...life can be translucent

Menu

22.1.3 to 23 Job Interview Tomorrow Morning!!!

Reaction score
Hello Everyone:)... I amtemporarily without a computer, and am posting this thread from my phone in sheer desperation. I have an interview tomorrow, and although I already have a job lined up, I still would like to do my best on this sit possible. Anyway, I did have some problems at my old job, the nature of which is too complicated to get into. I would like to know the best way to explain these problems at the interview, should I have to. This was a recent employer, and my position at this company was the same as the one I'm applying for. So, I asked,

"How should I explain the problems I had at X Company at my interview?" And I got 22.1.3 changing to 23.

My interview is in the morning, and I realize this is cutting it close. Any ideas at all are greatly appreciated, and extra thanks for a quick response:bows:

Sincerely,
DWF

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
"How should I explain the problems I had at X Company at my interview?"

Explain that you learned a lot about personal integrity and about cooperation there.

Be very sweet, but keep an attitude that shows you are aware of the kind of commitment it is when a company takes you on, that you appreciate that consideration.

> 23
It was a very competitive environment as well, and you personally are committed to help support people that work under you should difficult situations arise.

I think the lines indicate you display the attitude that you have learned a lot from that situation, and that you are better for it and personally committed to helping others deal with similar difficult situations in the workplace. That way you do not directly criticize your past management nor make excuses for your past behavior, rather you take responsibility for yourself and the situation. The only reference to your past employer's faults is what you personally have learned is how YOU should be, were you in the same position. Such an attitude requires real Superiority I think.

Best of luck!

Reaction score
I had good rapport with the interviewer. To be honest, not my best interview ever. I was a little scattered, but I think it went well. Sounds like an offer is iminent. The interviewer is going to check on a starting salary, and sounds like what I was looking for. Thank you Lavalamp! Good advice, and problems at the old job didn't really come up. I just talked about cooperation etc, learned a lot... And diverted away from any negativity. Also, just made a lot of small talk. Turned out we used to work for the same company and have some mutual acquaintances. I don't like to count my chickens before they have hatched so to speak, but I think it's solid. May actually have to choose between this job and the other now:), and will also have the job on the side. So could work out well. Still, my stomach is in knots until everything is settled.

Reaction score
This is the job I ended up taking! And really like it:), for reasons you can read about in other threads. I know there is a thread with a 33.5.6 reading related to this job as well, which in my opinion, shows that this job will be very worry free. And it is. In the simplest terms, 22.1.3>23 here was saying gloss over the negativity from the other job, keep it light. And it was very easy to do that. Thanks again LL:bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).