...life can be translucent

Menu

serinasioux

visitor
Reaction score
This one should be a quickie...I think

First;
33.1.3.4>42

I asked "What change can I make within myself that will further progress in realizing my dreams?"

"Okay...I need to withdraw...but from what?"

17.2>58
Now this one is the one that I need to clarify the most between the two...am I supposed to withdraw from my inner child and embrace the adult or let the adult relax a bit and embrace the inner child? Knowing myself, I can see this going both ways.

Last edited:

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
What change can I make within myself that will further progress in realizing my dreams?
33.1.3.4 > 42

"Okay...I need to withdraw...but from what?"

Although the Images is about withdrawing from others who do not share your ideals, it isn't what you withdraw from, but what you withdraw to. I understand hexagram 33 as originally referring to the withdrawal of a woman to protect the developing fetus. You have artistic ambitions, so the hexagram suggests that you work on the inner cultivation of qualities and skills that would further your aims. Line 1 warns against waiting until it is too late to act, and line 3 against stopping half way. Line 4 is about not holding onto the current position until the last moment. Hexagram 42 promises greater self insight if the tasks of 33 are well executed.

ijing0509

visitor
Reaction score
33 means giving away something you do not really need. If you want to realize your dream, you have to give up something in order to have more energy and time to focus on your goal.
The image of 42 encourages people to move to where there is good and to correct where there is error. And then the change within yourself is made.

serinasioux

visitor
Reaction score
What change can I make within myself that will further progress in realizing my dreams?
33.1.3.4 > 42

Although the Images is about withdrawing from others who do not share your ideals, it isn't what you withdraw from, but what you withdraw to. I understand hexagram 33 as originally referring to the withdrawal of a woman to protect the developing fetus. You have artistic ambitions, so the hexagram suggests that you work on the inner cultivation of qualities and skills that would further your aims. Line 1 warns against waiting until it is too late to act, and line 3 against stopping half way. Line 4 is about not holding onto the current position until the last moment. Hexagram 42 promises greater self insight if the tasks of 33 are well executed.

So it sounds like I need perfect timing, any suggestions on how to approach the Yi in figuring out "when" the right time to act is? The actual act suggested is also something I need to figure out but timing is something I haven't ever been able to figure out with the Yi. Thank you for your insight, I had it all wrong :)

pocossin

visitor
Reaction score
So it sounds like I need perfect timing, any suggestions on how to approach the Yi in figuring out "when" the right time to act is? The actual act suggested is also something I need to figure out but timing is something I haven't ever been able to figure out with the Yi. Thank you for your insight, I had it all wrong :)

Timing depends on the window of opportunity for your dreams. Some things require youth. If you wait too long you'll become set in your ways and lose your opportunity. Other things require means -- education, skill, money, contacts. To acquire these takes time, but if you have the drive -- a fire in the belly -- most obstacles can be overcome, so prepare for the future you want now. In the tetragram calendar, hexagram 33 covers the July 26 -- August 3 period, but opportunity depends more on you than on a calendar.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).