...life can be translucent

Menu

2012 - 8.2>29 - Something to look forward to?

Reaction score
This was what I cast for 2012!.....:eek: Well, I know where I will be next New Years :hide:. 8.2 seems great, and then wretched 29 :freak:... I interpreted this as meaning not to get lost in relationships, although I have to admit, I am afraid it is foretelling catastrophe. I have tended to be very accommodating, and do have a tendency to lose myself a little in the other person, and line 2 certainly sounds like that idea could fit. Perhaps this is just saying don't do that in 2012, or will end up in a 29 spot. Any thoughts or experience with 8, line 2 of 8, or 29 greatly appreciated as always. I included the text I used below. Also, I thought that this may relate to me possibly having to move back to NJ, something I do not want to do. I intend on staying in Seattle. So, I asked

"What is it I need to know about me staying in Seattle?" and I got 8.4 > 45

I've read this may be auspicious for partnership:). Does anyone know if it is? Sure sounds like it.

Thanks again! :bows:

From the Wilhelm-Baynes translation of “The I Ching or Book of Changes“

Hexagram 8

HOLDING TOGETHER brings good fortune.
Inquire of the oracle once again
Whether you possess sublimity, constancy, and perseverance;
Then there is no blame.
Those who are uncertain gradually join.
Whoever comes too late
Meets with misfortune.

Six in the second place means:
Hold to him inwardly.
Perseverance brings good fortune.

If a person responds perseveringly and in the right way to the behests from above that summon him to action, his relations with others are intrinsic and he does not lose himself. But if a man seeks association with others as if he were an obsequious office hunter, he throws himself away. He does not follow the path of the superior man, who never loses his dignity.

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
I think it means you will have an opportunity to join either with another person or with a group and that it will be one of those things where you have to go through it to find out what it is all about. I was reading just today about 29 and how it's about about keeping going when you don't have a clue what you are doing. It reminded me of playing a Mario Cart game for the first time recently (whilst very um jolly shall we say) and I had no idea what I was doing who was going where, what was up or down or which direction I was meant to be going or what was happening along the way. But friends keep saying "keep going keep going" so I did and even when I'd crashed they'd say 'keep going' and I did and somehow managed to finish before the other player. It was stressful and disorienting but I got through it. So hopefully if you are going to have some sort of experience with others that will leave you unsure of yourself, just remember to keep going. :hug:

PS oh yes, the counsel is definitely not to lose your sense of self when entering relationships with other people - that may very well be your challenge

Reaction score
Thank you Anemos :). I am so glad you do not see impending doom here. And thank you Precision Grace. I love your analogy with 29 and Mario Kart. Great game! I'm like a blind driver on there as well, but it is fun, and I do usually do alright myself. That is a great way to look at 29! I don't think I will ever see it the same way again. I feel so much better about it now, and at least I can be prepared if it is a little nerve wracking. Maybe even have some fun with it. And, yes, although it will be a challenge for sure, I will not let myself get so wrapped up in a relationship again, nor will I settle for a relationship that lacks true intimacy. I do think this is what the casting is talking about. I had this stay, but stay over there thing going on with men. Now that the wave of terror that came with 29 has passed I can feel my intuition, and my gut feeling on it is, "This has to do with men, and your going to meet a great one. And they will acually want a serious relationship. Don't get lost in it. Don't panic and shut them out either." Well, 5's a charm ;). Oh, wait. I mean 6. 6's a charm :blush:. Well, whatever. Big Mistake. Huge. New Life's Resolution! No more all consuming romances that have no real substance end up destroying my whole life! :rofl: Thanks again :hug:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).