...life can be translucent

Menu

42 unchanging and 49 - about my ex

amradea

visitor
Reaction score
Today I asked about my ex. Haven't seen him in months but I know he's single at the moment and concentrating on his career. He was the one who refused to continue but said it in a friendly way and I was the one breaking any connection with him. It was a silly thing to do and I kind of regret this decision now because he never did me any wrong. He was just not ready for a serious commitment, maybe a little immature (also a little younger than me).

- what does he want from me now? I got 42 unchanging. This one's got me puzzled, I really don't know how to see it, maybe he wants me to move on?
- what are his feelings for me at the present? 49.1.3.4 changing to 8. This seems also very confusing, it talks about changes and getting rid of old stuff but also union.
- what else should I know about his feelings towards me? 49.3.4.5 --> 24.

It's interesting that 49 came twice. Also, 2 days ago I asked if I would meet someone new this year and this hexagram was the resulting one. Got the answer on this forum that yes, there could be someone new.

Any thoughts anyone?
Thank you. :)

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Hi Amradea,

Imo, he sounds like a nice guy trying to do the right thing if you're not in any rush and can occupy your time in other positive ways :)...

“what are his feelings for me at the present? 49.1.3.4 changing to 8”:

49.1 “the moment for action has not come”
49.3 “one should wait until the time is ripe”
49.4 “a man must have inner strength as well as influential position”
8 “to become a center of influence holding people together is a grave matter and fraught with great responsibility”

Imo, your instincts are right that at present he feels he is “just not ready.”

"what else should I know about his feelings towards me? 49.3.4.5 --> 24":

49.3 “one should wait until the time is ripe”
49.4 “a man must have inner strength as well as influention position”
49.5 “large, clear, guiding lines become visible, understandable to everyone”
24 “it is not necessary to hasten anything artificially”

And, in his own time, it will be clear when he's ready.

what does he want from me now? I got 42 unchanging:

42 “self-increase and self-improvement”

Considering how focused he is on his own path, and maybe sensing impatience from you, he likely just wishes you well in whatever you choose to do.

Best wishes...

(W/B Book I & III)

Last edited:

amradea

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Iams Girl for your help.

Your interpretation seems very accurate and makes a lot of sense. What you are saying is exactly what he told me few months ago: that he is not ready for a relationship and he wishes me well. We could have stayed friends, only I had the bad idea of interrupting any contact. This is the reason I'm still thinking about him actually. I don't necessarily want him back, I'm just sorry for being too impulsive. I mean, I keep in touch with every friend we have in common but I don't talk to him and it's kind of late to repair anything.

So i guess nothing has changed after all and I should just move on and get on with my life.

Thanks again,
amradea

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
It sounds like you may be interpreting "waiting" as "rejection:(" The answer to "what does he want from me now?" wasn't "nothing:)"! It was he wants to see "self-increase and self-improvement." Sounds like he's looking for a partner who will be able to keep up with him when the time is right...

No reason you can't:
1) For openers, let him know you've been thinking about it and that you want him know you appreciate that he takes his future seriously...
2) Go ahead and involve yourself in new self-growth and improvement activities (a class, volunteer somewhere, anything).
3) Check in with him periodically and and let him know how well you're doing ;).

amradea

visitor
Reaction score
Thank you Iams Girl for your explanations and advice.

It's interesting you are talking about taking up classes or any new activities, because I forgot to mention in my first post that actually at this moment I am off country for almost two months (March-April), pursuing an internship I've chosen to help me make some changes in my career. I also took a new job offer (in my country) and I will start working at the beginning of May. Although him and I haven't talked in months (I am the one how cut any means of communication), he knows these things from mutual friends.

Now, thinking about my current situation and what you've just written to me, I'm seeing Yi's answer slightly different. Maybe hexagram 42 is not only about what he wants from me, but also what it is that he knows about me in this moment.

This is why today I asked the same question: What does he want from me now? The answer was 15.3.4 to 16. I'm not really sure about the meaning, Maybe he wants me to be more friendly. 16 makes me think about his number one passion: music.

I also asked: what does he feel for me now? 37.1 to 53. Sounds good, but I wonder if this one really talks about his feelings or maybe someone new in my life.

And, finally: what is the future of this relationship? (if I can call it like this) The answer: 45.4 changing to 8. I'm pretty sure I will be seeing him at the end of month, but it will be a work-related event, nothing intimate.

However, these results seem just too good to be talking about him. We don't even keep in touch, he might be in love with some other girl by now and I should probably take care of my own future. Maybe the Yi is telling me something else about my future, I don't know...

Best wishes,
amradea

Last edited:

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
...as you've said, the results seem good. am not sure where all the doubts are coming from. is there reason to mistrust him?

15.3.5>16: seems he just wants you see you be devoted to completing what you've set out to do
37.1>53: that he feels there is potential, but needs to set boundaries and, just like last week(!), doesn't want to "put the cart before the horse"
45.4>8: think it has a lot to do with whether you are able to be patient and trust in him while he gathers momentum in his career

amradea

visitor
Reaction score
Thanks again, your interpretation is more objective than mine. :)

There's no reason to mistrust him, he is focusing on his career and so am I. I can be patient but I have doubts this will lead anywhere, because he never said our relationship would interfere with his work, I think it has more to do with his previous relationship, I've met him shortly after him and his ex separated. Time will tell...

iams girl

Supporter
Clarity Supporter
Reaction score
Time will tell...

Well, maybe true, but "amra" means "princess" and "dea" means "goddess" (according to a quick google seach), so I have high hopes for your team :bows:!

Buy a pretty dress to wear for the end of April and a nice card with your new phone/email #'s to give him as a peace offering :). Re-establishing communication might be a good first step to clearing things up, don't you think?...

amradea

visitor
Reaction score
You put a smile on my face, I never thought about the meaning of my username, it just came to mind. :) You are right, re-establishing communication is a first step, shopping is also good. :) And if this doesn't work, then, well, there's fish in the sea...

Thank you.

Clarity,
Office 17622,
PO Box 6945,
London.
W1A 6US
United Kingdom

Phone/ Voicemail:
+44 (0)20 3287 3053 (UK)
+1 (561) 459-4758 (US).