...life can be translucent

Menu

Love Quandry - What to do?

trueblue

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm at a crossroads and could really use some feedback. I've recently started dating someone whom I like a lot and could see building a future with. We've had a great time together so far, he's been consistent and treats me very well, and has many of the qualities I've been looking for. He's made it clear that he is strongly interested and me and is thinking of it as the start of a long term relationship (I'll refer to this guy as J.)

A few weeks ago I was contacted out of the blue by an ex-boyfriend from a few years back. Things with him didn't end horribly, although there was a lot of disappointment on my end when it ended because I felt like he never tried very hard to work through our issues. He has been wanting to spend time together again, says he has done a lot of self examination since we broke up and has changed (to his credit, it seems like he has changed at least somewhat for the better), and would like to give things another shot with us. I had incredibly strong feelings for him that could easily come back if we spend more time together. However, he has a history of addiction and has not always been the most stable or reliable person (I'll refer to this guy as X).

I don't know what to do! I have not been seeing J for very long, so although I have some emotional attachment I would not say I'm completely sold on him yet. X and I have a great connection and a lot of history, but I've always been on the fence about whether he'd be a good long term partner.

I asked the I ching:

Please paint me a picture of the long term potential of a romantic relationship between J and I. I got 42 Increase unchanging.

Then I asked:

Please paint me a picture of the long term potential of a romantic relationship between X and I. I got 7.4 The Army changing into 40 Deliverance.

Please feel free to offer any and all insights!

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Please paint me a picture of the long term potential of a romantic relationship between J and I.
42 unchanging

Increase is auspicious for action. I think you should get to know J better before deciding.

Please paint me a picture of the long term potential of a romantic relationship between X and I.
7.4 > 40

The army retreating or withdrawing to camp suggests you will repeat the previous cycle with X and once again be released. What is best for you depends on how much stability you want in life.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).