...life can be translucent

Menu

How Can We Best Help Her? 26.3.6 > 19

vivjohnson

visitor
Reaction score
My Partner's daughter (aged 23), who has had a very hard time of it since age 14 (alcohol abuse, drugs, bad choices in relationships with men, etc etc), has reached a point where she has completely alienated her mother, her sister, and many friends. She is very alone and she is angry at the world and also at my Partner (and perhaps me too). She has just been in a car accident and we are going to see her for the first time in several months. My question to the Yi was "How can we best help her at this time?"

Received Hexagram 26, 3.6 > 19

My intuitive hit is that we do need to help her - and yet hold firm in ourselves - don't allow ourselves to be manipulated by her (as addicts can do). Her own anger and pride prevents her from asking for help (from others). But I feel this hexagram is telling us to be there for her - that she may be ready.

Especially in hexagram 19 - Approach ... Draw near to her. That this is a time she needs a lot of help.

What do others think?

Thanks so much!

Viv J.
:bows:

mryou1

visitor
Reaction score
I'm going to use the literal Richter translation with this, which I've been having a lot of success with lately.

26, strength within and stillness without. 26 means Great Cattle in the original Chinese. Which simply means "be strong but reserved". Be there for her.

dà chù. lì zhēn. bù jiā shí jí.
GREAT CATTLE. FAVORABLE OMEN. NOT HOME DINE AUSPICIOUS.

lì shè dà chuān.
FAVORABLE FORD GREAT RIVER.

"Not dining at home is auspicious. It is favorable to ford the great water."

Don't stay at home in this situation, try to be out as much as possible so as to be there for her if she needs it. It is good to take a great risk if it is to help the situation. The I Ching goes further to say:

3. liáng mǎ zhú. lì jiān zhēn.
FINE HORSE CHASE. FAVORABLE DIFFICULT OMEN.

rì xián yú wèi. lì yǒu yōu wǎng.
DAY IDLE CART GUARD. FAVORABLE HAVE PURPOSE GO.

Your intentions are noble like a fine horse, the situation is favorable yet difficult. This is a moment of idleness, a day where the carts and guards are standing still. There is a small opening of opportunity where you can do the most good. This may stand for her being bedridden. Normally she would be too stubborn to help, but in her weakened state you can do a more changing good for her.

TOP: hé tiān zhī qú? xiǎng.
HOW HEAVEN OF WAY? SACRIFICE.

How do you attain the way of heaven? The most noble path. Sacrifice. Sacrifice your time and energy to helping your partner's daughter.

The major potential here is an approach of greatness. A genuine helping. But 19 always indicates that what is changed for the better will not last forever. If you help her now, it is very likely she will return to her old ways at some point. But don't worry, you can worry when that time comes.

All of this is just my interpretation.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).