...life can be translucent

Menu

Humiliation in 3.1.3 > 29, 47.4 > 29 and 45.1.3 > 49

ddream

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all,

I met a man two weeks ago. We have seen each other four times so far. He texts me almost everyday. The communication has been 50/50 so far I would say. Sometimes, it's him who contacts me first. Other times, it's me. He's gentle with me. He likes to cuddle, to hold my hand and to give me soft kisses. He keeps telling me I'm beautiful. He calls me "sweets" and "sweetie".

Anyway, we saw each other Friday. I was off for the day and so was he. So, I was at his place at 2. When I got there, we talked a little bit. He said he was off on Monday also. I said I wasn’t, but he said I could call sick and then I could sleep over on Sunday. I don’t know if he was serious or not when he said that, but he looked like he was. I didn't tell him yes or no. I figured we would talk about it again at the end of the evening. He kept hugging me and kissing me, but didn't push for more. There were no make out session either really. We ended up being intimate, but it's not because he pushed me into it. He kept asking if I was sure I was ready and I said I was. Afterward, we decided to go grab some pizza. It was around 4 at that point. He still acted liked he cared. He held my hand in the car. Then, we rented two movies. We went back to his place and cuddled again while watching the movies. But here’s my problem. After the first movie, I kind of asked him where we were standing. I said: "What if I want to delete my profile?" (I'm on a dating Website and that's where we met.) He said: "It's up to you. I didn't check my profile since we met." I said: "What if I don't want to meet anybody else right now?" He said: "Don't do it then!" I said I didn't like to see multiple people at the same time. He said: "I didn't think you would ask me that today. I'm surprise." He said he wasn’t seeing anyone else, that he enjoyed spending time with me and still wants to see me, but wants to go slow and doesn’t want to say it's a relationship right away. It kind of turned me off a little bit. I was more distant while watching the second movie. He asked me multiple times if I was okay and I pretended I was, but I think he could he I wasn’t. He kept cuddling and holding my hand. He walked to my car when I left too. We kissed goodbye and hugged. He said he would text me the following day, but he ended up texted me when I got home. He said "Good night sweets!" and I said "Good night babe! Sorry about my change of mood. Have fun tomorrow night. I'm sure you'll look amazing in your suit!" (He had his Christmas Party last night) He asked me: "Everything good though" I said: "I was just thinking too much. Don't worry babe! ;) Anyway, I'm off to bed. Have a good sleep! :)" It ended with him: "Good night! :)"

So, now, I'm kind of worried. We haven't contacted each other yesterday, but I know he was busy with his Christmas Party at work. He wanted to invite him, but there were no tickets left. Even his mother told me that. (I had to meet his family already because he lives with them. He mentioned me to them before even meeting me. So, I pretty much met all of them the other day (father, mother, sisters, brother in-law) and they all already knew about me.) I don't know if I should contact him or wait for him to contact me at this point. I don't want to be the one to contact him first. I want him to contact me first. Because I want to see that he's still interested.

I asked a few questions to the I Ching and all the readings talk about humiliation. I don't know how interpret that. Maybe it's referring to me not wanting to be the first to contact, like an ego thing? I don't know... I just think it's funny that all my readings mention humiliation in them.

Will he contact me first today? 3.1.3 > 29

If a person encounters a hindrance at the beginning of an enterprise, he must not try to force advance but must pause and take thought. However, nothing should put him off his course; he must persevere and constantly keep the goal in sight. It is important to seek out the right assistants, but he can find them only if he avoids arrogance and associated with his fellows in a spirit of humility. Only then will he attract those with whose help he can combat the difficulties.

If a man tries to hunt in a strange forest and has no guide, he loses his way. When he finds himself in difficulties he must not try to steal out of them unthinkingly and without guidance. Fate cannot be duped; premature effort, without the necessary guidance, ends in failure and disgrace. Therefore the superior man, discerning the seeds of coming events, prefers to renounce a wish rather than to provoke failure and humiliation by trying to force its fulfillment.

What will happen between us today? 47.4 > 29

A well-to-do man sees the need of the lower classes and would like very much to be of help. But instead of proceeding with speed and energy where their is need, he begins in a hesitant and measured way. Then he encounters obstructions. Powerful and wealthy acquaintances draw him into their circle; he has to do as they do and cannot withdraw from them. Hence he finds himself in great embarrassment. But the trouble is transitory. The original strength of his nature offsets the mistake he has made, and the goal is reached.

What should I do: contact him or wait for him to contact me? 45.1.3 > 49

The situation is this: People desire to gather around a leader to whom they look up. But they are in a large group, by which they allow themselves to be influenced, so that they waver in their decision. Thus they lack a firm center around which to gather. But if expression is given to this need, and if they call for help, one grasp of the hand from the leader is enough to turn away all distress. Therefore they must not allow themselves to be led astray. It is undoubtedly right that they should attach themselves to this leader.

Often a man feels an urge to unite with others, but the individuals around him have already formed themselves into a group, so that he remains isolated. The whole situation proves untenable. Then he ought to choose the way of progress, resolutely allying himself with a man who stands nearer to the center of the group, and can help him to gain admission to the closed circle. This is not a mistake, even though at first his position as an outsider is somewhat humiliating.

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Will he contact me first today?
3.1.3 > 29

Probably everything is already known, but "Difficulty at the Beginning" and '1. Hesitation and hindrance' suggest no.

What will happen between us today?
47.4 > 29

The spark went out when he did not offer the same commitment you did. The hexagrams are inauspicious.

What should I do: contact him or wait for him to contact me?
45.1.3 > 49

Line 1 says "Going is without blame" suggesting that a call from you would be appropriate.

ddream

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks, pocossin. I decided to text him yesterday morning around 10: "Hi babe! How was your party last night? I saw your pic on Facebook. You looked awesome! Are you busy today? " He replied 2 hours later: "Hey good morning!" I asked again: "Hi handsome! How was the party? " He said right away: "It was okay." He sent another one 2 sec later: "How was your evening?" I said: "It was good. I went out with friends. How come your party was just okay? I thought you looked really nice. Too bad I wasn't able to see it in person." Then I waited about 20 min and I added: "If I take the day off tomorrow and go to the #####, would you be interested to come with me? " I asked this question because he originally told me he was off Monday and said I should call in sick and sleep over on Sunday. Well, he didn't reply. Honestly, he kept telling me he really liked me and was really interested in me. Even when I told him I wanted to wait and make sure he was really interested in me before going any further, he texted me when I got home that night: "You are super sexy and, yes, I am really interested in you baby." I guess I just feel stupid that I trusted his words.

Anyway, I asked if were were going to see each other again and I got 23.5 > 20. It doesn't seem line a bad moving line, but I'm not sure it means we'll see each other again. Advantages in every way and The time of remaining still is past. It is advantageous to move in any direction

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Are we were going to see each other again?
23.5 > 20

"Splitting Apart" suggests you won't date again unless you made a good impression on his sisters (the court ladies) and they encourage him to it. Hexagram 20 suggests from a distance.

ddream

visitor
Reaction score
Are we were going to see each other again?
23.5 > 20

"Splitting Apart" suggests you won't date again unless you made a good impression on his sisters (the court ladies) and they encourage him to it. Hexagram 20 suggests from a distance.

Really? Interesting. I didn't see it that way, but I guess that could be an option. He told me his sisters thought I was really pretty. That's the only thing he mentioned to me. So, I don't really know what they think. Plus, haven't really talked with them. We said hello and that was pretty much it. His mother and I talked a little bit though. Not that much, but maybe she's part of the reading as well? Anyhow, thanks for your interpretation. It's a different approach I really didn't think about. So far still no reply from him.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).