there are problems with the body odour and lack of
cleaning in communal areas - sensitive,,but kinda
unacceptable.

Line 4 seemed to say dont do anything but cant work
with it:bows::footinmouth:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
It's more than unacceptable. An odor nuisance is bad for business. 13 suggests working together with others. 48 is the source of that cleaning fluid called 'water'. Speak with others and speak up. Just be factual. Does he have a health problem or eat too much garlic?

Nine in the fourth place means:
He climbs up on his wall; he cannot attack.
Good fortune.

Sounds defensive to me. It's not like you moved into his space, so protect your boundaries.

Reaction score
Hopex, I am so sorry to hear that. Awful thing to have to deal with and awful subject to have to bring up with a person. But, I think Pocossin is right. You have to defend yourself. Have you ever watched Seinfeld? Well, there is this one episode that touches on the subject of stinky people. The valet that drives Jerry's car has this horrible BO, and Jerry can't get rid of the smell, even after getting the car detailed. And the smell starts sticking to everything and everyone, causing all sorts of embarrassment and problems... Even breakups! So, I say get rid of it, before the whole office and everyone in it is contaminated by it:p.

Don't go loading up the area with synthetic fragrance and air fresheners, no matter how tempted you may be to do so. Essential oils or a natural air freshener are fine, but all those artificial sprays are toxic and carcinogenic... My personal favorite aromatherapy is frankincense, but pine is the best I've found for combatting the stinkies.

The lines seem to imply some concern about groups forming here with different interests, or maybe trouble getting everyone on the same page with approaching him. And certainly point to the potential humiliation he may feel. It does sound like there is a group there who will be more than happy to address this with him. Perhaps an anonymous note signed "your concerned friends and coworkers" would work here. That way it is not public who has the problem, and arguing openly, not a risk. Also, if the note is worded more from concerned colleagues than from annoyed coworkers, you may be more likely to gain compliance. It is discreet, so shows him respect. Also, spares him being embarassed by managerial involvement. Also, he will assume it is everyone who feels this way, even the people with more power in the office. Put a spin on it of concern for how this may affect him as well, personally and professionally, and the inaccurate impression it gives people. Throw some compliments in there as well. What you like about them. They must have some redeemable qualities. Assume a positive response, that they must just be ingnorant, because they wold never knowingly be disrespectful. Attach a pamphlet on basic hygeine and odor control. Maybe even some scented soap or deodorant. Or both.

I did this once with a neighbor who would leave their dog out in the cold all night on a short chain, and attached a pamphlet about dogs' needs for freedom of movement and warmth. I signed it your concerned neighbors, even though it was just me;). I never saw them leave him out again, and during the day he got a nice long runner chain with plenty of room to roam! Felt good:)! Mission Accomplished! Anyway, it is just an idea. Good luck:).

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Pocossin and DWF

It is difficult - I knew he was a bit whiffy but he is terminally obliging.
There was a problem in the work space so I said move over to mine and
put my things in Y space.

I never realised how truly deeply smelly it was - its pack rat full. The other
2 workers are neatniks and uber clean - qualities I like very much:)

The smell permeation has gone through the adjoining walkways. He is a big
fella young 23 - there is so much and it all has his peculiar smell on it.

Thank you for the help and ideas support (pine for stinkies) the neatniks raised
there eyes and winced when I brought it up - doesnt wash enough. Ho hum -
will follow the note route - or ask him to rent workspace elsewhere - it IS bad
for business.:duh::eek:!!!!

hopex

visitor
Reaction score
i have written notes....

please tell me if my notes to odourman are ok - 60 uc ?

is the short one ok......37.5.6 > 36
is the longer note ok......41.1.2.6>2

reckon I will do it all as I see no adverse except 36

there is something about king entering his own home...in
a line there somewhere:eek::eek::eek:

he left a mouse trap on the eating area - nice touch

he is a nice guy - just clean aint his thing!!:brickwall::confused::confused:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
i have written notes....

please tell me if my notes to odourman are ok - 60 uc ?

Limitation of odor.

Water over lake: the image of Limitation.
Thus the superior man
Creates number and measure,
And examines the nature of virtue and correct conduct.

I've had trouble from people who burn scented candles in the home.

Reaction score
I don't see 36 as a negative here... Could refer to the anonymous nature of the note and how you have had to keep your thoughts to yourself. Like it is the backgroud here. And line 2 of 41 says you are actually doing him a favor, I think. And, as Pocossin pointed out, 60 UC here seems very favorable. I'm sure it will hit home. Hopefully, the young lad will get it together. Otherwise you will have to resort to teasing him with a playfully degrading nickname, like Pigpen:p! Best wishes, Hopex:)

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).