...life can be translucent

Menu

Social Work - Lots of unchanging lines...eep!

serinasioux

visitor
Reaction score
I am looking to make a transition to Los Angeles from Norcal and hoping to leave my Property Management career behind me. My own past experiences have made me want to work with teenagers that are aging out of the foster care system. I guess I am looking for a career that is more meaningful to me while I pursue my artistic ambitions and this issue really strikes a chord for me. The problem is, I don't have a degree in anything, let alone social work. It has come to my attention that there are outside organizations that need the able bodies and do not require a degree to work for them.

I asked a series of four questions and overall, I feel that the Yi supports this desire of mine. However, I feel that it is affirming that this would be a very positive direction to pursue but I'm not getting the actual advice I am looking for.

1. How do I find a job working with foster youths aging out of the system?
50.1>14

2. How do I secure a position working with teens aging out of the sytem in LA(specific)?
11 unchanging

3. What if I start applying for positions working with foster youths in LA?
33 Unchanging

4. Will I be able to secure a position working with foster teens aging out of the system in LA this year?
14 Unchanging

Can you glean the actual advice portion out of these readings?

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
How do I find a job working with foster youths aging out of the system?
50.1 > 14

Apply for a job with the outside organizations you mentioned. Experience, maturity, and enthusiam can make up for a lack of education. If we take the ting as your life and its being upturned as the change in residence and employment, then cleaning out the stagnating stuff would be dealing with lingering issues in your life. Apparently you desire to help foster youths aging out of the system because you have been in such a situation yourself. Knowing the ropes is better than book education. The line text is not overly optimistic, and suggests that you may have to take a related but less desired job (one takes a concubine for the sake of her son) while waiting for the work you want to do.

serinasioux

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks Pocossin, I'm going to start sending my resume out to some of the organizations and see what happens. I will give you an update when I have something useful to add (this might take a minute). In retrospect, after reading my initial post all of my questions sound too similar...I think I need to think in another direction now, maybe get away from the pigeonhole I'm trying to settle into looking for such a specific position. You mentioned that I need to clear out the stagnant lingering issues. For some reason that translated to "examine my motives" when I read it and while I know that you maybe didn't mean that specifically I don't think it is such a bad idea. Maybe what I perceive to be the less desired job now will turn out to be the rewarding one I didn't know I wanted when all is said and done.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).