...life can be translucent

Menu

Will I find a job before my internship ends? Hex 4.6 to 7

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Will I find a job before my internship ends in June?

Hexagram 4.6 to Hexagram 7.

I really don't understand what hexagram 4.6 means in this context. I know it has something to do with being inexperienced and foolish, but I don't understand what line 6 means. It says something about being punished in order to correct a mistake? So is this saying I am being punished by not receiving a offer because I am doing something wrong in the process or overall. Hexagram 7 means to be firm and perserve. So, all in all, this is saying I am being punished but I should perserve in the time of obstacles?

What should I do?
Hexagram 29....Repeated Pit. Whatever I undertake I should be sincere. Goes back to one of my posts where someone said my heart should be rooted in my own convictions. Not sure if I'm interpreting this correctly, but is I-ching saying I'm making the same mistakes because I am not sincere about what I want to do? Well idk.

Last edited:

maverickcc

visitor
Reaction score
Seems that you are in a quite tough situation. The internship work is OK for you, but your boss did not satisfy with you, and not quite support you.

It is not so easy to have a new job before June, but you will have some positive news during Autumn time.

What you should do will be to improve yourself, to be more talent prepare for the future opportunities.

Will I find a job before my internship ends in June?

Hexagram 4.6 to Hexagram 7.

I really don't understand what hexagram 4.6 means in this context. I know it has something to do with being inexperienced and foolish, but I don't understand what line 6 means. It says something about being punished in order to correct a mistake? So is this saying I am being punished by not receiving a offer because I am doing something wrong in the process or overall. Hexagram 7 means to be firm and perserve. So, all in all, this is saying I am being punished but I should perserve in the time of obstacles?

What should I do?
Hexagram 29....Repeated Pit. Whatever I undertake I should be sincere. Goes back to one of my posts where someone said my heart should be rooted in my own convictions. Not sure if I'm interpreting this correctly, but is I-ching saying I'm making the same mistakes because I am not sincere about what I want to do? Well idk.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
4.6 > 7

Hexagram 4 refers to students and teachers. Since you are at this time an intern, it makes sense you should receive the line at the top of hex 4, the culmination of being a student.

At the culmination of being a student, are minds are very honed and sharp, able to make very fine distinctions, indeed. Our mentality can be very aggressive and ready to challenge the world at this phase.

I don't think Yi says you are being punished or will be punished. I think it is saying: Your true position is to ward off attacks, not make attacks.

Because even though you will have completed your education, in the world at large you will just be a young beginner. So, Yi is warning you not to take the position of knowing better than other people about what is right and what isn't. :)

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Maverick...I am not so sure I agree with your interpretation and I don't understand how did you interpret August. That is something I missed. My manager is not as supportive as I would like and I'm not sure that she is not satisfied with me. Because I have been interning at this place for 8 months now and she extended my internship because shes knows I have already graduated last year in May and I am still looking for a full time opportunity. DId you mean she is not happy with my performance? Unfortunately, the company I work at mostly hires MBA candidates that at least have 3/5 years of experience on their belt so getting an an offer from them would be difficult. Although I agree with you about hexagram 29 trying to improve my talent to prepare for full-time opportunities.

Ginnie - I agree with you to some extend about not making attacks and trying to avoid attacks by being cautious especially as a intern new to this field Im in temporarily. I usually don't take the position of knowing better than others. How would you interpret 29?

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score

What should I do?
Hexagram 29....Repeated Pit.

Hexagram 29 unchanging.

I take it there is an objective danger of some kind which at the present time has not been identified or which has not presented itself yet.

Regarding hexagram 29 uc, R.L.Wing's commentary says: "Repeatedly you manage an escape only to be confronted with another dangerous situation. Virtuous conduct, by strengthening your character, may help you transcend the entire affair."

29 uc highlights the mind penetrating through the dangers it faces, danger being a part of life, and the counsel is to keep moving, to not dally in the danger, and to remain true to your own high ideals.

One problem I have found with hex 29 uc is that it leaves it up to me to figure out where the danger is coming from. So, why don't you just ask Yi: "What is the nature of the danger facing me?"

Here's another question I like to use in that situation: "What is the issue bringing about the danger?" That should make it clearer.

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
thanks ginnie, I took up your suggestion and asked the I-ching "what is the issue bringing about the danger? "

I received Hex 26.2.3.4 changing into Hex 21

Although, I am not completely sure maybe this referring to the environment at my temp work. Line 2 says a force is holding me back and there's no point in fighting it - possibly relating to my difficulty finding a permanent job/rather passion. Line 3 says proceed cautiously, have a goal, and prepare for the unexpected. Line 4 says deal with problems in advance. These all seems related to your past response about warding off attacks. Hexagram 21 just says that I should just work my way through whatever presents itself I guess.

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
I received Hex 26.2.3.4 changing into Hex 21

Preservation of your interests in the face of some kind of interference. I think you are correct in your interpretations in general and that there will be a protection of your interests, and this is especially shown by line 4 moving. Just be sure not to go on the offensive yourself no matter what, and you know sometimes issues come up where we feel we would be well within conventional limits to claim our rights or stand up to someone and so forth. But Yi counsels against anything like that at this time.
:)

jp78

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds clear, sounds like good advice. Thanks for the interpretation!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).