 get out of the pit............ Enjoy and make the process positive and constructive (5.5) while you are waiting for input from your tutor.

The power of 34 has to be a "constant harvest" in other words not just a quick burst.......

The other issue here is you are not at school and you really are supposed to take control of your own studies and not expect to be fed. This pro-active approach to studying will also fare you well in future work both in terms of it looking good on your newly hatched CV and also in terms of maturing your head.

I think Soooo's pix tell a good story (just wish the 5 didn't have to be an almost naked chick but hell he's a boy....:D)

Last edited:
S

sooo

I think Soooo's pix tell a good story (just wish the 5 didn't have to be an almost naked chick but hell he's a boy....:D)

Pretty young woman inconsequential, and I'm a 66 yo man, not a boy. But if it makes you feel any better...

dog-food-meditating-dog-small-27457.jpg

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
:rofl: laughing with Sooo's pics . well, maybe .... I'm over-anxious about this because I need an A or A- and till now the tutor is kind of absent. My first degree , that I use it to negotiate for a good placement had I high GPA so I don't want to ruin that image with a lower grade. ...I know.. I know... :blush:

I see what you say about 34 .

CC, what you said , make me reconsider the things i have planned NOT to include in my daily schedule , things I really enjoy to do but they take a lot of my time. Guess a little adjustment is important.

Lucia, I get what you say. Actually I'm ahead re the formal study's plan but what doesn't work till now is the lecturing part. Fellow students have the same complains, however we help each other in the FB group. We share book titles, articles and other resources that can add some more to the topics discussed in the text book .

I asked yesterday about the formal study group too and got 44>40 and somehow I see what you say in that reading too.

thank you ,all ,for your words and images :)

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
was looking at the hexagram and reminds me of hex 11 and the positions of the trigrams.
Seems that ,as in 11, the trigrams are in the 'wrong" place. Could we say that creativity ( h1) has not find its voice(34) yet ? Thunder is hide behind heaven, and maybe it hasn't find his way-out ?

If you put the trigrams in the opposite way we get h25. the feel of 25 is quite different form 34.

what do you think ?

S

sooo

What comes to my mind is the difference between tirelessness (1) and rambunctiousness (34). Also the direction each moves in, 1 is upward, 34 is outward, or explosiveness. Not always a bad thing, this explosiveness, but it requires preparation, making the space and time for it, or else it becomes potentially destructive to other created entities. In 25, the potential explosion is contained by the creative, so everything happens at the appointed time, nature is released, um, naturally, and no one or thing is injured in the process. To me, all these different effects are determined according to ti-ming, and time is a function of 1. Even 25.6's disaster is a result of poor use of power and timing, it is rambunctious innocence, which is why it is directed to the change of 17, where the upper trigram changes from Lake to Heaven, resulting in 25.

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
Explosiveness is a nice words for 34 ! and what you say about constructive and destructive forces makes more clear 34 to me. Will keep it in mind .

Thank you

anemos

visitor
Reaction score
I came across of this old thread today and thought to give some feedback.

H34 was the "problem", i.e. how to transform this power to a useful force working towards my advance.

the 44>40 group, the formal one, never worked. After some attempts by myself and two other persons and some formal complains to the providers-with no effect- decided to stop trying and release myself emotionally. The tutor was inadequate (compared to other ones in the same module) and as we were informed later it was her last module so she didn't pour herself in and that was the reason my peers didn't bother either to participate.

the 5>34 group-my study group-was a real pleasure !!! H5's text describes the sentiment of our cooperation-mine as well as my study buddies too- and although it's been a year we finished that module and have no common modules currently, we email and skype very often and we have a nice friendship.

I found h34 critical and extremely helpful. It "forces" one to choose how to utilize that energy. While the bad service was something we had paid for, after a while it was a waste of time to make any change and that energy was more important to be used in a more constructive way. So that choice, to go out of that pit by working with my study buddies was the right thing to do.

thanks again to those helped me here.

Last edited:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).