...life can be translucent

Menu

53.6>39 New Place!

Reaction score
I hope I am not overposting... I have so many important decisions coming up, and want to make the best decisions possible. Moving has moved uup on the list of priorities, so I checked out a place in the area that is looking for a new roommate, and the people are super nice. They all seem very positive and spiritually healthy. Great house too with a great view. The room for me is nice and big. It is a little more than I was looking to spend on rent but doable. I checked with the IC. I asked "What should I consider about moving in with X?" and got 53.6>39. This line seems to be the subject of debate. Does anyone know what this means. And I was surprised to see 39 there. Is this hinting at some kind of unforeseen obstacle. I would really like to move in there as soon as possible, so would love to hear what you all think to help me make a dcision as quickly as possible. Does anyone know how to interpret this? Thanks in advance:)
:bows:DWF:bows:

cris

visitor
Reaction score
Startling combination indeed! All sources seem however to agree on the auspiciousness of the line. It is particularly appropriate as a reply to your question: the wild goose's journey is over, the destination has been reached. You can finally settle! You shouldn't however be hasty: hex 53 requires gradual progress. Do all the necessary checks before making your final decision. This could be the admonishment of hex 39.

Good luck :)

Reaction score
Thanks Cris:)! I had a feeling you would post here and have been keeping an eye out for that frustrated orange cat banging his cute little head on the wall... Yes, it seems auspicious, doesn't it. And, I cast this twice for the same place! So, highly relevant as well. You're thinking is in line with mine... I also think if the IC is saying,"Gradually you are progressing. You've found a great place. But, you've still got a whole lot more to deal with. Don't rush it." We were hoping I could move in for Jan. but Feb. 1 is looking more realistic. Could also be pointing out all the other stuff I have going on, and if I go moving in tomorrow it would be an obstacle. Take some time to pack, sort out the job issues, and then get going. And the money issues... That savings account is looking very 41ish. Ok, so there are a few obstacles to work through:blush:. But, they are being resolved. As the IC has brought to our attention, it will take a little time, and I do have some plans in place to take care of all this. I think it will work out well. I'll find a way to make it work. Some of the other places I've checked out were downright scary:eek:. The one man looking for a roommate for him and his lady seemed like he was on like 6 different drugs. It's slim pickins out there, so I don't want to miss out on this opportunity either. I'll keep you posted:). Thanks again Cris. I really appreciate your patience, attention, and insights.:bows:

gato

visitor
Reaction score
i don't think you are going to move . progress is stopped, it's the last line of 53

Reaction score
Thank you Gato:)... I appreciate your input here, but I sure hope you are wrong. I can guarantee you I will be moving sometime between now and March. My lease in the apartment I'm in will be up, and my roommates and I will all be going separate ways. I really like the place I checked out so, like I said, I hope you are wrong... But, I think I see what you mean. I'm not that familiar with this approach for reading the lines. Because it is the sixth line so progress has reached an end... Could that possibly mean the search for a place has reached an end, and the obstacle will be moving in? Could 39 be the background here even? Like you have had a lot of obstacles and now you have found a good place to stay... My gut feeling on this is it is the right place, and that I will move in there. But, I'm curious about your take on this and the whole 53.6>39. It is a very interesting line, don't you think. It sounds phenomenal and then, 39... Which, although it describes obstruction says, according to the Wilhelm-Baynes translation

The hexagram represents obstructions that appear in the course of time but that can and should be overcome. Therefore all the instruction given is directed to overcoming them.

In such a situation it is wise to pause in view of the danger and to retreat. However, this is merely a preparation for overcoming the obstructions.

Hmmmm... Well, you certainly got me thinking. I think the only logical thing to do here is another reading! Lets see what the IC reveals about the scheduled move in date of Feb 1.

I asked the IC, "What do I need to see about the scheduled move in date?" and got 29.4>47. Anyone have any ideas on this one? Seems to be some controversy to it's meaning. I read a good thread on this in Exploring Divination. Some people seem to feel distrust is a key element here... That doesn't bode well for a solid move date... May also have something to do with receiving help with the move or needing to take the initiative to get things done... The imagery of the line even sounds like a move a little to me, with eathenware being passed through a window. 47 here is curious. The image is of a tree surrounded by walls.

Pocossin mentioned in an old post

In The 36 Stratagems, hexagram 29 is blooms on branches (solid lines branches, broken lines blooms).

And 47 is a tree surrounded by walls. I wonder if the answer is visual related to tree imagery.

I would take this to mean I will be moving because of the imagery, but I could certaily understand seeing this another way. Also, I have been looking forward to having my own space and a little isolation. I'm by no means sure on what this means though... Any thoughts on this are more than welcome!:bows:

Last edited:

cris

visitor
Reaction score
I can't help reading 29.4 as a literal reference to moving (using buckets, bringing things in through windows...) and hex 47 as the final outcome (having four walls around you!).

Reaction score
Thank you, Cris:)! Oh good. Phew... I really liked the way the IC handled that one! Impressive! Yes, I feel like the Yi is being visual as well... the more I look at it, the more I think the IC is just showing me actually moving in there. It is in my nature to overanalyze, and sometimes the meaning gets lost in the process, regardless of how obvious it is:blush:. Woohoo! I've been trying to pay more attention to the imagery in the IC, and I think this is one of the first ones I've really picked up on such a clearly visual message with ease. I feel kind of exhilerated and relieved by the experience:). Gato, thank you again for that take on this because it certainly is a valid point. Especially with 39 in there, I have my concerns about the move, and everything has kind of been up in the air. And now we have this great follow up reading to give a better picture of what is going on here. I hope it is indeed saying I'll be moving Feb 1st.
Thanks again Everyone,
:bows:Dancing White Ferret:bows:

gato

visitor
Reaction score
i always say, do what you feel is right and use yi just to see things from another perspective.
as for the the second reading don't be in a hurry, keep your eyes open and bring everything to the light

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).