...life can be translucent

Menu

50.2.3.4>23 and 35.4.6>2 Help! Problems at Home...

Reaction score
Hello Fellow Diviners:), I am hoping you can help me out with a small problem I have here. I recently moved in to a new place, as you all know. One of my roommates has a habit of making comments that sound derogatory, usually about my field of work and my education/intellect. He has an education in psychology, and I'm confused at why he is speaking to me this way. With his background, and the kind of work he does, he should certainly know how his verbiage could be interpreted. It could be just an oversight on his part, or it could be intentional. I'm really not sure. I have been assuming it is an oversight on his part, but that he just doesn't really think that highly of me, and it comes through in his conversation with me. Anyway, he caught me at a bad time today, and made one of these derogatory remarks, which I usually just ignore. I was pretty sharp with him, as I felt put on the defensive, and right in front of his girlfriend too:eek:. So, I asked quite a few questions about this incident...

"What should I do about X?" and I got 50.2.3.4>23

I'm not sure what to make of this... Does this mean I should move? Line 2 mentions envy. Is someone jealous of me? Line 3 says I should release the tension somehow, that the stress of this will pass away easily. Line 4 seems to imply I humiliated this person, but besides that I don't know what to make of this. And I don't like 23 in there...

"Why is X behaving this way with me?" 35.4.6>2

Seems to say he has some ulterior motive and is lowering his horns at me like I'm the enemy. Great:rolleyes:...

They are a Scorpio, and I'm sure they feel I wronged them...

Does anyone have any insight on these. The last thing I want to be dealing with is a problematic living situation.

Thanks in Advance,

:bows:DWF:bows:

precision grace

visitor
Reaction score
I don't have time to interpret but I can tell you that Scorpios Always talk down to people and that's probably just his normal way of talking to people. Also they like to push until they find your limits. Good luck and don't let it bother you. xx

Reaction score
Always with the prompt words of wisdom:bows:... Yes, that could be. Very odd behavior to a naturally sincere and open Leo Sun Aries Moon. Nothing hiding here. Didn't even realize such behavior existed til about a year ago, and felt a bit the fool when I found out this type of silliness is commonplace. So, it's like that! This was a tested limit, and I did not respond as I usually do. The claws came out... Hisssss! Roar! I wasn't expecting it, and I had let down the wall I put up for dealing with people's crap at work, since I'm off for a few days now. So, the negativity got through, and my natural response just came out, which I usually run through some sort of filter to create a more humane response. But, I shouldn't need it on in my own home! Thank you Precision Grace:)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
I recently moved in to a new place, as you all know. One of my roommates has a habit of making comments that sound derogatory, usually about my field of work and my education/intellect.

You are dealing with a suppressive personality. I recommend How To Choose Your People by Ruth Minshull.

http://www.whale.to/m/minshull.html

Also online as a pdf, I think.

He has an education in psychology, and I'm confused at why he is speaking to me this way. With his background, and the kind of work he does, he should certainly know how his verbiage could be interpreted. It could be just an oversight on his part, or it could be intentional.

His sarcasm and belittling ways are part of his ingrained character. He speaks to you that way because of an inferiority complex. In fact, he is inferior and is envious of your openness and social skills. He'd like for you to shut up and be like him. A good percentage of those who major in psychology do so in the hope of curing their own problems, which they never do. I am speaking from experience. I have two relatives with degrees in psychology and cannot stand to be around them.

What should I do about X?
50.2.3.4 > 23

Let him stew in his own juices. Every expression of cheerfulness from you will add fuel to the fire. He can't be happy unless everyone around him is as depressed as he is. Enough cheerfulness and you will drive him out of the house (23).

Why is X behaving this way with me? 35.4.6>2

Nine in the fourth place means:
Progress like a hamster.
Perseverance brings danger.

His problem is that he doesn't have a ferret :) But don't give him one! Psychology students do cruel experiments with little animals and never get over it.

Reaction score
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Thank you Pocossin:)...

That fits with what I'm seeing, and fits with this follow up as well.

"What are the consequences of this argument with X?" and got 63>36, which implies I should indeed hide my light.

So good to know it is just part of who he is, and not something personal against me, and is probably like this with all cheerful open people. The downside is, it"s part of who he is, and he probably isn't going to change. I will check out that link. Very curious to find out some more about this personality type. And thanks for the heads up on the animal cruelty thing;). Will keep an eye out... But, if he starts taking out his misery on the household pets, he will have to deal with more than a sharp retort!

Much Thanks, Pocossin:bows:

loulisnowdrop

visitor
Reaction score
Hi DWF. i just wanted to back up what Precision Grace has said. Scorpio people can be manipulative, jealous, push limits and literally have a sting in their tail. I should know, I am one :) We have good points too though.

I think the key is to behave in a socially acceptable manner and to actually think before speaking. Maybe your housemate has not developed those particular skills yet and is maybe experimenting on you with regard to finding your limits?

Reaction score
Yes, thank you LSD. That very well could be the case. You're a Scorpio:eek:!? :rofl: Just kidding:p. You exemplify the positive side of Scorpio, I guess. Yes, I've had some great people come into my life who had Scorpio suns... and they have been great friends. One of them just intuitively calls me when I'm having tough times, and it's like they psychicly pick up on it. So, I'm familiar with the positive. This person must have some affliction to their Scorpio sun, though, because there is a lot of that negativity. But, I think Pocossin is right. This is more a personality issue. This person's MO is to undermine other's confidence, and try to bring them down to his level. I think I will just \avoid more that the most suprerficial interaction there in the future.

Thanks LSD:bows:

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).