...life can be translucent

Menu

Floodlight please...

Reaction score
Floodlight Please...

Well, everything in my life is finally settling down, and I have some stability... Really don't have anything to complain about, or complications to work out, or really any major worries... I'm quite content. Very relieved and grateful to be in such a fortunate position. But, I don't really feel very passionate about anything in the world either. Nothing that really wakes me up on a soul level. I have my personal interests, and mostly those involve just me, my mind, and whatever I'm thinking about (the Yi, cards, journal articles, ). But, mainly, I feel bored... and disinterested. Indifferent.

I asked, "How can I reignite my passion in life?" and I received 19.6>41.

I can see this a few ways. There are some parallels with how the sage in the story feels and how I feel, I think. Finding no real fulfilment in the world, and enjoying being alone, they go to a mountain and just do their own thing. This parallels with my situation. I feel a little like that, so maybe the Yi is suggesting I come down from my mountain and follow through a bit more with my desire to be of service. Perhaps is saying I need to get out of my head and maybe find some people to share my thoughts with, help them through their tough times. Or, is the sage a symbol for something great coming my way from the Universe? Who or what does the sage in the story symbolize, me, or someone else?

Originally, I read this as help people... Don't bother looking for passion. Your past that...

So, I followed up with, "How can I help people?" and I got 23.6>2.

Seems to be saying this period of stripping away is ending. And now there should be some good fortune... But good fortune for me or others or both? Was the sage in 19 going through a 23 situation, and now it is done, so his return to the whole is the good fortune and help. Makes sense that the sage didn't just decide to rejoin the group. Must have been something that spurred that. Certainly, this reading changes my view of the sage in 19. Or is it saying something totally different? Maybe I'm over complicating it... Can't wait to hear some thoughts on this... Thanks in Advance:).

:bows:DWF:bows:

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
How can I reignite my passion in life?
19.6 > 41

The earth above the lake:
The image of Approach.
Thus the superior man is inexhaustible
In his will to teach,
And without limits
In his tolerance and protection of the people.

Could you teach? You have skills in salesmanship. Does your new employer need someone to train new people? That could be the helping activity you seek. The image of 41 suggests that there is still some lingering resentment over the split that is holding you back.

How can I help people?
23.6 > 2

The Image of 23 repeats this idea:

The mountain rests on the earth:
The image of Splitting Apart.
Thus those above can ensure their position
Only by giving generously to those below.

When you are in a superior position, you help people by descending to their level and seeing the world through their eyes.

Reaction score
Whoa, Pocossin:bows::bows::bows:... scary accurate... Clearly, the Yi has made a home in you. Talk about a floodlight! Glad this turned out to be an apt title for this thread. I have thought about pursuing such work for years, as a trainer or teacher, but never have taken any initiative on it. It's just an idea I've tossed around, mostly in the back of my mind, and have never really seriously looked into it. In college, my classmates would often ask me for help, and a number felt I was a great teacher. Said I made things seem simple, whereas the professor's explanation seemed to overcomplicate the lesson. And I have found sharing my knowledge and experience, when opportunity has arisen to do so, to be the most rewarding part of my jobs in the past. I believe I do have potential as a teacher... I don't know what kind of opportunities lie in the company I work for to do such work, but I'm sure I can find out.

And, yes, I have been still a little resentful of the split, and do not really feel open to a relationship or dating some of the time, and other times, would like to find a significant other. I have found this whole experience, and other similar experiences, to dampen my enthusiasm for intimate relationships in general. A condition I hope I can find a remedy for in the near future:brickwall:.

Much thanks, Pocossin:) You 23'd it!

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).