...life can be translucent

Menu

23.6 Seeking Professional Help

yxeli

visitor
Reaction score
Hey all,

I read this thread http://www.onlineclarity.co.uk/friends/showpost.php?p=102288&postcount=3 on 40>4, and it made a whole lot of sense to me, its about a relationship i cant seem to get free of, i feel like this response is really close to how i feel. dependency (line 4) and
This stress is making you ill - and so in the long run that won't help anyone so you need to try and shoot it down - get into a frame of mind where you don't feel unable to cope - and that might mean not doing certain things and asking for help.

I got thinking that maybe i ought to seek professional help about this. this relationship has really screwed me up, and i cant seem to move on.

I asked then should i see a councillor about this? i received 23.6> 2

There is still a large fruit uneaten which will naturally strip itself away... i know the question is set up to give a yes/no answer which i know is bold, but it was the closest words i could find.

Any input most appreciated,

Yx

mryou

visitor
Reaction score
First off, I'm going to try to interpret what the I Ching's saying. In my opinion, if you really think you need a therapist/counselor, DO IT. Assuming you have the money because it's expensive. It's really up to you in the end. Now on to what I think The I Ching's telling you.

SPLITTING APART. IT does not further one
To go anywhere.

The I Ching seems to indicate that a therapist would have a negative, splitting effect on you. And you should stay at home, stay grounded and firm, to face the problems you are having with your ex. It elaborates on this with...

There is a large fruit still uneaten.
The superior man receives a carriage.
The house of the inferior man is split apart.

It's ALWAYS good to see yourself as the superior person when reading the I Ching imo. If you view yourself as inferior, the I Ching can't give you proper advice. So I disagree that the large fruit is what will strip you away. The large fruit is a great option that you haven't considered or found yet. Or just haven't tried. Maybe it's meditation, maybe it's something spiritual. Maybe it's facing your fears regarding your ex. But there's SOMETHING there that's more available and simple and potent than a therapist, and you should find what that is. Doing so will give you the "carriage", the strength of movement, that will move you on with power, while the inferior man (perhaps your ex) will split apart rather than you.

The potential in navigating all this according to the I Ching is you becoming utterly receptive and open to new feelings and new people. A very good outlook.

All this is my interpretation btw. And again, if you REALLY feel down and out it's my opinion that you should visit the therapist regardless, but either way, try to find something else that can help you first. The "large uneaten fruit". Good luck.

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
II asked then should i see a councillor about this? i received 23.6> 2

Hi Yxeli,

23.6: From your description, the uneaten fruit of line 6 of hex 23 might be a reflection of your living in hope that the “potential” in the relationship will materialize.

23 Judgment: At the same time, the “It does not further one to go anywhere” seems to reflect your sense that “in reality” the relationship is not going anywhere at this time.

23 Image: Reading the lower trigram to mean “carriage,” “generous giving,” and in other parts of the book “door,” imo, affirms your instinct to see a counselor which would lead to the peaceful mountain of the upper trigram “assured calm” being “attained.”

23, 23.6, & 2: Again, the earthy grounding of a counselor (lower trigram), could be very beneficial for the true “seed” of you (changing line 6 of upper trigram) to fall into, be led by, and gently nurtured into a rebirth in hex 2.

(W/B, Book III)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
Should I see a counselor about this?
23.6> 2

A change of air would do you good, yxeli. You have the top line of Splitting Apart, and hex 2, among other things, signifies place. Your troubles would not be so pressing in a new environment free of current associations. Of course, the Judgment says

Splitting Apart. It does not further one
To go anywhere.

But you are at the top line, so

There is a large fruit still uneaten.
The superior man receives a carriage.
The house of the inferior man is split apart.

Both carriage and house split apart suggest moving elsewhere where you could again connect to nourishment -- the joys of life. Get a small place where there are people you can interact with freely.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).