...life can be translucent

Menu

Past Lives

juaneros

visitor
Reaction score
Hi, I am fairly new to this site, but I've been casting for a while now. So I was listening to this Brazilian song that has to do with this, "A Viagem" (the trip) from Nova Roupa, anyhow... excellent song. So I asked the I Ching:

What can you say about reincarnation?

I got Hexagram 42, no changing lines.

The judgement kind of says that there is this increase, maybe having to do with knowledge, and eventually it furthers you to actually live. Also the part about crossing the great water, which at last may be passing through this reality (by dying) and in to another. Also the end of the image it talks about having an opportunity to rid yourself of your faults, maybe the past life mistakes one has made.

Well, just wanted to share and see if anyone else can come up with more to this.

Oh, and after that I asked about my past life, eheh. Had to do it. I asked:

On the whole, how was my last life? and got 26, no changing lines.

And, then I asked:

What did I learn from my last life? and got 33, no changing lines.

The weird thing of it is that they are inversions of each other :)~

I will have to think about those.

Thanks for any comments. Tchau! (Bye in Portuguese)

:p

ginnie

visitor
Reaction score
What can you say about reincarnation? I got Hexagram 42, no changing lines.

The 'ancestors send their blessings,' according to Stephen Karcher.

On the whole, how was my last life? and got 26, no changing lines.

I would interpret it: 'You are shielded from that knowledge.' 'You are protected from knowing that which might harm you.' It is said that it's a good thing that we lose our memories of our lives each time we die.

What did I learn from my last life? and got 33, no changing lines.

Perhaps it is saying: 'Retreat from this line of questioning and lighten up.' Or even, 'You learned how to retreat at the right time.'

The I Ching is not good at answering this type of question, as I'm sure you know, and I'm just guessing regarding the responses. The answers you got are really intriguing, juaneros.

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Random thought: the name of hexagram 42 shows a vessel being filled with liquid. Emptied out of one vessel, poured into the next - reincarnation?

Reaction score
Brilliant observation, Hilary! 42, The Bowl of the Rain God, according to LiSe. She describes vapors rising to heaven and coming back down to the earth as rain. That does sound like reincarnation...

Reaction score
BTW Juaneros, if you are interested in past lives, there was a long thread in Open Space recently devoted to the subjuect. A whole smorgasboard of stories about past lives that have come up in readings, dreams, memories etc. Sounds like something that might interest you:).

hilary

Administrator
Reaction score
Brilliant observation, Hilary! 42, The Bowl of the Rain God, according to LiSe. She describes vapors rising to heaven and coming back down to the earth as rain. That does sound like reincarnation...
Funny thing is, thinking of reincarnation as 42, the vessel (re-)filling, makes it capture my imagination and attention for the first time ever.

mythili

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Funny thing is, thinking of reincarnation as 42, the vessel (re-)filling, makes it capture my imagination and attention for the first time ever.

I think its helped me better understand what 42 is about.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).