...life can be translucent

Menu

what are we meant to each other? 11.2.3>24

yiyione

visitor
Reaction score
ex and I recently have recontacted each other, so want to know what exact is it between us. I asked,

what are we meant to each other? 11.2.3>24

11.2. in Karcher's translation, "alone... the people you now identify with will disappear, but there is no other choice." this sounds more like separation and not uniting.

11.3. difficult time but a transition. going through the hardship. rejoin again. Is it with the actual person or more like finding the balance within myself?

I feel this reading can be seen in two opposite directions. please help!
two people is uniting like heave meets earth. they work together to solve some problems. in the transition, there would be ups and downs. through the transition, there is a turning point and a renewal.

11.2.3 means that this connection just will keep going downwards and moving away from each other, so in hex24 each other returns to the self.

i would love to know more about the experience and the energy 11.2.3.
has anyone experienced11.2.3 in the relationship or connection?
Please help me read this.
thanx!:rofl:

Last edited:

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Umm - your language is a bit unclear, is your question
"Are we meant for each other?" or "What do we mean to each other?" or "What DID we mean to each other?"

( or "Why are we mean to each other?" )

maverickcc

visitor
Reaction score
Is this what you got ?
 ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄  
 ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄  
 ▄▄ ▄▄    ▄▄ ▄▄ 
 ▄▄▄▄▄ O->  ▄▄ ▄▄ 
 ▄▄▄▄▄ O->  ▄▄ ▄▄ 
 ▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄ 

maverickcc

visitor
Reaction score
You have been known each other for quite a long time.
Both of you satisfy with the relations yet a little bit boring.
Even you break up, you still can not forget each other.
But I think you still do not take the relation seriously to turn into marriage.
The contradiction part is that your effort of change will lead to no positive and no negative result, which make you hard to move on or turn back.

yiyione

visitor
Reaction score
The contradiction part is that your effort of change will lead to no positive and no negative result, which make you hard to move on or turn back.

your words make me think and reflect a lot. thanks!

yes. we have been known each other for years.
it is interesting what you say that both are satisfied with the relationship, but also feel bored. because we both desired freedom and were unable to give commitment to each other and the long-distance condition, we broke up. i cut off the whole contact for a year or so and then re-opened the contact. we have been on and off contacts. several times, he told about his heart still feels pain about the long-distance condition and our break-up. Mostly time i was mad at him about what he did.

in the recent one, he called me soulmate and lover. this time i felt sorry to blame him all the time about the 3 years old issues, and admitted that i also have some issues and problems. this is the first time that i feel i can sympathise what and why he did and am willing to get closer to him again.

however, where can this connection go? I am not sure. I guess he is also not sure.

For our situations, we are different nationalities. we met in his country years ago. and then we both moved away separately. currently both live in the country different from each's nationality. he asked me before where I will be next year. i told him that i have no idea depend on where i can get a job and career. he is also not sure he will move back to his country or stay in where he is now.

if we were get serious, we would need to change a lot of our life courses, locations, and many practical issues. Even before these practical issues, we need to remedy the wounds and misunderstandings between us and see if we are still able to walk together.

I feel there are something unsolved from the past between us, and something still there which sometimes makes me scared (i guess also him as well) because I am not sure how to do about it. particularly about the practical issues, if we were getting serious, both would need to make very firm steps to make it work.

I feel it is like a gamble. shall i get into this gamble game? I feel i have been back and forth, join or not. even though now we are getting older and maybe know a little bit more about our lives,for me this just feels like the similar situation in the past. (this reminded me hex 29 that i got a lot in the past. and now i gradually understand why yijing gave me hex 29 around those times).

yiyione

visitor
Reaction score

Would you please explain me more your reading to the iching text? thanks.
11.2 that the friend disappears refers to the separation and breakup between me and ex?
11.3 changes to 24.3. do you read like this?
24.3 "repeatedly strays... the grass is greener elsewhere... flirting with temptation...."(Balkin's translation). does this make you say that we are a little bit bored to each other and do not take the relation seriously?

you said make us "hard to move on or turn back"? is it because that hex 24 also refers to cyclical movement?

thank you:bows:

yiyione

visitor
Reaction score
your words make me think and reflect a lot. thanks!

yes. we have been known each other for years.
it is interesting what you say that both are satisfied with the relationship, but also feel bored. because we both desired freedom and were unable to give commitment to each other and the long-distance condition, we broke up. i cut off the whole contact for a year or so and then re-opened the contact. we have been on and off contacts. several times, he told about his heart still feels pain about the long-distance condition and our break-up. Mostly time i was mad at him about what he did.

in the recent one, he called me soulmate and lover. this time i felt sorry to blame him all the time about the 3 years old issues, and admitted that i also have some issues and problems. this is the first time that i feel i can sympathise what and why he did and am willing to get closer to him again.

however, where can this connection go? I am not sure. I guess he is also not sure.

For our situations, we are different nationalities. we met in his country years ago. and then we both moved away separately. currently both live in the country different from each's nationality. he asked me before where I will be next year. i told him that i have no idea depend on where i can get a job and career. he is also not sure he will move back to his country or stay in where he is now.

if we were get serious, we would need to change a lot of our life courses, locations, and many practical issues. Even before these practical issues, we need to remedy the wounds and misunderstandings between us and see if we are still able to walk together.

I feel there are something unsolved from the past between us, and something still there which sometimes makes me scared (i guess also him as well) because I am not sure how to do about it. particularly about the practical issues, if we were getting serious, both would need to make very firm steps to make it work.

I feel it is like a gamble. shall i get into this gamble game? I feel i have been back and forth, join or not. even though now we are getting older and maybe know a little bit more about our lives,for me this just feels like the similar situation in the past. (this reminded me hex 29 that i got a lot in the past. and now i gradually understand why yijing gave me hex 29 around those times).

I am not sure if it is a good question, but i ask
"what if I get into this 'gamble' game? I get 38.1.2.4>23

Does iching mean this,
38 about going through the misunderstandings and the differences between people.
38.1. let misunderstanding sort themselves out at their own pace. if people truly belong with you, they will eventually return.
38.2 let things naturally grow. open to chance, other possibilities and other people. only by this way, i will meet the "lord".
In 38.4 you meet "a person of fundamental maturity"(not ex, someone else) and together you can overcome difficulties.

Does iching mean that I shall NOT go into this gamble, just let it be without any force and involvement?

thank you!

Last edited:

maverickcc

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Yiyione:

Thank you for your detail feedback.

I was surprised that you are female. From your first question, you got Hex 11 with 2 lines changed. Besides of Hex 11 itself, you should focus on the upper changed line, which describes your "locally" environment.

11.3, I did not think you got the meaning. The result should be: difficult, no fault. You can understand as no good, no bad.

For 38.1.2.4>23, you are right. From which gives you that you will have different futures and can not last for ever.

Best wishes.

I am not sure if it is a good question, but i ask
"what if I get into this 'gamble' game? I get 38.1.2.4>23

Does iching mean this,
38 about going through the misunderstandings and the differences between people.
38.1. let misunderstanding sort themselves out at their own pace. if people truly belong with you, they will eventually return.
38.2 let things naturally grow. open to chance, other possibilities and other people. only by this way, i will meet the "lord".
In 38.4 you meet "a person of fundamental maturity"(not ex, someone else) and together you can overcome difficulties.

Does iching mean that I shall NOT go into this gamble, just let it be without any force and involvement?

thank you!

yiyione

visitor
Reaction score
Hi Yiyione:

Thank you for your detail feedback.

I was surprised that you are female. From your first question, you got Hex 11 with 2 lines changed. Besides of Hex 11 itself, you should focus on the upper changed line, which describes your "locally" environment.

11.3, I did not think you got the meaning. The result should be: difficult, no fault. You can understand as no good, no bad.

For 38.1.2.4>23, you are right. From which gives you that you will have different futures and can not last for ever.

Best wishes.

ha! i am very:D curious what makes you thought i m NOT female ?? :rofl:
after your explaining, now i gradually understand how to read 11.3.
thanks for the confirmation of my reading on 38.1.2.4>23. this one is my first time that I think I totally get what iching means!

and I ask the other question: what if I do NOT get into this gamble game? I got 8.5>2
for seeking the union, i think 8.5 is a very nice line.
If I am reading it right, 8.5 is very firm confirmation that I should just keep going on my own life (without ex), being positive, and work on my personal growth.
let my strength shine through to others. "those whom you are meant to associate with will naturally be drawn to you. Bonds of trust and fellowship will grow naturally over time. together you will achieve great things"(balkin's translation).

best
:bows:

maverickcc

visitor
Reaction score
Normally, the explain of reading should be done based face to face talk, the gender will not be a problem. To analyse the gender of the invisible person based on the result is not included in my text book. I just try to test my own method. However, I think it is not good to display the result related to one's privacy, before they willing to say.

Even though you are female, I think you are always full of confidence and of leadership quality.

The Hex 8 has two properties: If you are "weak", it always means help; if you are "strong", it will become "rob". You may notice the Hex 8.5 is the only solid line in Hex 8, which indicates the strongest property of the whole Hex. You will get fortune only if you will not be that strong. Based on your question, think for 3 seconds before you start (to say or to do something). Others, with 100% power, do 80% work.

Best.

ha! i am very:D curious what makes you thought i m NOT female ?? :rofl:
after your explaining, now i gradually understand how to read 11.3.
thanks for the confirmation of my reading on 38.1.2.4>23. this one is my first time that I think I totally get what iching means!

and I ask the other question: what if I do NOT get into this gamble game? I got 8.5>2
for seeking the union, i think 8.5 is a very nice line.
If I am reading it right, 8.5 is very firm confirmation that I should just keep going on my own life (without ex), being positive, and work on my personal growth.
let my strength shine through to others. "those whom you are meant to associate with will naturally be drawn to you. Bonds of trust and fellowship will grow naturally over time. together you will achieve great things"(balkin's translation).

best
:bows:

yiyione

visitor
Reaction score
after your observation, I noticed that in the both readings of 11.2.3 and 38.1.2.4, the changing lines are all male/yang!! and in 8.5 I also got the changing line of male/yang.
I am surprised by this!

I guess this says something about the way I am dealing with the relationship specifically, and maybe also who I am or how I interact with the external world in the more general aspects of the life.
yes, usually people see me very confident and being leader in my field, even though I may actually feel uncertain within myself. this makes me more curious about your method!

about 8.5>2.
Can you explain me more where the implication of the weak and strong in hex 8 and its iching text? I am very new to iching and only know that,
hex 2 means more ying/female energy that is more receptive and responsive.
the only yang line(8.5) changes to the all ying/female lines in the receptive (hex 2).
you said that "You will get fortune only if you will not be that strong."
is it because 8.5 changes to 2.5?
8.5 is the "leadership" of the union because of the only yang/male line.
2.5 is middle-way, low-key approach, a path of moderation. be respectful of others.
So, hex2 can be a suggestion to my current situation shown hex8? Is it the way you read it?

Can you say a little bit more about what you mean " Based on your question, think for 3 seconds before you start (to say or to do something). Others, with 100% power, do 80% work."

thanx. :bows:

Normally, the explain of reading should be done based face to face talk, the gender will not be a problem. To analyse the gender of the invisible person based on the result is not included in my text book. I just try to test my own method. However, I think it is not good to display the result related to one's privacy, before they willing to say.

Even though you are female, I think you are always full of confidence and of leadership quality.

The Hex 8 has two properties: If you are "weak", it always means help; if you are "strong", it will become "rob". You may notice the Hex 8.5 is the only solid line in Hex 8, which indicates the strongest property of the whole Hex. You will get fortune only if you will not be that strong. Based on your question, think for 3 seconds before you start (to say or to do something). Others, with 100% power, do 80% work.

Best.

maverickcc

visitor
Reaction score
What you see the explain of Hex 8 were based on the name of "holding together".

Take a imagination like this: People holding together a "weak" group, the willing of becoming strong to stay alive(such as a new established company), will lead them to a union of cooperation; after they become a "strong" group(developed company), the they start to think about their own interest, which will lead to competition.

Hex 8.5, is the only Yang line among 5 Yins. This position is really tricky: one can decide everything, but will be better to think about the others.(Like the big boss in the group). In this way, every decision will be made very carefully based on long-term benefit, do not too care about "locally" fortune or not.

after your observation, I noticed that in the both readings of 11.2.3 and 38.1.2.4, the changing lines are all male/yang!! and in 8.5 I also got the changing line of male/yang.
I am surprised by this!

I guess this says something about the way I am dealing with the relationship specifically, and maybe also who I am or how I interact with the external world in the more general aspects of the life.
yes, usually people see me very confident and being leader in my field, even though I may actually feel uncertain within myself. this makes me more curious about your method!

about 8.5>2.
Can you explain me more where the implication of the weak and strong in hex 8 and its iching text? I am very new to iching and only know that,
hex 2 means more ying/female energy that is more receptive and responsive.
the only yang line(8.5) changes to the all ying/female lines in the receptive (hex 2).
you said that "You will get fortune only if you will not be that strong."
is it because 8.5 changes to 2.5?
8.5 is the "leadership" of the union because of the only yang/male line.
2.5 is middle-way, low-key approach, a path of moderation. be respectful of others.
So, hex2 can be a suggestion to my current situation shown hex8? Is it the way you read it?

Can you say a little bit more about what you mean " Based on your question, think for 3 seconds before you start (to say or to do something). Others, with 100% power, do 80% work."

thanx. :bows:

yiyione

visitor
Reaction score
update: that relationship had some ups and downs. then finally I saw some conditions just not that good for a long term, and I guessed he also felt. gradually we did not contact each other. it ends, not said, not happy, just a neutral feelings about how things went. so basically, move on and get a closure.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).