...life can be translucent

Menu

37 changing to 52

S

seeker

Several of my readings lately have brought up Splitting Apart and many of the translations/interpretations I have give stripping away as part of it. So I asked what do I need to strip away in my life and got 37, changing lines 1 and 5 to 52. I just can't make sense of it in relation to my question. Does anyone have any suggestions???

C

candid

Hiya Seeker,

There've been a few discussions here on 23, in case you wish to use the search function.

Stripping away sounds kind of scary, and it can be. One picture mentioned here before is that of pruning a rose bush. You cut it back, which may sting, but what grows from it becomes richer with life as a result.

37 demonstrates order, using the images of three daughters and three sons, plus the father and mother. Stripping line 1 would be stripping or pruning the youngest, and least responsible. Perhaps line 5 as the father shows the way to strip away. Fear not, the line says, he does nothing to make himself feared. The whole family can trust him.

I don't know what your questions were that received so much 23, but I imagine they had to do with your own self-development. If instead they were more about external relationships, the meanings I gave above could change to suit that set of circumstances. But I still think it is more about you.

52 is 'rock solid'. This could be showing stability in your life.

S

seeker

The questions have been about my marriage, which is currently on very unstable ground. I have begun to think that while I care very much for my husband, I am no longer in love with him. We are missing that intimate connection, that indefinable something that takes you from loving someone to being in love with someone. I have been looking for what I should do next, and yes, some of the responses have been about focusing on myself, which coincides with a meditation I did that told me I had lost myself in our relationship, and I needed to figure out who I was. But I still have to live with my husband and deal with him on a daily basis, so I was looking for what direction I should take.

RindaR

visitor
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Seeker,

I wish you the very best in this.

Rinda

C

candid

I suppose if you apply the reading specifically to your marriage (family if there is one), all the above applies more literally. The man/husband/father (line 5) is to take responsibility for the family.

The whole idea in 37 is assigning duties to each member.

The element which holds it together is the wife within, while the husband's leadership is directed outward. While this may not play well to feminist philosophy, its plainly the picture of 37.

I'm wondering if line 5 could be a sort of surrogate intermediate father in the form of a good marriage councilor?

S

seeker

Possibly as we are seeing a marriage counselor. So would that mean I need to strip away his responsibility or is it indicating he is not being responsible and needs to be???

C

candid

It indicates a need to see behind appearances in the relationship. It could mean removing some of the barriers to effective communication between you. It could mean dealing with some painful feelings and some truths that neither of you have been facing up to. It could mean anything that has to do with getting to the core, and getting through to each other.

heylise

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
At the left side, where it is dark blue, you click on 'friends area', and then you scroll all the way down, to the bottom of the long list of threads.
There you find a box "create new conversation".
Give it a title which is easy to recognize, for example about the kind of question, or the numbers of the first and second hexagram you got.

Good luck

Lise

H

horse

The site is still under construction but you can use it already. Just open a thread in the "Discussion" link for now. You can throw your questions there and I will be delighted to be of service to you. Thanks "Anonymous"

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).