...life can be translucent

Menu

Fate question, in the Fan Yao lines.. 15.1.4>55

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
So the question posed was, what is the fate of this relationship? The Yi's response was 15.1.4>55.

How would one interpret this in light of the Fan Yao of the lines?

As far as "Fate", I tend towards the school of thinking that what is fated has mostly to do with our human responsibility and actions - maybe with some few exceptions. Still this was the question asked, and in this reading about fate the Fan Yao lines do refer to destiny, while the actual ones cast seem more ordinary. So - any input on this, as I have little experience with this concept would be appreciated, as it seems this might be important. I've also noticed that I have cast a lot of readings lately where they turn "inside out", 15.1.4>55 is also 55.1.4>15.

15 Modesty/Integrity/Team work - FY 55 Abundance/Denseness/Drums of Victory

15.1 - "A superior man modest about his modesty may cross the great water.Good fortune." "No demands or claims settles matter easily."
The Fan Yao 55.1 "Nine at the beginning means:When a man meets his destined ruler,They can be together ten days, And it is not a mistake." "Stick with your Allies."

15.4 - "One, whose action would be in every way advantageous, stirring up (the more) his humility." "Progressive modesty gains." The Fan Yao 55.4 "Lines are coming, Blessing and fame draw near. Good fortune." " The pattern emerges, bringing reward and praise. Auspicious.For leading the battle, any battle, you will have to show yourself, your pattern."

Thanks.

- LL

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What is the fate of this relationship?
15.1.4 > 55

How would one interpret this in light of the Fan Yao of the lines?

This is a difficult question because fan yao aren't commonly used to make predictions, I think. By 'fate of a relationship' one might mean the usually life cycle of such a relationship. If the relationship were a seed, will it germinate and grow to maturity or be destroyed by negative forces before reaching its mature end? Yet man is born unto trouble, as the sparks fly upward (Job 5:7). Hexagram 55's association with eclipse seems inauspicious, so I would expect the relationship to be burdened.

Lavalamp

visitor
Reaction score
Pocossin, then how is the Fan Yao commonly used? It's just since the Hex lines were so symmetrical, I was trying understand why the reverse of the line answered fate questions, rather than the initial ones. If that makes any sense.

bradford

(deceased)
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Pocossin, then how is the Fan Yao commonly used? It's just since the Hex lines were so symmetrical, I was trying understand why the reverse of the line answered fate questions, rather than the initial ones. If that makes any sense.

It's best just to use the Fan Yao to help you understand the meaning of the line you received, and even here it's only useful some of the time..
It isn't used in divination at all

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
Ok great Time for lavalamp to be away

I wonder 55.4 doesn't complement 55.1 why would it end?

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
:( I just cant understand anyway how 51.4 and 51.1 cant completement each other it looks like a perfect circle, except for the 51.1...time limit anyway I have no expectation as iching is telling me the possibility of something I didn't even ask for lol

in other nodes 15.1.4 isnt how fan yao works I think it should be 51.1.4 > 15

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Not unlike how the Image is a learning aid, a Han cliffs notes as it were,
to understand a hex as a whole,
The Fan Yao can help you learn a lines meaning that you aren't grasping,
They share something of a character kinship.
Don't understand the line you got? Look at it's cousin to see what they have in common.
In that way, you can understand what you missed.
There is no need to look at a Fan Yao when you already comprehend a line.

(Notice how Brad mentions it isn't used in divination.)
It is used as a learning aid.

I feel the need to say this:
When we find ourselves flailing with a reading,
The usual reason is because of our own blindspots or emotional muddiness/resistance.
I think this is a universal human trait.

Remember, if you weren't in the dark to begin with,
You would not have needed to ask a question.

Last edited:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
:( I just cant understand anyway how 51.4 and 51.1 cant completement each other

Why are you talking about 51?
Is there a 51 in this thread?

And who said that 51.1 and 51.4 are anything at all alike? (They aren't.)
(All those two lines have in common is that they began with a shock,
One leaves you with a funny story to tell, the other a situation where you have to unstick yourself)

Last edited:

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
Why are you talking about 51?
Is there a 51 in this thread?

And who said that 51.1 and 51.4 are anything at all alike? (They aren't.)
(All those two lines have in common is that they began with a shock,
One leaves you with a funny story to tell, the other a situation where you have to unstick yourself)
Ops it is a freudian slip I have been getting 51 lately and I am thinking as if it was the line that belong to this thread..

I mean 55.1 and 55.4 these lines complement each other, only that in 55.1 the romance with someone with wisdom and another with energy ends at the 10th day( I have experience with this :( ) while 55.4 is an alliance with someone with energy and wisdom?

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Ops it is a freudian slip I have been getting 51 lately and I am thinking as if it was the line that belong to this thread..

I mean 55.1 and 55.4 these lines complement each other, only that in 55.1 the romance with someone with wisdom and another with energy ends at the 10th day( I have experience with this :( ) while 55.4 is an alliance with someone with energy and wisdom?

There is no romance in 55.
None. Nada. Zilch.

In 55.1 , the meeting and interacting with the person for a period of time is good.
But the time is finite.
It is not a long term relationship.
(a week is enough)
There is something you can learn from the meeting that will help in your life.
It's not a marriage.

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
There is no romance in 55.
None. Nada. Zilch.

In 55.1 , the meeting and interacting with the person for a period of time is good.
But the time is finite.
It is not a long term relationship.
(a week is enough)
There is something you can learn from the meeting that will help in your life.
It's not a marriage.
I know it is not marriage but it is a fated encounter but I always been wondering combining 55.4 and 55.1 doesnt make it more lasting? 55.4 doesnt says anything about an ending maybe 55.1 could be transformed into the 55.4 line, somehow they look like a reflection of the same complements? at least based on

Here the darkness is already decreasing, therefore interrelated elements come together. Here too the complement must be found-the necessary wisdom to complement joy of action. Then everything will go well. The complementary factor postulated here is the reverse of the one in the first line. In the latter, wisdom is to be complemented by energy, while here energy is complemented by wisdom.

based on what I had asked perhaps one could live this experience with the assisantce of someone who is like mind and also is the opposite of one? that is what I get from this

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
I've seen "Lord" translated as "Soulmate" or "Partner" (in a romantic context) for Hex 55. Is that just a mistranslation?
well since I got 55.1 I experienced some really special things with her but hey she doesnt want to acknowledge they are special(because she is angry) but still I told her about the existence of them and she seemed to be interested on them(well It will sound weird but we could share emotions and thoughts since then, only when she felt something for me)

Last edited:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
I've seen "Lord" translated as "Soulmate" or "Partner" (in a romantic context) for Hex 55. Is that just a mistranslation?

Pei4 : equal, peer, match, counterpart, coequal, colleague

These are not really romance words,
(and this isn't a romance hexagram)
more like status and role identifiers.

Viru, if you are reading a site or book with a 'romance' marketing/bent to it, of course they may try to bend the meanings.

Last edited:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
55.4 doesnt says anything about an ending maybe 55.1

55.1 does say something about an ending in the Ten Wings / Tuan zhuan

Even for a long week, no error:
To exceed the long week (means) disaster

My experience of the line matches the Wings commentary.

55.4 shows the ending of your arm's unbroken status, if not careful, Topher.

Matali

visitor
Reaction score
Hello !

55 can quite evoke a love situation, but the situation will have to evolve : it cannot hold in this way. This abundance is not sustainable ! Most of the time, it's because one of the partners is in a relationship... Then there are 56 : a new stage.

Love and dislove can nestle in all hexagrams ! Even in 29 and 47 !
On the other hand, line 55.1 refers to a situation that does not last because people are not compatible.
55.4 brings together two people who are of the same nature, and in my opinion, this is where the good love story nestles... So, Topher, you have to find your lover compatible :)

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
Hello !

55 can quite evoke a love situation, but the situation will have to evolve : it cannot hold in this way. This abundance is not sustainable ! Most of the time, it's because one of the partners is in a relationship... Then there are 56 : a new stage.

Love and dislove can nestle in all hexagrams ! Even in 29 and 47 !
On the other hand, line 55.1 refers to a situation that does not last because people are not compatible.
55.4 brings together two people who are of the same nature, and in my opinion, this is where the good love story nestles... So, Topher, you have to find your lover compatible :)
It's hard to define but we are 55.4 and 55.1 at the same time (not sure why I got 55.1 and 55.4 hence I wanted to know what it means) because it just describes us if I took your interpretation

looking for a venn diagram we had 2/3

Attachments

• im.jpg
    im.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Matali

visitor
Reaction score
It's hard to define but we are 55.4 and 55.1 at the same time (not sure why I got 55.1 and 55.4 hence I wanted to know what it means) because it just describes us if I took your interpretation
Because it describes two different situations...

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
Because it describes two different situations...
what I try to explain that when I was with her it was like superposition?

At the most basic level we are the same, but with different personalities, it's beyond the usual kind of relatioshio you would find, because it's shared but at the same time when emotions went wild then it's not shared I think to understand 55.1.4 I need to understand first 27.1.4(as I am thinking about something) and 27.1 seems the one thing that might solve my own problem the thing is i dont know how

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
So, Topher, you have to find your lover compatible.

He could start by not pursuing teenage drug-addicted prostitutes.
Don't you agree?

Don't encourage him Matali,
He says he is over her, but he is still obsessing.
In EVERY thread he chimes in on, this one being a perfect example, he references her...

Last edited:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Hello !

55 can quite evoke a love situation, ...Most of the time, it's because one of the partners is in a relationship...

That is not a love situation,
That's an immature bonobo wanting a banana that belongs to someone else. ... ala 27.1

Last edited:

Viru10

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Didn't someone here cast 55.1 about Giuliani during the election? Seems apt.

In EVERY thread he chimes in on, this one being a perfect example, he references her...

To reinforce this point, this is an old thread about a completely different Hexagram.

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
He could start by not pursuing teenage drug-addicted prostitutes.
Don't you agree?

Don't encourage him Matali,
He says he is over her, but he is still obsessing.
I had asked because i have received 55.1 many times and once 55.1.4 I was curious also he isnt encouraging me only that his interpretation made sense curiously I had seen a tarot reading that it was like describing 2 persons who were quite different yet they were similar. described 55.1.4 and to be honest in that tarot reading described her totally and i received this hex

Didn't someone here cast 55.1 about Giuliani during the election? Seems apt.

To reinforce this point, this is an old thread about a completely different Hexagram.
I was wondering how 55.1.4 would be a bad cast since it made sense that 1 and 4 complemented each other also i asked because for some odd reason i received 55.1 without asking anything related to her just the future

Matali

visitor
Reaction score
I had asked because i have received 55.1 many times and once 55.1.4 I was curious also he isnt encouraging me only that his interpretation made sense curiously I had seen a tarot reading that it was like describing 2 persons who were quite different yet they were similar. described 55.1.4 and to be honest in that tarot reading described her totally and i received this hex

I was wondering how 55.1.4 would be a bad cast since it made sense that 1 and 4 complemented each other also i asked because for some odd reason i received 55.1 without asking anything related to her just the future

55.1.4 - 15 : 15 questions your integrity, your authenticity... Why do you think ?
From my point of view, lines 1 and 4 can't be the same situation. But now, why not look for someone loving like you ?

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
I understood 55.1.4
should I explain it or do it at the time I experience it?
i only can say the resulting hex line arent mixed they are their own.

how is 15 is interpreted as a path? a tao? how do you interpret the meaning of hex15 in a path in life?(take in account there is 49.2.4.5 in this so 49.5 pretty much mean one could change it

Last edited:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Please start a new thread.

That may make it make it easier for you to hear the answers.

You may want to start it in Exploring Diviniatuon, so you can discuss it, and learn what it means without discussing your situation, which everyone here is aware of.

This will also have the added benefit of quieting your emotions from clouding your understanding.

Last edited:

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
Please start a new thread.

That may make it make it easier for you to hear the answers.

You may want to start it in Exploring Diviniatuon, so you can discuss it, and learn what it means without discussing your situation, which everyone here is aware of.

This will also have the added benefit of removing your emotions from clouding your understanding.
Nah in my case 51.1.4 is deeply rooted in my situation.
it is a choice between 2 paths now i dont know hoow 15 could join this. Is it a way where it is decribed how you reach this choice? is it the result of the choice? is it the description of the choice(It hasnt arrived just yet but I divined the thing out of some tarot reading I found and highly referred to my situation) and to be honest I found that

these 2 choice are just as described
1) is pretty much synergy and fated and it is an alliance with an equal.
4) is not fated but more of an alliance with an equal.

for my own situation I have 49.5 where I could possible change the outcome from 1) for my own

this is trying to express it in general terms

now 15? how is it defined between 2 choices? paths? is it a circumstance of the current situation? or a future situation. that is what i dont know and I cant understand

and no nothing clouds my emotions lol i have felt it since the first moment, but it is like going against the general opinion,think about wu wei wu what once seemed unfavorable and bad later turns to get better

someone who might be seem under a negative light later might change but only if events unfold the thing is some people dont have patience to wait for the proper course of the events, if only reading the iching was easier... I think more than one divination method is benefitial

Last edited:

moss elk

visitor
Reaction score
Good luck.

You probably don't yet comprehend that people who won't listen to advice...

...stop receiving advice.

Consider this the beginning of your education.

Last edited:

Topher

visitor
Reaction score
55.1.4 is not about choices, it is about probably to obtain 55.1(case) the answer is hidden in one

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).