...life can be translucent

Menu

44>33

thatguy

visitor
Reaction score
These seem almost contradictory. I asked the I Ching about my situation with a young lady I am friendly with and feel a certain je ne sais quois. This answer seemed apropos and also a tad confusing. The changing line mentions turning the cauldron upside down and a pregnant womb. The later has cooled me out a little. If anyone has an opinion to offer it would be appreciated.

A

anon1

You give so little of yourself and the thoughts and feelings that you have in this situation.

I cannot help.

The Yijing is not a lookup book.

It is a deep conversation with you.

Too little of you here. I cannot help.

Sorry.

willow

visitor
Reaction score
Dear Thatguy,

44 "Coming to meet" is the approach of a powerful, erotic force that, if you are to survive/profit from the encounter, you must come to terms with from your most honest, deepest self.

33 "Retreat" is the gathering up and active moving of that which is most essential of/to/for your - and the safe course of retreat is found again by the most scrupulously honesty and direct and open, engaged awareness of the conditions around you.

The second hexagram (33) can be seen as the context of the first. It doesn't have to be seen as the result or the outcome, or in any sort of action-relationship with it.

As Anon1 picks up, at first impression, your outlook is a bit close-to-the-vest and self protective. But "a certain je ne sais quois" - that seems pretty clear! I would suggest the Yi is saying something like, "The energy within the spark you feel between you is a serious force - respect that. Don't act just on the signals you think you're getting from her (like 'go for it' or 'slow down') - that's too superficial for this situation. The trick is to also pay attention to what part of YOU is tuned in to the signals. Someone is coming to meet you. Who are they meeting?

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).