...life can be translucent

Menu

Help with Hexagram 1.5.6

jemoceans

visitor
Reaction score
Dear I Ching Community,
I am a new member, this is my first post, and I would appreciate any insights you can share with me. I asked the I Ching about the potential of a relationship, specifically, of a friendship turning into a love relationship. I feel that there is a strong attraction between us since we met but now this friend is ending a long relationship and I know I should neither interfere nor express my feelings. I am also afraid that I am projecting too much and that my friend does not feel “love” (in my way) for me. I asked about this whole issue several times during the last six months and the last answer I got was hexagram 1 with lines 5 and 6 changing. A week before I had got the same hexagram but with lines 1 and 6 changing. I also wonder if the I Ching is telling me I am asking too much or that I am having an arrogant attitude.
I thank you all in advance for sharing your views with me. Best wishes,
jemoceans

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Can this friendship turn into a love relationship?
1.5.6 > 34

Welcome to Clarity, jemoceans. If we take hexagram 1 as the energy of relationship and lines 5 and 6 as your friend's ending relationship, then something new can be brought into being. The Judgment recommends perseverance, the Image action, and the resulting hexagram struggle, so you will need to give expression to your feelings. Line 6 implies you need to know your limits but doesn't imply that the friend is out of reach. Bradford's commentary is helpful: "He is proud to be a dragon and has every right to be so."

jemoceans

visitor
Reaction score
Dear pocossin,
Many thanks for your kind reply, you gave me a new perspective and also hope :)
I had not interpreted lines 5 and 6 as my friend’s ending relationship but as my own attitude towards the I Ching (as arrogance because I had asked about this relationship several times). The fact that you read the hexagram as the energy of the relationship is reassuring because I thought it could be related to my own projections or wishful thinking.
I really appreciate your insight. All the best,
jemoceans

white owl

visitor
Reaction score
"What is the best way to approach my friend about the feelings I have for him or her can be a good question to ask too, because I think

also within this casting its saying, you need to contemplate a lil more to become more armored & prepared.

Develop a little more detailed plan.. meaning just think a little more about the setting, surroundings, most importantly words that you will use for expression.

Find balance without flying to high with expression..so then the next hex softly becomes devoted 2.

jemoceans

visitor
Reaction score
Dear white owl,
Many thanks for your reply. I followed your advice and asked: which is the best way to approach my friend about the feelings I have for him? And the answer was 6.1.5 > 38. My first reaction was “Ok. I should definitely back off, the environment is obviously hostile. I would be imposing my feelings on an unwilling ‘partner’” but then I read more carefully line 5 and it seems to suggest the opposite... that I should go forward to meet my friend and that “all obstacles will be removed”. As always, it is hard for me to understand the moving lines... If I had not looked at the image and judgment of that line I would have certainly interpreted the answer as a call for “abstinence” and calm. I will appreciate your insight because I am really confused!! Many thanks again for your attention and time,
jemoceans

white owl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jemoceans,

Hex 6.1 is telling you don't overreact or try not to overact if he says something you do not like..alot of times if there is already hard feelings between the two, you cannot just expect them to give into your sorry or confessions. It has to be on the other persons time as well , too. But it has to start somewhere.

Hex 6.5 Be yourself. In the end you are the same. You will be okay.

I think you should do this for at least sanity sake and let the chips fall where they may, right.? and have patience.

WO

Last edited:

jemoceans

visitor
Reaction score
Dear white owl,
Thank you again for your reply. I admit it took me a while to understand your advice... If I understood, you also interpreted that I might give expression to my feelings, right? I also admit that I am a bit scared and I fear his reaction, but I also agree with you, it’s a question of sanity! I wanted to ask you a very last question: what do you mean by “in the end you are the same”?
Kind regards,
jemoceans

white owl

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Jemoceans,

Asking Yi the second question helped to determine where & how high, the dragon should fly. The focus is on not having to much expectations or forcing feelings of togetherness or feelings of like-mindness..especially if there has been hard feelings.

Say what you have to say, give a hug & let it go.

Explanation of what I meant on you will be okay is..often times we have alot of fears that take over. What will happen? Will I survive? Can I go on? The answer is yes, you will survive and you can go on, no matter what. You will still be you & you will be okay. Try to find peace within. WO

jemoceans

visitor
Reaction score
Dear white owl,
I am very thankful to you for your help. Things have got a bit more complicated these last days, mostly between my friend and his (ex?)mate, so I will be patient... I think know it is the wisest thing to do. All my best wishes,
jemoceans

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).