...life can be translucent

Menu

Stuck, or just off topic from most important focus? 22.1>52 and 14.6>34

susan_e

visitor
Reaction score
Hi all!

I am officially professionally stuck. I've been in the same office for 10 years. Although I have some investment in my work, I think I'm bored. And I don't think there is room for growth.

At the same time, I've got plenty going on at the home front, so I don't know if now is a good time to deal with the stress of going after a new job.

My question "Should I look for a new job given all the other stuff I've got going on"

My cast is 22.1>52..Hex 22 always feels so insubstantial to me as a point of reference for guidance, so I cast again with the following question:

"What is right action in the face of my professional boredom in the midst of a challenging personal life"

In response, I received 14.6>34.

The second cast (14.6) may be implying that I need to focus on personal growth (which is a strong focus currently ) and don't worry about the "outer" world. I do think of hex 34 as a hex of having strong personal integrity. This would also relate to the relating hex in the first cast (hex 52) which I think of as not being influenced by externals.

Any additional insights would be appreciated. :bows:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Should I look for a new job given all the other stuff I've got going on?
22.1 > 52

The casting suggests to me that you should clean up current matters before looking for a new job.

Thus does the superior man proceed
When clearing up current affairs.
But he dare not decide controversial issues in this way.

I think a change in employment would be a major move for you. Could you ask for more responsibility or more training (my understanding of hexagram 22) where you are now? Let your superior know that you desire professional advancement. It would compensate for matters at home. Both 22.0 and the Image of 52 suggests that if you bury yourself in details, the situation would not seem so bad.

In small matters
It is favorable to undertake something.

52 Image

Does not permit his thoughts
To go beyond his situation.

To me the casting advises that you attend to matters in your immediate environment that can be done now. Squeeze everything out of what you now have before moving on.

Reaction score
The casting suggests to me that you should clean up current matters before looking for a new job.
To me the casting advises that you attend to matters in your immediate environment that can be done now. Squeeze everything out of what you now have before moving on.

To add with what Pocossin has said, maybe it is about your resume. Sprucing it up to show your worth through the power of verbiage. Take care -AQ

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).